Colten Care

Colten Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom173 reviews

residentcarerslovelydementianursecarestaffsupport

Management is good

Overall the management is good. Coltencare is one of the popular care homes. It's always better for someone to start their career with colten care. Staffs are friendly and helping. The training before joining was excellent and covered all the valuable information required for the job.

Great company to work for

The company is very accommodating. Immediately made me feel welcomed and valued. Thorough training provided - not just thrown in at the deep end. Great company.

Pros

Free lunches, thorough training, fuel paid for/prepaid taxi to training, friendly colleagues

Cons

nature of the job can be quite stressful at times

Insights into Colten Care

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun friendly workplace

Have fun while working and feel well supported by other members of staff and management. Lovely environment to work in and a joy to get to know the residents

Pros

Satisfaction that I’m helping people

Very friendly and helpful workplace.

Really enjoy working for colten care so far. Lovely work environment and friendly staff. Good work and life balance and a good and competitive wage with the current crisis

Fun-filled environment with wonderful staff.

The staff are very nice, Colten Care takes their values very seriously. A nice place to work, it is one of the top 20 Care Homes in the UK. They also give free lunches.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

I have not noticed any yet

Friendly environtment conducive for professional growth

Workplace is fantastic. People are genuinely helpful and there is definitely a career advancement contrary to what nurses believe when asked to choose between a hospital and carehome

Difficult

I worked for colten care for 5 years, it used to be a lovely home but with a lot of turn over with management and staff it had gotten worse.Most of the seniors don’t do anything apart from meds! Not enough staff on the floors, which made it harder! Some of the staff was nice but the rest were awful. Money was rubbish. I used to come home feeling terrible at the end of every shift.

Great workplace

Very easy process from applying to receiving the position, profession bit fun interview, excited to return to work and be involved back in the care industry, they also hold great learning academy.

Can’t answer these as not started place of work.

Doing this during induction, so can’t submit stars, however going off of the induction, it seems like a fantastic, friendly place of work. I am excited to start.

Fun place to work

I have recently been employed by Colten Care as Senior Care Lead. During my interview and training I have been treated with kindness, everyone has been so friendly.

Excellent

From the first day on site I felt welcome and everyone was so lovely. The interview process was easy and I got the job on the day. Communication is also great and I am always receiving news and updates.

Pros

Free lunches

Hard work but really enjoyable

Every day is different, very supportive company to work for, great induction training and support when I started. Lovely team to work with and supportive management

Great training

They have a great training and onboarding programme, very extensive and detailed however interactive and a great teacher. Would highly recommend this company

Pros

Free lunch, treated fair and respected

Fabulous

Wonderful place to work super brilliant love jgt wonderfully fun really impressed super and wonderful brilliantly super really good choice made brilliant

Pros

Working environment

Fab training

Very detailed and fun training, easy to enjoy and very informative, lovely trainer and new starters, gives a stronger understanding if the job role Great training

Only have been here couple of days but feel like I finally found the job I want to stay at

The moment I walked in I felt so welcome by the staff and the training is simple and easy to understand, want to stay here and the staff are so nice and caring to the residents, not a single frown in sight

Pros

Salary

Cons

Na

Happy in my role

My experience to date has been very positive. The team I work with are very approachable and supportive. I am looking forward to progressing within this company.

Lovely place to work

I worked for Colten care for 5 years and only left because I relocated, I loved working there and all the staff and management were lovely and everybody was treated like family, sure there were ups and downs but the downs were quickly resolved, I would definitely recommend Colten care to anyone wanting to start a career in healthcare as they provide all the necessary training to do so.

Super helpful

I have worked at colten care now for 5 weeks I'm very happy and it is very enjoyable. I'm particular greatful for the quality of the training? I'd recommend working here to all positive people.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Nothing hidden

Productive and rewarding

Overall a great company to work for great team and management. Plenty of training available and plenty of support.6weekly rota so life and work is balanced.

Pros

Free launches

Such a rewarding job

I gave up a job in special educational needs to get a better work life balance. I love working for Colten Care and have joined a brilliant team, the job is so rewarding. I would not hesitate to recommend working for Colten Care, they have great values when it comes to looking after the elderly and there staff. My manager has an open door policy and I feel I can talk to her any time.

Pros

Free lunches, lunchtime paid for

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colten Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Colten Care with

Learn about Colten Care in popular locations

• Colten Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?