COLTEN CARE LTD

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and Fast-paced enviornment

A typical day at work would include cleaning residents' rooms and common areas and alot of teamwork. I had a friendly and collaborative team and I enjoyed spending time with everyone.

Pros

Clear rotas, friendly staff, productive days

Cons

Not many hours

great company

I have really enjoyed my time at colten and worked for them around 10 years in a couple of their homes, great workplace culture and very fair. The work is hard but worth it

Pros

residents and staff

Cons

hard work

Ok to start but the truth comes out over time

I have worked at a few Colten homes and they all seem to be the same. They're more interested in the money than treating staff and residents with the respect they deserve. Everything started out well, with promises of a work-life balance, contracted hours and a welcome bonus - but don't let that entice you. Some of the staff are lovely but there seems to be a lot of cliques within the homes. From my first day at my first Colten home I was warned about how the management treat staff and boy, they weren't wrong. Homes are constantly understaffed. There are almost always agency staff bought in who quite frankly don't know what they're meant to be doing. There's also little to no training provided for new starters, who are left with no guidance, putting resident's wellbeing at risk.Many times we have been left with 2 members of staff to care for 15+ residents (many of whom require assistance of 2 staff to mobilise and for hygiene, leaving other residents without care at times) which just isn't safe. The residents needs aren't being met. Colten say they're all about dignity and individuality but they're actually more interested in the money they can fool out of resident's families. Management are an issue within themselves. You're made to feel as though you aren't appreciated at all. If you ever need to speak with your manager(s), you will be shunned from the office by waving hands. E-mails and phone calls are never answered so it always feels like you're chasing in order to speak with the management. In terms of hours, you're told at short notice what you're going -

Pros

Free Lunch, Free Parking

Cons

Everything else

Supportive Team

New in Colten Care in Jan 2022, I have been treated with the upmost kind and caring support by all who I have met. The company ethos is very clear in that they look after all who they care for including staff. They are reflective of their values and I have found that they are keen to hear what staff have to say, I am looking forward to the next year and becoming part of the Colten team.

Great company to work for

Colten care are a really good company to work for.They give staff encouragement to improve and reach there full potential. They care about the residents in their care homes.There values are very important to there success.I worked for them as a chef for nearly 20 years and I loved my time with them.

Pros

Excellent company run to a high standard of care

Cons

Chef's are 12 hours for 4 days on 4 days off.

Been a pleasure to manage Wellington Grange - Chichester

I have worked for Colten for 2 years through the pandemic managing Colten's Chichester care home. The company have been very supportive and care a great deal about all levels of staff. Wellington Grange has been a pleasure to manage with an excellent staff team. The home has managed very well and staff have shown a commitment to the residents welfare driven by the Colten values. Head office support is great and drives the quality of care which is essential.It is the best company I have worked for and only moving on as relocating to the south west. I would support highly this is a company of choice for those who wish to work for a respected team and with a company who has great values.

Pros

good staff benefits, bonus structure for managers, good inclusive team working, good head office support

Cons

Need to build me a home to run in Somerset.

Great company to work for !

I have worked for Colten Care for 8 years, and I have to say, there are no two days the same. I enjoy every element of my job role, and look forward to coming to work. I feel lucky to be part of the Colten Care family.

Pros

Always get support from peers when needed.

Cons

None that I can think of

Colten Care are a family run company who support their staff very well. I have recently joined the company and my induction was brilliant. I have been very well supported by all members of the management team. I am proud to have joined a great company who care about their staff and of course the residents. I love supporting the staff within my team and ensuring they are developed to the best of their ability, The development opportunities are great especially if you wish to train as a nurse or progress within the company and of course ensuring that my residents are happy and comfortable within their home.

Pros

Supportive and friendly teams

Cons

I haven't found any!

Supportive Team

New in Colten Care in Jan 2022, I have been treated with the upmost kind and caring support by all who I have met. The company ethos is very clear in the=at the y look after all who cross our paths as they want the best out of their staff. I am looking forward to the next year and becoming part of the Colten team.

Best company I have ever worked for

Colten Care are a family run company and they treat their staff very well.I have felt supported and listened to.The Residents are at the heart of everything they do and this shows as they have an excellent reputationOpportunities to develop and progress and higher management are always on hand to assist.I certainly made the right decision when I first applied for a Manager's position with Colten Care.

Pros

Care Homes all located close to Head Office Development opportunities Lovely well maintained Homes.

Cons

I haven't found any!

Great Student Nurse Placement!

I completed an 8-week student Nurse placement at Colten Care - St Catherine’s View in Winchester. It was an amazing experience! Staff were incredibly supportive and welcoming with a great network and diverse team to learn from. A wonderful insight into a dementia care home setting and couldn’t have asked for a better placement! Thank you St Catherine’s team, you were amazing!

Supportive and structured company

Great company to work for - lots of support at all levels of management. The work gives you a great sense of purpose. Fantastic team who love what they do with commitment and passion.

Stressful and unappreciated

4 years ago I would have recommended ColtenCare as a good place to work. Unfortunately it has expanded into a company run by accountants and box tickers that show no empathy to the staff,who have a life outside of the workplace or sometimes even acknowledge they have one! Stress levels are high,a cliquey working environment with constant staff shortages meaning covering two people's shifts not uncommon. You need a thick skin.

I enjoy my role.

I am a senior nurse with Colten care and I enjoy my role very much. Its very varied and I love the residents. I think Colten Care is a good company to work for.

We have a good team :)

Overall it’s not a bad place to work, but more could be done though to help with career development in terms of support for further studying to enhance your career.

Great place to work an extended family

I have worked for the company for more than 10 years and love my job. The residents and staff become a family. There is always the chance to further knowledge and qualifications to advance within the company. I really have no complaints and can’t imagine working anywhere else.

Unappreciated, ungrateful, underpaid, stressful!

I was very excited to join Colten Care back in 2018. It soon turned out to be such a disappointment. Managers constantly changing, none of them stayed longer than few months.The current manager is awful. Very bossy, unfair, intimidating, disrespectful. Staff are always working very very hard but they are undervalued, disrespected. Understaffed all the time, no agency apparently because they cost too much. So the limited amount of carers do the job for 2-3 which is very damaging to the physical and mental health. The company is all about money, making profit, even if it costs the staff's wellbeing. However I had this experience at every single care home I ever worked. Being a carer is not fun anymore like it used to. Due staff shortage, the tasks are not always done in time or properly and carers are blamed. Anytime somebody was blamed, including me, we found deaf ears to our concerns. I truly feel sorry for everybody because they are doing their best and get nothing but blame, blame, blame. Being told off all the time. Awful! No flexibility in rota even for a parent with busy life. All the hard work I have done before and during the pandemic all went to the bin. It does not worth the effort! My wellbeing is damaged, I ended up on antidepressants. Residents deserve much better care too!

Supportive and friendly

I can honestly say that working for Colten Care has been the best move in my career. Support and thorough induction. Friendly staff, lovely residents.

Pros

Extensive induction, great training programme, free lunch, supportive team. Career progression.

Cons

Can honestly say there aren't any

Family run

Always putting the residents first and high standards of care. 100% recommend if your looking to work in a company that makes a difference to our residents lives.

Pros

free lunch andtraining

Cons

hard work, as all care work is

Colten Care has made me feel valued and given me an opportunity I will be forever grateful for.

Colten Care is a fantastic company to work for. I feel valued and listened to every single day. We are all a big family, everyone is there to help one another and support you through all areas. I have never worked in a company where I have been so happy and content and enjoy coming to work everywhere!

Pros

Fantastic team to work alongside, support in work and home life, amazing working environment, managers that put you first

Great company

Great company and family run! Will invest in the staff and has great support teams in place. High standard care for the residents living with them. The job is hard but 100% worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COLTEN CARE LTD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare COLTEN CARE LTD with

• COLTEN CARE LTD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?