Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

Boring and future-less work place

you can try really hard, perform really well, but how far you can go really depends on if your manager likes you or not, or if they wish to let you promote.

Stressful

No work life balance during lockdown, unrealistic pressure to achieve unrealistic targets, with systems that are too slow to operate remotely. Not nice.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Bad culture

Competitive but fair

Management was micro-managey but overall a good place to work Depends on the area in terms of opportunities to progress as some are quite free flwoing - others have lifers

Collaborative workplace

A place where you are able to do your work without being micro managed, they focus on having a good home, work life for employees. Management are happy to listen to your questions and issues throughout the day and will always attempt to provide a solution.

Excellent

CBA, London is a modern, forward thinking office with a collegiate band of workers. In Trade, the London management team and support team were hard-working and good people to be around.

N/a

With a presence in Europe since 1913, the Commonwealth Bank has more than 180 staff across the region. We have established strong positions in a diverse range of market segments and regions in Europe. Our focus on building partnerships where our expertise of the Australian market and product offering can deliver distinct advantages to clients. In addition to providing products and services to financial institutions, non-bank financial institutions as well as corporates and multinationals, we also provide migrant banking services for people moving to Australia.

conservative

not good enough, not aggressive enough in risk taking and exploring new business or opportunities in the global markets. Very staid culture and conservative

Still a Bank

CBA will pose itself as an Australian corporate culture. Fun and energetic.. Don't be fooled, it is still a cut throat investment bank. However beer is served on Friday's

CBA Review

I would be prepared to give a fuller opinion of this organisation on a one to one basis in future - specifically once I have departed. If required I would be happy to receive specific queries by phone or email.

Eur business

a great place to work - unfortunately: the intervention of the ECB in EUR markets made the development of this new business line at CBA almost impossible and given the difficulties the management decided to drop the project.

Great

A typical day was 8:30-5pm with a one hour lunch break. I had never worked in financial markets before so learnt a lot about that. I really really enjoyed the people i worked with. The hardest aspect of the job was not always understanding what i was trying to achieve given my limited background in markets. The best part of the job were the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement