Communisis

Communisis Employee Reviews

I enjoy the job, the equipment I work on is both interesting and can be quite technical. The workplace has many good workers and a few who think they know more than they do. Recently however I feel there are politics that are at play which seems to show a more popularity orientated approach to promotion than merit. Dont get me wrong it is great place to work and I appreciate everything I have learned there. However I am considering leaving because of the previous point.
Pros
Good colleagues, interesting machines
Cons
No longer a challenge, Popularity over merit based promotions
The company doesn’t have any English workers got told it was 11.30 ph on the 3 on 4 off pattern 12 hour shifts but it didn’t happen got there and was licking stamps for 2 days
Pros
Might get 11.30 ph after “training”
Cons
Lied about the rate of pay
Horrendous management, bad vision, bad communication and lack of respect for staff on shop floor. Management are quick too condemn but never say thank you due to lack of people skills and bullying and being very untrusty and same with working along side staff. The team leaders are just as usuless and are out for themselves. No good will between staff and management and staff and staff avoid at all costs!
Pros
Non
Cons
Ok best describes these. Not the worst company to work for by any stretch but a very 'if your face fits' culture of advancement I think. Tend to pay lip service to things without genuinely caring about people - as do most companies in reality.
Supportive management, a great team to work with across all sites. The job is what you make of it and success is rewarded accordingly. Would recommend to anyone
They work you hard, management don’t respect what you do. Management only care about themselves. You have to be in the inner circle to get promoted. They expect you to deliver everything and not pay you the industry rate
Management don't care about staff or anything that doesn't affect them. Double standards , favouriteism , they won't offer anyone a contract on the machines or warehouse staff... But they'll give permanent jobs to office staff that don't even do anything. Managers are on a silly wage and do nothing , they make you work like dogs. Management attitude stinks.agency staff get treated horrible. There's no one that will lisyor cares they walk around like they know what they doing but they just winging it. They look down at you. Agency staff favour management.they bully you.. horrible place to work.
busy days learned from others management not structured hardest part of the job is the self training. You need to work out yourself what to do. There is no guide or process documentation.
this work place is like a concentration camp.it is full of east europeans mostly polish who all speak in polish so me being english you have no idea what there saying.The management are a bunch of slave drivers supervisiors and management are there for one thing to cause stress to english people only. This firm took over from HSBC bank from which i came they have driven english people and especially EX HSBC bank staff from the company they only promote east europeans the whole structure of this work place is really bad they also lie to there customers they hide work which is behind it's processing date when HSBC do a site visit the work is hidden in the warehouse on pallets put up on the top shelves so that the visitors never see it a shambles of a company
The company is just not a very reliable company to work for and the pressure for the amount of wage you’re on is definitely something that really put me off the company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Communisis?
I really enjoyed my time at communisis even though it was a temporary placement i met some great people whom i now am friends with outside of work the work was at a nice pace with great members of staff
Communisis were not a pleasant company to work for. Management had no idea of the work involved. They caused low morale. Blamed staff for their incompetence.
I worked as a temp for 3 months and enjoyed the friendly relaxed atmosphere. Excellent training given and staff very helpful. Only downside was that temp staff overlooked for permanent positions
Communisis / OSG is a bad place to work, avoid this place not worth it. A very senior manager was a bully to other the staff and in my time most of my team are leave due to this person. This place should be investigated by some government body.
I didn't enjoy working here at all. The management was very poor. The salary and wage rises were very poor as well.. I'd avoid this company at all costs.. Not a good company to work for at all.
Productive and fun workplace - Good benefits that are available to pay via salary sacrifice, good management, happy environment and good work ethic from everybody
Not recommended. There are a million different places you could start your adventure with employment. Avoid at all cost but it can be an easy ride....
Great people who make you feel valued and appreciated. I made some great friends and felt that the work I did genuinely mattered and made a difference to the company. Everyone I have worked for gives 100%, they value progression and development. They support charities, promote good mental health in the workplace.
Direct communications professionals with high profile clients spread all over UK and Europe. Inclusive culture and at the same time rigorous working standards and procedures. Excellent people to work with.
The management make decisions and claim to notify you but make decisions about your own career without informing you. This company have also been known to develop pointless reasons to give you punishment in order to assert their dominance and control. It's really unusual and overkill as most employees are way too good for that company. They also lie to actual clients such as nationwide about decisions to their systems and SLA's which I'm sure is illegal but they all laugh about it like a running joke. Wouldn't recommend working here unless you are a contractor but good luck because they are money careful even though they are heavily understaffed.
I enjoyed my time working at Communisis, however sadly the work ended up being a zero hour contract job with no prospect of a long term, or permanent position.
Pros
Easy to commute to with a Leeds city centre location
Cons
Agency work with no fixed hours or long term possibility of employment
  1. Employee reviews