Community Integrated Care

Community Integrated Care Employee Reviews

Working for this company I have gained so much knowledge and understanding of many different aspects of what care actually is. Hardwork yes it is.Long hours yes it isUnderpaid yes but still a good take home pay. Support from the management yes thier is. The most amazing part of the job is the people we support you will get more rewards by the smile you receive when going in to coming out after all that's why I'm a proud support worker.
Pros
Great training. Benifits. Career opportunities s
Cons
Hard work
This has been my first experience of working in this sector and I now appreciate the importance of health and social care. I feel that at last I am working in a sector that really adds value to peoples lives. The people who work in this charity have hearts of gold and always put the people that are supported first. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to work with for all the different regions and services and the diversity of my colleagues. With a number of new and exciting plans being introduced to make improvements to how we work, the workplace culture feels like it is making a really positive shift from where it has been in the past. Our opinions seem to be important to senior leaders and are actually being listened to and action on.
Pros
Lots of resources available to support my well-being.
Cons
Quick changing priorities
I have worked for community integrated care for almost a year now. I have amazing management behind me in the service I work in. they are supportive, approachable and understanding. The work and life balance is great, the service i work in has a real family feel to it, the staff are amazing and the people I support are unreal.
Pros
Family feel from the team, amazing management
Cons
The working day can be really flexible, expecially working from home and having a son that has regular trips to the dentist this is extremely helpful and helps me with my work life balance. During my time at Community Integrated Care, I have learnt there are some many people that really want to make a difference to peoples lives and this is really humbling to be apart of this journey. The team I work with are more than happy to help me with any queries I may have and I feel valued. Community Integrated Care are growing rapidly and this is a fast paced environment but there is always someone on hand to help if needed. Feeling part of a family rather that a cog in the wheel gives me so much job satifaction and make my role so much more enjoyable.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Fast paced environment
I started working for CIC a year ago, they offered me a step up on the career ladder and I'm glad I took it. My work colleagues are fantastic, passionate and eager to share their knowledge, we are a true team. My job is rewarding, not only do I get to support people but I also help my team to do their job to the best of their abilities and encourage them to want to progress.With CIC I really feel like I'm making a difference and I'm supported by my peers to want to leaen more and advance further.
Pros
Career progression is there
Cons
Long shifts
My time as a support worker for CIC has been amazing. I can't speak for all the services under CIC but the management team at Ridgewood Close is spectacular. They place a great emphasis on your personal and professional development. My work colleagues are also incredibly helpful and everyone takes pride in helping one another. My role is incredibly fulfilling and wholesome.
Pros
Clinical experience
Cons
Minimum wage
I have joined our organisation just over a year ago and I didn't regret my decision at no point. People We Support receive extremely high level or care, which is always person centred and person specific. Regional Manager is always available and ready to support/ advice when needed. Learning and Development Team and HR advisors always respond when any concerns are raised. honestly I can say that I am very proud to be a part of our manament team but also I can call myself very lucky to manage amazing team of support workers. Won Best Charity Award 2 years I the row for a reason!
Pros
Lot of support from higher management, possibility of progression within organisation, wonderful staff team and people supported
Cons
Nothing so far
Id like to start by saying that each service is diverse, as expected in the care setting! I started my employment, and CIC pushed me through my level 3 NVQ and my level 5 NVQ. I was given over 50 hours of training (some optional on my part) however there is an amazing resource for this which allows you to learn at your own pace and allowed me to excel at my role. I have never been supported and guided by a company like I have by CIC. They truly want to develop you as a carer and make you critically think about where you want to be and how to get there. I feel that working alongside a diverse range of service users and staff creates an amazing culture and in the multiple services I worked in, I was positively challenged and was able to build my own knowledge and understanding in a way that suited me. I would happily recommend CIC as an outstanding company to work for.
Pros
No Uniforms / Strong Leadership / Development Opportunities / Employee Forum / Large Benefit Scheme
Cons
National Minimum Wage
I've worked for the organisation for several years and I really enjoy it. I've found the role to be interesting and there is plenty of work and plenty of variety to the work, which helps to keep each day different. There are good recognition schemes within the company to help recognise your colleagues and teams which, when used well, can be a real boost! If you ask, there's also the opportunity to gain experience in other areas, which is brilliant.The people we support are great fun to spend time with and I enjoy working to onboard staff that will support them to help achieve their goals. Overall, I enjoy working for the company and within support services, there is a really good team dynamic which is fun and satisfying to work within. The company has been really flexible during the COVID pandemic which has resulted in a much-improved work-life balance.
Pros
Challenging work, opportunities to learn and good staff
Cons
Needs more development opportunities for support services staff
You get support if your face fits! And if favored then some managers will make things happen to get what you want. I worked for the company for years and saw many people get dismissed for speaking out. I enjoyed supporting the service users but was unable to do it to the best of my ability due to some of the restrictions put on me by managers.
Pros
The people supported
Cons
Everything else
I started my job as a Service Leader at the beginning of the pandemic where there was no face to face training and we were all getting to grips with using new online systems and teams calls. The Regional manager started around the same time as me so we were kind of all supporting each other. The other staff couldn’t have been more helpful and if I was ever unsure of something someone would walk me through it on Teams or telephone. I’ve been here just over a year now and still find the staff team to be the most helpful and supportive of anywhere I have worked previously. I feel like I am valued as a service leader and that I am supported by my Regional Manager. I love the services I have worked in and can honestly only say amazing things about the company.
Pros
Supportive leadership
Cons
Staff retention
The work itself is fantastic and offers a lot of learning opportunities. Working with PWS and their families is challenging and very rewarding. Unfortunately this is undermined by an awful culture and poor management. Expectations are unrealistic and staff cut corners to meet them. Shocking communication, staff kept in the dark about important decisions and changes to care. Rotas can be terrible and without any thought put in (no routine to Nightshift and dayshift, just chucked in the middle of a 80 hour week). Staff don't work as a team and don't have enough training. No middle management so managerial responsibilities pushed on to already struggling staff team. Horrible bullying and cliques - management don't want to know. High turnover. Wouldn't have lasted a year in the role if not for the PWS.
Pros
Hands on work, forming relationships with PWS.
Cons
Little guidance and huge responsibilities, huge and unrealistic expectations of time management, dismal communication, high turnover, rota can be unmanageable
30 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences working for our charity. We absolutely agree that working with the people we support to lead the best life possible is fantastic and so rewarding!We are really sorry to read that this was your experience. It is clear that in your view you have not felt supported by your line manager and we would really appreciate the opportunity to investigate this in greater detail. Our Managing Director or Head of Operations for Scotland would be keen to meet with you and listen to your experiences, you can call our Glasgow office on 0141 419 9401 to discuss this further. Alternatively, you can call 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk to share more detailed feedback anonymously. Feedback is really important to us so that we can continue to learn and improve and we hope that we'll hear from you soon.
No progression in the company unless your face fits or are willing to be a puppet. Shift pattern not thinking about staff burn out or time to recharge. Made to feel guilty if you can’t help out with extra shifts. Atmosphere is awful bullying from all levels. Ticking boxes is not important to management than the clients welfare. There are some really good staff but are over shadowed by the poor leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, atmosphere
30 April 2021
We know that colleagues that have had proper time to rest and recharge are key in helping the people we support to lead great lives and achieve great things. Making sure that colleagues have a great work life balance is therefore high on our agenda – we don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. We are therefore working hard to ensure that our services are fully recruited and to influence better pay rates across the sector. We are also exploring what flexible working might look like for our front-line workers! We are sorry that this was your experience, you've raised some concerning issues that we need to look into - could you please contact our whistleblowing hotline on 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk? Alternatively, our Managing Director or Head of Operations for Scotland would be keen to discuss your experiences in greater detail and ask that you contact them on 0141 419 9401 to discuss this further. Feedback is essential so that we can continue to improve and make our charity a great place to work, thank you so much for taking the time to share these comments.
really enjoyed working with the client, however the management team have been dreadful beyond a joke if anything, making life difficult living, during the start of covid, telling me wrong telling me not to over use gloves, putting lives at risk, locked out of emails before getting final email regarding the end of my contract, im sure if you are reading this you will see a trend within c-i-c find a job elsewhere.
Cons
split shifts, no support, overall try to avoid
Was a great job with great team now very stressful management is very poor and is nasty to certain staff alot of shared support as lack of staff alot of good support workers have left or off sick because of bad management whenever any complaints have been made about long shifts ,unfair distribution of shifts the management give you worse, alot of good staff have been forced to leave which is very upsetting if your face fits you're fine
Pros
People that we support
Cons
Long hours, nasty management
Not a good company at all.I put in a complaint against a member of staff.I got moved to a lesser paid place of work within the company whilst the staff member stayed where he was.Pretty unfair in my book.Surely it should have been the member of staff that was moved?
Pros
Cons
Loads
Started off well then I realised I was working with a very selective clique. Even relatives working together. Back stabbing with agendas. Management a joke. Met my Best Mate there but that's about it. Neither of us stayed much longer.
Pros
Met my Best Mate while there
Cons
Too Many.
Loved the staff team but it was the area manager up all wrong blame everyone but there selfs and it’s the little guy that gets stamped on no support if ur face don’t fit
Pros
Working with good staff team
Cons
When I first started here it was nice. However, it soon became a struggle of process of having to ask every time you wanted to do do something. I felt in the like a puppet. Daily, the management brought in more and more paperwork. I became more secretary than health worker!It began to go downhill shortly after. When other staff just had to work with different agency staff on daily basis. No practical support from nurses, they were usually overloaded with paperwork, or being told off within earshot of us carers. I left soon after the one good nurse went home and never came back. Didn't blame her for that.Please think long and hard about working here.
Pros
Not far to travel
Cons
Constant interruptions. Being treated like a nobody
You are left to your own judgement on many things, head office think of themselves not one of them would know how to look after people with disabilities, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
20 January 2021
We are sorry that you didn’t feel supported during your time with us. Throughout this year, there have been times when senior leaders were not allowed to enter services due to COVID-19 restrictions, however, please be assured during this time our senior teams had daily, weekly and monthly calls with service leaders to check in on the health and wellbeing of the people we support and our colleagues. Over the past few months, senior teams and quality assurance manages have been present across all our services to ensure the highest standards of support which we strive for daily.Our employee forum ‘Gamechangers’ makes sure that our front-line colleagues have a voice, and can make a real and positive impact on the working life for all colleagues and the people we support. All colleagues have access to and are encouraged to raise concerns, highlight issues, or suggest ideas for discussion through their Gamechanger Rep and we make sure we have input from Gamechangers and operational colleagues on all key decisions. Colleagues can now also share their ideas and concerns using our fantastic new engagement platform – Hive!Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences working for our charity.
This is the worse company I have ever worked for, discriminative and unfair I wouldn't recommend to anybody. This company is well and truly corupt. Management do not care about staff. The company is not person centred at all and they only care about themselves and not the people they support. I wouldent put a family member or friend in their care.
Pros
Non
Cons
Managers, staff
11 December 2020
We are so sorry this was your experience, you've raised some really concerning issues that we will be looking in to. We would really appreciate it if you are able to provide us with more information to help with our investigation, can you please contact our whistleblowing hotline on 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk? All methods are completely secure and confidential. Thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns, we hope that we'll hear from you soon so that we can properly investigate and deal with this.