Community Integrated Care

Community Integrated Care Employee Reviews

No progression in the company unless your face fits or are willing to be a puppet. Shift pattern not thinking about staff burn out or time to recharge. Made to feel guilty if you can’t help out with extra shifts. Atmosphere is awful bullying from all levels. Ticking boxes is not important to management than the clients welfare. There are some really good staff but are over shadowed by the poor leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, atmosphere
really enjoyed working with the client, however the management team have been dreadful beyond a joke if anything, making life difficult living, during the start of covid, telling me wrong telling me not to over use gloves, putting lives at risk, locked out of emails before getting final email regarding the end of my contract, im sure if you are reading this you will see a trend within c-i-c find a job elsewhere.
Cons
split shifts, no support, overall try to avoid
Was a great job with great team now very stressful management is very poor and is nasty to certain staff alot of shared support as lack of staff alot of good support workers have left or off sick because of bad management whenever any complaints have been made about long shifts ,unfair distribution of shifts the management give you worse, alot of good staff have been forced to leave which is very upsetting if your face fits you're fine
Pros
People that we support
Cons
Long hours, nasty management
Not a good company at all.I put in a complaint against a member of staff.I got moved to a lesser paid place of work within the company whilst the staff member stayed where he was.Pretty unfair in my book.Surely it should have been the member of staff that was moved?
Pros
Cons
Loads
Started off well then I realised I was working with a very selective clique. Even relatives working together. Back stabbing with agendas. Management a joke. Met my Best Mate there but that's about it. Neither of us stayed much longer.
Pros
Met my Best Mate while there
Cons
Too Many.
Loved the staff team but it was the area manager up all wrong blame everyone but there selfs and it’s the little guy that gets stamped on no support if ur face don’t fit
Pros
Working with good staff team
Cons
When I first started here it was nice. However, it soon became a struggle of process of having to ask every time you wanted to do do something. I felt in the like a puppet. Daily, the management brought in more and more paperwork. I became more secretary than health worker!It began to go downhill shortly after. When other staff just had to work with different agency staff on daily basis. No practical support from nurses, they were usually overloaded with paperwork, or being told off within earshot of us carers. I left soon after the one good nurse went home and never came back. Didn't blame her for that.Please think long and hard about working here.
Pros
Not far to travel
Cons
Constant interruptions. Being treated like a nobody
You are left to your own judgement on many things, head office think of themselves not one of them would know how to look after people with disabilities, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
20 January 2021
We are sorry that you didn’t feel supported during your time with us. Throughout this year, there have been times when senior leaders were not allowed to enter services due to COVID-19 restrictions, however, please be assured during this time our senior teams had daily, weekly and monthly calls with service leaders to check in on the health and wellbeing of the people we support and our colleagues. Over the past few months, senior teams and quality assurance manages have been present across all our services to ensure the highest standards of support which we strive for daily.Our employee forum ‘Gamechangers’ makes sure that our front-line colleagues have a voice, and can make a real and positive impact on the working life for all colleagues and the people we support. All colleagues have access to and are encouraged to raise concerns, highlight issues, or suggest ideas for discussion through their Gamechanger Rep and we make sure we have input from Gamechangers and operational colleagues on all key decisions. Colleagues can now also share their ideas and concerns using our fantastic new engagement platform – Hive!Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences working for our charity.
This is the worse company I have ever worked for, discriminative and unfair I wouldn't recommend to anybody. This company is well and truly corupt. Management do not care about staff. The company is not person centred at all and they only care about themselves and not the people they support. I wouldent put a family member or friend in their care.
Pros
Non
Cons
Managers, staff
11 December 2020
We are so sorry this was your experience, you've raised some really concerning issues that we will be looking in to. We would really appreciate it if you are able to provide us with more information to help with our investigation, can you please contact our whistleblowing hotline on 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk? All methods are completely secure and confidential. Thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns, we hope that we'll hear from you soon so that we can properly investigate and deal with this.
I have worked for this company for a considerable amount of time, I have had more managers than I care to think about. The company for me is not person centred it is goal orientated. Paperwork comes before everything else. My view of caring is people first, especially those that are in your care. I am disappointed in the road being travelled by the company at this moment in time, and feel that major changes need to be put in place.
Pros
Cons
long hours staff not appreciated. your just a number
21 December 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We absolutely agree that providing quality support and delivering the best possible lives for the people we support is the priority. A key part of this is making sure we keep really great records. We know that paper records aren’t ideal, so over the past year we have been rolling out an innovative digital way of record keeping and care planning to all our services – this enables our teams to spend more time doing what they love: supporting our wonderful people. We’re sorry that you have left before we’ve introduced you to this fantastic new way of working – we hope that we’ll have the opportunity in the future to show you what we are doing to improve.
I worked for CIC for a very short amount of time. Right from the beginning I had trouble. From my application to staff members making false accusations against me as they didn’t like me. The manager however was amazing. But the staff were not. Older staff took advantage of new younger staff members and if they didn’t like you you’d know about it. If your face doesn’t fit false accusations will be made against you to get you out. Toxic work place. Would not recommend.
Pros
Residents, manager.
Cons
Staff
21 December 2020
We are so sorry this was your experience, you've raised some really concerning issues that need to look into, can you please contact our whistleblowing hotline on 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk? All methods are completely secure and confidential - safe practice is everyone's responsibility.Thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns, we hope that we'll hear from you soon so that we can properly investigate this matter.
I worked for them for 3 years and they really don’t care about the people we supported or the staff. Young managers lapping up power and not listening terrible place to work. Also my husband works for them now and gave his notice in as he said the people he supports are struggling as management are not listening and come in and are causing atmosphere as they are having a go at staff in front of people we support in there own home. Managers are unkind and not working together to make sure these amazing people get the support they so much deserve
Pros
Cons
Can’t explained how bad this company is to work for
21 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are so sorry that this was your experience. The behaviours you've noted are not at all in keeping with our values and we'd like to look in to this further so we'd appreciate it if you could contact our whistleblowing service Speak Out on 0151 422 5399, text 07568130475, or speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk.Supporting people to have the best possible life is our priority and we are committed to improving and delivering on this. We'd love to have the opportunity in the future to show you we can do better.
Community integrated care will be very fine if team leaders will learn respect for trained/registered nurses and management ensures that this happens.Everyone should learn to have a word with colleagues rather than backbiting.Moreso registered nurses should not be allocated to be carers or allocated to work as carers where a carer is the team leader.
21 December 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences working with us. We are so grateful to our amazing Nurses who go above and beyond on a daily basis – especially through such a challenging year. Thank you for everything that you do, we couldn’t do it without you! We are sorry that you haven’t felt the respect you deserve – this absolutely isn’t in keeping with our values. We’ve passed your comments on to the relevant teams to investigate. You can raise any ideas or concerns you might have using our new engagement tool “Hive” – it allows us to have a conversation with you without knowing who we are speaking to, ensuring anonymity.
You work hard, sacrifice family life working into the night and weekends, zero thanks, zero leadership and they have no moral compass to take everything you have to give and then make you redundant after mobilising 7 projects in quick succession and distributing thousands of PPE items to over 65 services to keep everyone safe. You are not even a number. This organisation may be not for profit but it is management exec top heavy and they have no allegiance to their hard working population. One in, one out.
Pros
Cons
Too many
This has to be the worst company in the north east, the culture of this company is bullying manipulation and toxic, if you value your career and your health slide past this job, cover ups with managers, lies and manipulation, totally unprofessional, disciplinary is rife and if your face doesnt fit they make pathetic untrue allegations to get you out, take heed!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
The whole company
21 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We’re sorry to hear this, it is not in keeping with our values and is a matter we would like to investigate further.We are committed to properly investigating any allegations and taking appropriate action when misconduct has occurred – this is essential to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the people we support. Supporting people to have the best possible life is our priority and we are committed to improving and delivering on this.To help us look into this further we'd appreciate it if you could contact our whistleblowing service Speak Out on 0151 422 5399, text 07568130475, or speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
It was a good company but the hours were very long, could be challenging at times, no work/home life balance, staff I worked with were very professional and friendly. No choice around shifts and got put in for mor hours than contracted to and expected to take overtime also. National minimum wage, and approx. £35 per sleep shift. You could be working anything from 6 hours to 48 hours straight with time at night for approx. 6hours sleep but you were meant to have 8hours but due to work it would always end up being less than that.
Pros
Great staff, service users were friendly and not a problem, lots of work available, lots of overtime available
Cons
Very long shifts, 12-14hour days, management could be funny at times, different rules for different places of work
21 December 2020
Making sure that colleagues have a great work life balance is high on our agenda – we don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. We are therefore working hard to ensure that our services are fully recruited and to influence better pay rates across the sector. We are also exploring what flexible working might look like for our front-line workers! Feedback is essential so that we can continue to improve and make our charity a great place to work, thank you so much for taking the time to share these comments.
Serious problems with management. Supported people's interests are not fully considered. Taking advantage of permanent staff. Humiliation of staff members.
21 December 2020
Anyone thinking of even joining this company don't do it they are a disgrace bad management leave u understaffed then when anything goes wrong they blame you and will always take the management side over you I worked for this company a while and the people that they employ but safeguarding issues pushed under the carpet if and when it suits I had seen many a colleague treated badly and blamed for management and company incompetence it's all about profit money etc There is absolutely zero hour support from up above if anything goes wrong they will always support you manager not you all stick together I woul never leave any of my loved ones in this companys care if you speak up you have. Mark against your name if worked in care years has to be one of the worse companys going thy twist the truth and cover things up especially to save managers constantly understaffed on shifts leaving big safeguarding oncrjs for both clients and staff then blame you if anything goes wrong unresponsive incall and managers for support then blame you if anything goes wrong worst experience in my while carrear of working in care
21 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We’re sorry to hear this, it is not in keeping with our values and we would like to investigate your experience further.To help us look into your experience we'd appreciate it if you could contact our whistleblowing service Speak Out on 0151 422 5399, text 07568130475, or speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
I worked here for 2 years and If it wasn't for the staff I would have stayed. The service users were great but jesus the staff were the ones that you were supporting or fighting with most if the time not physically but they were bully's and if the face doesn't find dont waste your time we had one lass she was a totall KAREN and that was her name also. Massive clique and cover ups also like the seniors and service users but avoid the cliques at all costs.
Pros
service users great, have a laugh great pay for sleep overs
Cons
Staff
This company is the most toxic place I have ever worked. They allow and actively cover up abuse and when you call them out on their abuse they turn on you and bully you out the company. Charity of the year my a**, abusers of the year is more fitting. You get paid the absolute minimum and are expected to do the maximum, whilst being treated like dirt. Avoid at all costs if you’re a caring person who actually wants to look after and care for vulnerable individuals!
Pros
Cons
Leaving the company
21 December 2020
The safety of the people we support is our absolute priority and we are committed to investigating all reports of potential harm. If you have genuine concerns about abuse, or the safety or wellbeing of the people we support we encourage you to report these so that we can ensure immediate investigation and appropriate action can be taken. Safe practice is everyone’s responsibility, our Whistleblowing hotline “Speak Out” can be contacted on 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk? All methods are completely secure and confidential. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns, we hope that you will be in touch to provide us with more information so that appropriate action can be taken.
where i currently work we have a great team. However its long hours and poor pay. A pay rise would encourage people more, especially support workers working against ac's on alot more money.
Pros
Lovely team, managment and residents
Cons
poor pay long hours
21 December 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences working with us. We don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. We are therefore working hard to ensure that our services are fully recruited and to influence better pay rates across the sector. We really appreciate feedback – it helps us to improve and make sure that working for our charity is a great experience for everyone. Colleagues can now share their ideas and concerns using our fantastic new engagement platform – Hive!