Community Integrated Care

Community Integrated Care Pay & benefits reviews

I've worked with this company for over 2 years and am glad to be leaving! The staff constantly moan about eachother and most of the time it becomes a very toxic environment to work in. Some staff don't even follow support plans and just do what they want thinking they know what's best with blatant disregard and disrespect for the people being supported, staff constantly seem to get away with this even when concerns are raised to management. Every complaint or issue is dealt with poorly or swept under the rug so things just go from bad to worse. Absolutely zero confidentiality too!Management is more concerned about numbers and figures, rather than the needs of the people being supported or staff well being!Work life balance is poor as you are shoved in any old shift on the rota and at times made to work 7 days without a day off and feel like your not allowed to question this as you feel pressured to do the shifts!!Just became a horrible and negative environment to work in. Will miss the people being supported but not much else!
Cons
Too Many
One of the best bits about working with CIC is the PWS and the staff team. The company is very person centered. Management are a great support and down to earth. A real team effort all around. Training is fantastic and lots of opportunities within the company.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
worked with the company for 9 years and at first they were great, i loved the people i supported and enjoyed a typical day. However the last 4 years management terrible we basically had none, the last year very rarely seen them and were given no support with covid, we had no senior and shared a manager with 3 other services and we were only alocated 1 day of their time but with covid they could not come in to the service at all and didn't make anytime for us. Increasing using agencies and new staff were completley incompetent, any issues raised to management were not dealt with, i had to leave as i felt the people i supported were not recieving duty of care standards, the it broke my heart to leave them knowing the level of care i was leaving them with was not good enough, i did raise the concerns with management and was told they agreed that others had confirmed the problems and the people would not pass the training period however they did and they never seemed to improve at all either. Some staff were great i must point out but there were others who were terrible and as i only worked with one other staff member at a time i seemed to always be on with one that was terrible probably to pick up the slack but this shouldn't be the way to run a service, i suffered a lot with my mental health in the end and had to leave due this whenever i tried to raise this to my manager it was ignored.
Pros
great PWS, good normal every day duties
Cons
no support, will not hear you if you raise a problem
Working for this company I have gained so much knowledge and understanding of many different aspects of what care actually is. Hardwork yes it is.Long hours yes it isUnderpaid yes but still a good take home pay. Support from the management yes thier is. The most amazing part of the job is the people we support you will get more rewards by the smile you receive when going in to coming out after all that's why I'm a proud support worker.
Pros
Great training. Benifits. Career opportunities s
Cons
Hard work
I have joined our organisation just over a year ago and I didn't regret my decision at no point. People We Support receive extremely high level or care, which is always person centred and person specific. Regional Manager is always available and ready to support/ advice when needed. Learning and Development Team and HR advisors always respond when any concerns are raised. honestly I can say that I am very proud to be a part of our manament team but also I can call myself very lucky to manage amazing team of support workers. Won Best Charity Award 2 years I the row for a reason!
Pros
Lot of support from higher management, possibility of progression within organisation, wonderful staff team and people supported
Cons
Nothing so far
Was a great job with great team now very stressful management is very poor and is nasty to certain staff alot of shared support as lack of staff alot of good support workers have left or off sick because of bad management whenever any complaints have been made about long shifts ,unfair distribution of shifts the management give you worse, alot of good staff have been forced to leave which is very upsetting if your face fits you're fine
Pros
People that we support
Cons
Long hours, nasty management
It was a good company but the hours were very long, could be challenging at times, no work/home life balance, staff I worked with were very professional and friendly. No choice around shifts and got put in for mor hours than contracted to and expected to take overtime also. National minimum wage, and approx. ÂŁ35 per sleep shift. You could be working anything from 6 hours to 48 hours straight with time at night for approx. 6hours sleep but you were meant to have 8hours but due to work it would always end up being less than that.
Pros
Great staff, service users were friendly and not a problem, lots of work available, lots of overtime available
Cons
Very long shifts, 12-14hour days, management could be funny at times, different rules for different places of work
21 December 2020
Making sure that colleagues have a great work life balance is high on our agenda – we don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. We are therefore working hard to ensure that our services are fully recruited and to influence better pay rates across the sector. We are also exploring what flexible working might look like for our front-line workers! Feedback is essential so that we can continue to improve and make our charity a great place to work, thank you so much for taking the time to share these comments.
where i currently work we have a great team. However its long hours and poor pay. A pay rise would encourage people more, especially support workers working against ac's on alot more money.
Pros
Lovely team, managment and residents
Cons
poor pay long hours
21 December 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences working with us. We don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. We are therefore working hard to ensure that our services are fully recruited and to influence better pay rates across the sector. We really appreciate feedback – it helps us to improve and make sure that working for our charity is a great experience for everyone. Colleagues can now share their ideas and concerns using our fantastic new engagement platform – Hive!
Although I love my job the hours are horrendous. We rarely get 2 days off together, constantly having to work more than our contracted hours meaning less time at home with our families. The rate of pay is shocking for the amount or responsibilities we have, some staff bully other staff and residents get screamed at by some staff members.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bullying atmosphere.
21 December 2020
Thank you for sharing your experiences working with us. We don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. We are therefore working hard to ensure that our services are fully recruited and to influence better pay rates across the sector. We really appreciate feedback – it helps us to improve and make sure that working for our charity can be a great experience for everyone. The work our colleagues do is truly incredible, thank you for everything you do for our charity!
This company will always steal your money intentionally, they will prevent to be looking into it till you forget about it, older staffs intimidating new ones. Staffs always being encourage to snitch on each other.the company always not paying the right amount of money which will be about two hundred fifty every month short is very constant and usual practise.i worked for this company at Griffin lodge, it was a
21 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share these comments. We are committed to ensuring that colleagues are paid properly and our payroll team are on hand to deal with any queries that might come in. We have undertaken work to simplify payslips so that colleagues can better understand what it is they are paid for each month. If you believe you have not been paid correctly, please contact our payroll team who can properly investigate this for you.
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Only drawback is poor pay and disorganised management. Long shifts and normally always overtime going unless the manager over recruits.
21 December 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences working with our charity. We are so pleased to hear that you loved the role!
Worked here 2 years ago, underpay, poor management, the only bonus of the job is the people you care for. They have you doing everything and working 70 hours a week
21 December 2020
Thank you for sharing your experiences working with us. We don’t believe that any of our colleagues should need to work or be expected to work long hours and everyone should be able to have proper time away from work where they can properly rest and recharge. All our management teams should be supportive to our colleagues, if you feel this isn’t happening for you, please contact your regional HR team or alternatively you can use our new HIVE platform to speak confidentially to a senior manager using the Open Door tool.We really appreciate feedback – it helps us to improve and make sure that working for our charity can be a great experience for everyone. The work our colleagues do is truly incredible, thank you for everything you do for our charity!
I worked at Beighton Road and would Never recommend this place Unpleasant unprofessional lying bullies by both management and staff and if you choose to report this to either management or community integrated care then they don’t care don’t listen don’t believe you or want to hear your side of the story they make you look like the victim and offer no support There is a very big issue with bullying which has driven dedicated loyal staff away and now they’ve moved on but the bullying continues via social media which the manager joined in with by laughing at the person been bullied also threats have been made and civil have been informed but have done nothing as per usual so it could go to be a police matter If you choose to have a day off or annual leave then you are expected to answer the phone to them because they may want you to work because they never have enough staff to cover shifts and should you not answer the phone then on your return to work you are shouted at for it you are not allowed a work life balance and that is how staff both current and ast have become to get mentally unwell but neither the management or vice care As for submitting this and vice repylying saying they are concerned about tithe issues I’ve raised then that is total rubbish they have had years to sort these Robles out but choose not too I could write a whole book about all the negatives about this place which hugely outweigh the positives absolute disgrace of a company lthe victim
I have worked in social care for 16 years and have worked for many organisations. Community Integrated Care are by far the most forward thinking, innovative and best organisation I have worked for. The values of the organisation are second to none. Front line staff are valued and recognised for all their hard work with huge benefits. I really enjoy working here and would not want to work anywhere else!!!!
DO NOT work for this company and especially this home with the current manager who is an egotistical bully. Always short staffed, mind you 60+ staff have left since current manager came. Overworked, underpaid, no support, bullying, no incriment pay for bank Holidays. Long hours unappreciated can't get holidays sign on you would be better off
Management are vindictive and bullies, to the point where you leave because you don’t get listened to and no one believes you. My immediate colleagues were amazing and supportive, they were a strong system, but management are a joke. Too busy sucking up to the regional manager and sorting paperwork to be focused on the care side of things. Overworked, under appreciated & not supported by management on anything. The pay is low for what you put up with and you only earn a lot if you want to work 24/7 and not have a life. We aren’t in this job for the money by any stretch, but, you receive no benefits working here really. Also, too many agency workers used who cannot do anything and lazy staff. If you enjoy your support worker role, do not apply here. You are working on your own, no former experience with handling people with mental health conditions, no training either, and no checking up on you from the work place that you are safe, in particular if visiting someone unstable... Very very poor work/life balance, they even call you on your days off to see if you can do calls!!! Such poorly oragnised, certainly lacking good management...
10 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience working with us. The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is extremely important to us with regional management teams implementing new initiatives to encourage colleagues to have open and honest conversations about their mental wellbeing. We encourage you to email Speak.Out@c-i-c.co.uk to share your concerns.
staffing levels are always low left working alone with challenging behaviour which results in staff getting hurt and not having any support which is needed, Mangers turn phones off so they don’t have to deal with the stress from the staff, paid minimum wage which is ALWAYS incorrect and when asking for manual payments the company taxes you 40%, long shifts, company promises 2 weekends off a month when really your giving the shifts to work all 4
23 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience working with us. The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is extremely important to us with Regional teams implementing new initiatives to encourage colleagues to have open and honest conversations about their mental wellbeing. We encourage you to speak with your local HR Team or email Speak.Out@c-i-c.co.uk to share your concerns.
Staff are left lone working for hours at a time with people who have severe challenging behaviour and are 2:1 while the company turns a blind eye and still receives the funds for both staff while there is only one member of staff doing two peoples work left in danger. they say there services are specialised but pay minimum wage, the pay is ALWAYS incorrect and when you receive a manual payment what you are owed from the company they deduct 40% managers turn their phones off on weekends so they dont have to deal with the stress of having no staff turning in for shifts and expect the staff who actually turn in to deal with it while trying to lone support. do not work for this company
26 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We welcome all feedback from colleagues past and present, and are committed to ensuring that your review helps us to improve the experience of our colleagues in the future.
I have worked for Community Integrated Care for over two years and I have seen great changes in my time here. It is clear that the People We Support are at the centre of everything we do. The recent launch of a 5-year strategy where the company and staff are working together aiming to continue to improve the lives of the people we support and ensure that staff are supported, valued, recognised and rewarded. This has led to workplace investments of wellbeing funds, long service awards, employee benefits programme and an investment in technology – all being a positive reason to work for Community Integrated Care.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Can be challanging at times due to busy workload
9 September 2019
Thank you for your feedback and your positive comments about the exciting initiatives taking place as part of our 5 year strategy of which aim to ensure that we create the best environment for our colleagues and the people we support which is underpinned by strong values. Your comments therefore are very welcome.
I moved to CiC to gain more of a work / life balance, and although hours can be long I work my own work load, and diary. The ability to work from home, service and head office gives myself the ability to find an environment to suit. I feel supported in my role, with freedom to manage in a appropriate way. The company is focused and forward thinking in its approach to care within the community and has people they support and the fore front of this aim. The opportunity to progress is rooted and as a company actively strive for this. I work within a group of approachable service leaders who are always keen to listen to problems or success to share ideas.
Pros
Benefits. Manage your own diary
Cons
can be long hours
10 September 2019
We are really pleased to read you lovely comments regarding your experience working with Community Integrated Care. We are so glad to see how your job provides a good work / life balance, that you are supported by your management team and see the opportunities to develop in an open environment. We wish you well with the rest of your career with us.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, too many agency workers, poor pay
10 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We regret to hear of the various issues you feel you encountered as this does not reflect our organisational ethos or values. We pride ourselves on being a caring employer and would welcome you to contact us to provide any further details regarding your experience or concerns us by emailing Speak.Out@c-i-c.co.uk.