Community Links logo

Community Links Employee Reviews

Great organisation to work with

Friendly and professional staff. Welcoming. Well established in the community. They have many years experience in community development and doing taster sessions, young peoples projects, job search for the unemployed, volunteering opportunities.

Pros

Training and PD opportunities

Cons

Can take time for new clients to uptake services.

Challenging yet rewarding place to work.

Working at Community Links was quite a hard job at times due to the nature of the service users we worked with. It could be quite challenging, however the support received from colleagues and managers was amazing. They were always there to help or just to listen if you needed to offload about a particularly stressful or worrying event. Overall a great place to work- just need thick skin!

Pros

Great team and collaborative culture.

Cons

Challenging

Loved the time spent with Community Links

The company has a great ethos , honesty and supports the people in the community, excellent company to work for . After working there for so many years I can honesty say that this was the best company to work for .

One of the best places I've worked

Great characters, good policies, good working practices and they have fun! Benefits outshone the pay but it was still pretty comparable to other places.

Community Links

I enjoyed working here. I was well looked after and the staff were very committed to their work. I took part in CPD which has helped me to secure further work

Excellent place to work

A first class organisation. Really look after employees through regular supervision with good management and a there's a feeling that you could speak to anyone within the organisation (operational managers, Chief exec) if necessary. Very well paid which is fair as it is demanding work, but overall one of the best mental health charities i've worked for.

Good company

Learnt a lot, its now just my time to move on. Good team around me, supportive CEO, management at my particular place of work lacked authority. Loved the clients, wish we could offer them more.

Not fun

The environment as athe time I was there was there terrible. The job culture is zero even there are diversity on paper not in the reality. It is a cold environment

Pros

Not productive

amazing

So much fun working with the festival line we get to hear all sorts of music and see lots of talents there's lots of community people there easy ticket line and reasonable prices and good stalled

Pros

fum

Cons

n.a

I worked at community links for many years , I was an adviser in welfare benefits, debt , housing, I was triage and saw 5000+people per year, I helped a lot of people going that extra mile, I also helped people apply for their benefits and did Disability forms and PIP applications but I took redundancy as I was moving to Bournemouth, but would like to do some part time work.

Exiting

Helpful staff when you have any problems with anything such as children, food, finding resources Learn different techniques to work with different children

amazing workplace

i loved working at community links the staff are very friendly and the customers were a pleasure to care for . i learnt how to care for peoples needs and how to look after customers in and outside the workplace

Pros

the feeling of being there for someone who has needs and making them smile

Cons

very tiring

Good part time work on an as and when basis

A worthwhile job supporting vulnerable young people to access community facilities. A chance to help change young lives. The most enjoyable part being the relationships that you develop with the young people and their families.

Pros

work is fairly independent

Cons

low pay

It was a great experience, volunteering for a good , wider cause. impacting people on a weekly basis made me feel accomplished and gave me a sense of gratitude :)

Fantastic role and staff

I enjoyed my time with the Community Links family, unfortunately i had to leave due to ill health. I worked independently with a fantastic group of clients, all actively seeking work and training; looking to move on in their lives.

Community Links

When I worked for Community Links they offered a very generous salary compared to other companies with similar roles. They also offered generous holiday entitlement, and encouraged team building regularly.

Great Community Focused Organisation

Community Links delivers innovative and effective consultation services to partner agencies and service providers to involve local members of the community in local decisions.

Outstanding job for the community

I started at this organisation as a Volunteer folding letters. I needed to give something back to the community and that was my opportunity. A couple of months later there was a job opportunity and I applied for it. This was the start of a rewarding job with excellent people at all levels. Progression and personal development was the paramount of this amazing journey.

Pros

Work/life balance

Good job, would benefit from opportunity to move up outside of direct management, ie specialist roles

Community based work, can be a challenge meeting targets but support is available via team and managers. Good training and staff welfare budget. Learning the areas clients use and live in I found enjoyable

Pros

Training, Annual leave, Welfare budget

Cons

Uncertainty around funding

Busy environment

Managed three services over three locations Great opportunities for personal development and growth Focus service on staff and wellbeing

Pros

further development, challenging

Cons

took work home, hard to switch off

Fun Workplace

Tesco is a great place to work I get on well with staff and customers

Pros

Keeping customers happy
  • Community Links