Compass Group UK & Ireland

Compass Group UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

Not enough labour hours to finish the job with high expectations.No overtime for manager, no recognizing your hard work, turn the site from bad to good reputation with 5 star score on the door.They don't recognize or remember the good thing you did, always the wrong one that will appear on every conversation.Management not pretty care about your situation. As long as client happy you will be fine.
Pros
Free lunches as you like
Cons
I can’t fault my employment with compassBest job I’ve ever had. The staff were great and we all got along very well. I regret leaving. I left due to not knowing if my job was going to secure after COVID finished so I panicked and left. Wish I hadn’t.
Pros
Great staff. Good laugh. Customers amazing to
Cons
Throughout working here I had amazing support I wasn’t worried about messing anything up because it was hard to do so I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there!
Based on my own long-term experience working for Compass Group, I would advise if you have a hint of self-esteem you should actively stay away from that absolutely filthy, billion-making, exploitative, and hyper-capitalist inferno/hole.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
The management have never been clear, promise after promise, asked the moon from employees and payed peanut. No ethics, no respect for the individual. All the time short staff and make the environment such a stressful place, until the limit that for your heathy you must to leave.
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Always short of staff
I would rather run a mile than work for compass. They take the mickey and when you look for another job they bully you from the workplace. because you’ve dared to look somewhere else. No incentive to stay
Pros
No pros - had free lunch when boss wasn’t in
Cons
Long days. Supervisors do what they want
I never in my life worked for such disgraceful company. They use you, once they done with you, they force you to leave.Do not work for them are bad company.. The only people to benefit from any intensive are managers and investors.
Pros
Nice site and people to work with
Cons
Too many brown noses, And bad top management.
Sadly I lost my job with compass due to COVID-19, with the second lockdown our canteen was forced to close so there was no other option for me, I absolutely loved my job my team and my place of work this is why I would like to try and stay in the same kind of work Environment , also I got all my certifications, and all round did very well at my job.
Pros
Perfect hours to work around my kids.
Cons
Managers speak to staff like you are a nobody ,swear at you and call you names in front of other members of staff ,nothing is private. Job itself was ok
Cons
Loved it, only recently let go but I’ll always enjoy my time I had in the Hyster canteen, got on great with the staff and good work environment, can’t complain.
Pros
Free lunches and great staff
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group UK & Ireland?
Didn’t get to take breaks yet was still deducted half an hour pay a day. No support from higher management. Was expected to do exact job as the manager but for minimum pay and if I needed to stay in my own time I was not paid for it.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no respect, unfair deductions.
During Covid, I was made redundant unfairly. Tehy choose what they like, not how people working. Even when I did appeal, they can't agree and even didn't give me right explanation, why they choose me to make redundant, when there is so much new staff who not working more than 2years.
Cons
Short staffed, don't replace staff when they leave, don't appreciate staff efforts. Poor menu's, small portions, expensive meals. Minimum wage only. Don't always pay wages right. Staff morale low under appreciated, shifts only concerned about their shift and not the next shift. Not the best food quality or due diiligence regarding food dates. Stressful environment.
Pros
Free food more than 6 hour shift, not bought in food
Cons
Minimum wage, short staffed, not replacing staff that leave. Stressful.
I have previously worked for compass but was tuped over to another company who then 2 months later made me redundant but i am now back with the compass team and working on another site .But feeling a bit more positive.
Pros
Happy Work Place
Cons
Can Be Very Hard Work
Where to start. The worst management I have ever experienced. Totally unprofessional on every level. Rock bottom staff moral. Workplace culture is negative at every turn. The job itself made almost impossible to achieve within given time frame due to lack of budget balancing, staff allocation, rota changes (an almost daily occurrence) no management support. My only recommendation to others would be to never apply.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management disrespect towards each other & to other colleagues.
AVOID WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY They don't care about staff and pay is low (that's if they pay you at all and 9 times out of 10 it's wrong)VERY bad management
Pros
Non
Rubbish company to work for they keep cutting staff Down and expect you keep the same standards, the amount of pressure you are out under isn’t worth it as it affects your health and your constantly tired. Feel under appreciated never got any praise from management but if your mistake affects their job then they come down on you like a ton of bricks management are just out for themselves they don’t care about the staff best thing I did leaving although even then I had to go to citizens advice ans as soon as I mentioned ESS compass group they said ah yes we have a lot of dealing with them.
You are just a number end of story, You are promised the world and then its all forgotten about after you start , its all about your face fitting if you are friends with senior management at ESS Defence they will magically find you work if not your made redundant simple
Pros
Work balance, Decent management pay
Cons
No loyalty
This company pays well below what you should be getting. Management don’t think much of employees, they don’t care about them. My ex manager was a complete ******* and thought we were all idiots. Avoid avoid avoid at all means. I was working in Belfast for this company.
I was tuped over and I thought the last company was bad, but how mistaken I was.ESS, part of the Compass Group, are the most unprofessional, disorganised company I have ever worked for. Their training is all online and they never offer any development , or craft training. You never see any of the upper management, unless you've done something wrong, so when you are hitting the bottom line, you never get any praise or encouragement.The thanks we got for staying on and covering the covid lock down was none, oops I tell a lie, we've had our hours cut and if you don't agree they forced us into redundancy. I have worked at my site for 15 years and they couldn't give a flying toss.As for complaints, bullying, other staff getting off there duties lightly and favouritism then you have come to the right company.Do yourselves a favour and give anything associated with this company a very wide berth.
Pros
cheap quality uniform
Cons
working for them
Ess part of compass group currently changing everyone's contract so we are working less weeks. Already on minimum wage this will see us being paid about 8.30 per hour. If we refuse to sign new contract, instant dismissal.