Complete Care

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Fun place to work was ruined when most of original staff left

Original staff before 2015 were fab really cared but then it was brought for a very low price of £1 I think as it had lots of debt. Since then the company hasn't been the same shame really.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, no benefits

Complex care

Great place to work and at the time many shifts available. Money is typically paid . Best working nights as it’s more money . Friendly staff who work in a team

Official response from Complete Care

9 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Working in a team is a significant part of the role so it's made easier when you have a great relationship with your colleagues. Feel free to get in touch if you would like to work with us again in the future.Thanks again, Complete Care

Complex care role

Dealing with acquired brain injury clients, very fulfilling role, lots of complex care, but very rewarding when you are making a difference to a person's life in this role.

Official response from Complete Care

13 December 2019
Hello, Thank you so much for the feedback. Complex care can be tough sometimes, but as you said, really rewarding at the same time and we do everything we can to support clients and staff. Many thanks, Complete Care

Supportive and genuine caring culture

I’ve worked at Complete Care for a number of years, there have been changes in owners, each with theirs own management styles, but care and safety of the clients has always remained centric to the company. I have worked in varying roles, all of which I have been fully supported with and I continue to love my job.

Pros

Supportive management, progressional routes, lovely environment to work in

At lung cancer, I did my practicum during my college time, so it was 160 hours work for the whole practical..i learned more in hospital care..i enjoyed my days in lung center.

Pros

no free

Cons

Company had some financial problems and it has been sold.

Not much support was given by managers for the employees when it needed. Lots of errors happened in paying expenses. Hard to get hold of manager, seemed, that they were always on meetings or holidays.

Pros

Food and travel expenses supposed to be paid

Cons

Shortage of staff

Entertaining

A typical day at work could be easily described as crazy as always something goes wrong, something has been over look on a client's rota and those error would come up in Service Planning. The phone is constantly ringing with questions from clients, employees with queries about their wage, the shifts or calling in sick. I can say that here you learn to be very tolerant, to just follow procedure regardless if you agree with it or not. The co-workers are all ages and personalities, some are very straight-forward and dynamic, some are very quiet. Even so, they are all helpful if you ask for anything. The hardest part of the job is working with people that are so different and react different to things, that are committed to the job or just constantly try to jungle around bookings.

Pros

Multicultural environment

Cons

Working with people

Not for me.

Clients are mostly great to work with, unfortunately the company expect you to work up to 80 hours per week and are not very understanding when you are not unable to work due to personal circumstances. Management care very much that there shifts are covered more than your health and wellbeing. Underpaid for the type of work that you undertake very medical job and can be very rewarding if you are lucky to get a job with set hours and are not expected to do more than what you are capable of. Lots of waking night shifts involved which is great if it suits your lifestyle, unfortunately if this does not suit you, you will still be expected to undertake these hours even if you advise that you do not want to. Would not recommend this company unfortunately. Good luck! The good parts about the company is that they do pay minimum wage for training and induction courses and if you are lucky, dependant on what contract you sign they do also pay for fuel expenses. You can be expected to travel all over the country though.

good

At my working place I have met many clients with different types of disability. I learned how to provide independent life for disable people.

Pros

Cons

most clients live far away from me

fun and informative workplace

I enjoy working for the company as I have learnt many new skills and gained further experiences, such as carrying out intermittent catheters and bowel care on a daily basis. my working hours vary depending on weather it is term time or school holidays, and I can work either a waking night shift, or a day shift. suring a day shift I am able to drive my client to carry out various activities, such as going shopping or to the theatre to see a show. I fins my work very enjoyable, however there currently is no opportunity to gain more responsibility and progress to a higher up role, such as care coordinator.

Pros

fun environment, able to travel to the theatre and on days out

Cons

no opportunity for career progression

Growing company

I worked for the company for a long time. If it wasn't for the person I looked after for 13 years, suddenly passing away, I would still be working for the company. Unfortunately there was no other service user ,within a certain distance, at that time. I loved working for the company,as they promote independent living with a holistic approach, which I find very important.

Pros

The rota/ shifts suited me. Have got the time to look after the service user 100%.

Cons

As the company was growing fast I felt that at times the view of the company was lost, I do understand that positive changes have been made.

Hard rewarding work

There was no typical day, every day was a challenge and different depending on client needs. I learnt that no matter how bad things are in your own life things can be far worse for others. Working as part of a care package was brilliant, the other team members were so supportive and worked well together gaining experience and knowledge from each other. The hardest part of the job is the reality that your clients are very ill and could disappear at any time. I enjoyed all aspects of the job with no exceptions, you always feel a sense of achievment

Cons

Long sometimes unsocial hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement