Complete Care

• Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

sometimes challenging

I worked with a lady with cerebral palsy i worked with her for a year. i wouldn't call it work it was like visiting a friend. unfortunately she died after 12 months. i had an opportunity to transfer to Whitley bay which i took, i worked for 4.5 years there i did enjoy it but it was 14hr shifts and an hour each way travel. i left in the end with depression, 14hrs was to much for me plus every month i would complain because my wages were not right. either no petrol money or no Tyne tunnel money.

Pros

friendly client and staff

Cons

very long days 16hr including travel

Great company

I’ve been working for complete care for around 5/6 years now. I started off not being able to drive and so was using public transport to get to clients, the management took this into consideration at all times and ensured there was a suitable way for me to get into work and home. I have since moved up in the company and now work with numerous clients in the area which I enjoy as it’s a chance to meet new people and learn more within my job role. The management are always available when needed and even keep their phones on past their working hours just in case you might need them. The pay is good and I’ve never had a problem with my pay being wrong. Training is always up to date and thorough. Overall I couldn’t fault the company!

Official response from Complete Care

5 December 2019
Thank you so much for leaving us some lovely comments. There's a lot of room for growth with us and working your way up to an 'Assigned' member of staff is one way to do that and shows how your skills are expanding. We do provide 24 hour support via our out of hours line, where you can speak to an Operations Manager or Clinical Nurse Specialist through the night. It's brilliant knowing you've had a positive experience with us!

Awful company

When I first started working with them it was lovely, staff and clients were looked after, they were sold four times since then, each new management style worse than the last. The pay was good, when you actually got it, mostly told we’ll pay you in the next pay period, which would not of been so bad if it was one shift, but when they owe you £800, it’s a bit much. In 14 months my pay was correct twice. New manager of rotas said that I would work where I was needed, despite not being trained to use the equipment, or familiar with the client, safety was an absolute joke, or non existent, who needs training? You’re available you have to go, they work on the theory, things should work out ok. The management avoids answering the phone or email and are not available after 16.58 as they finish work at 17.00, but it’s ok for out of hours to call you at 04.30 for a shift two days away. They are an absolute disgrace, best stay clear, it’s a shame there are some lovely staff and clients who deserve better.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Being ignored

Stay well away

The worst company ever !! Managers are a joke ! They have no clue what they are doing , you never get paid right , they withhold your payslips , keep hold of your holiday entitlement and underpay you , the only thing good about this company is the clients

Pros

The clients

Cons

The whole company

At lung cancer, I did my practicum during my college time, so it was 160 hours work for the whole practical..i learned more in hospital care..i enjoyed my days in lung center.

Pros

no free

Cons

Company had some financial problems and it has been sold.

Not much support was given by managers for the employees when it needed. Lots of errors happened in paying expenses. Hard to get hold of manager, seemed, that they were always on meetings or holidays.

Pros

Food and travel expenses supposed to be paid

Cons

Shortage of staff

Teerible mangement

This is by far the worst company i have ever worked for. Managers do no not care about staff it clients they don't return your calls you don't gwybpaid correcly. Shifts are cancelled on you and they don't let you know. This company cares about one thing only and that's the money over worked managers that cannot focus in what they need to appaling place to work

Pros

Non

Cons

Alot

happy co workers

I Enjoy working in this package but feel that there could be much more put in place to promote independent living. and feel outside parites i.e care professionals could work more closely to ensure this with the packages

fun and informative workplace

I enjoy working for the company as I have learnt many new skills and gained further experiences, such as carrying out intermittent catheters and bowel care on a daily basis. my working hours vary depending on weather it is term time or school holidays, and I can work either a waking night shift, or a day shift. suring a day shift I am able to drive my client to carry out various activities, such as going shopping or to the theatre to see a show. I fins my work very enjoyable, however there currently is no opportunity to gain more responsibility and progress to a higher up role, such as care coordinator.

Pros

fun environment, able to travel to the theatre and on days out

Cons

no opportunity for career progression

Worst company to work for

i transferred from the previous company with my client. Complete seemed the 'perfect' place to work for. There communication is terrible The management is terrible You never get correctly and now cos of changes you have to contact payroll via email which may I add very rarely get back to you Shifts get swapped and you have to rearrange your plans Understaffed No one cares about the staff or the client just as long as the company is getting the money Vile place to work for. I'm so glad iv got one shift left of my notice

Pros

Cons

everything

Working in care

Typically I would arrive to work for 7am to begin my 12 hour shift. My responsibilities include feeding the client, carrying out manual handling, personal care, taking care of a disabled client with a spinal injury, helping her to live an independent life. The job is rewarding in the sense that I am improving the clients lifestyle.

Great place to work, with pros and cons.

I have developed many skills to undertake my role and refreshed previous skills, to ensure quality of care is provided. These skills include: communication with learning disability clients their family and a multi-disciplinary team, manual handling, health and safety and risk assessments, personal hygiene care, pulse oximetry monitoring and recording, tracheostomy and ventilation care and suction, elimination and catheter care and management, medication administration, PEG feeding and medicatio stock check and replenishment, food hygiene, work place cleanliness, administration, team rota, clients finances and staff wages, and activity organisation. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a relationship with my client, as to which he then trusted me, whilst also ensuring he was always comfortable and happy by organising activities they liked. The hardest part of my job, was losing this client and having to grieve whilst also trying to find a new place of work. Which has led to my job not being as secure as I had imagined and also management less supportive than I had hoped.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Complete Care with

• Complete Care
  • Personal Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?