Complete Care

• Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Working in private house

My client was challenging behavior, but we did not get training for this. They dropped me into the deep water. Later I was okay with client, but the management was very poorly, do not listening. 16 months time 5 manager changed. Very unfair and low hour rate. Lots fun with client and with lovely little team. Sometime some unqualified worker. With this, the company made big risk the client life.

Pros

Good team, independent job

Cons

Very unprofessional management

Joke

I've worked for the company for over a year, even though the job is enjoyable and the hours and good. They constantly mess up pay, leaving you short on the hours worked. Then give excuses, blaming the system for making errors. If you ask for the money you've earned paid to you they overtax it. Unacceptable.

Official response from Complete Care

5 December 2019
We're so sorry to hear that you've had issues with your pay. If you'd like to get in touch with us we could have a chat and work to fix any problems you've faced. We do always look to make things right as swiftly as possible in these situations and would be open to feedback. Many thanks, Complete Care

Stay away

Worst care company you could ever work for, only interested in themselves not bothered about staff. Never listen to problems or request. Very stressful , nobody appreciate your good works. Company is full of liars and two faced people.

Brilliant work place

Frendly staff. exelent co-workers with medical university education in their foring country happy to help any time you need. Good evironment, friendly clientts

Not for me.

Clients are mostly great to work with, unfortunately the company expect you to work up to 80 hours per week and are not very understanding when you are not unable to work due to personal circumstances. Management care very much that there shifts are covered more than your health and wellbeing. Underpaid for the type of work that you undertake very medical job and can be very rewarding if you are lucky to get a job with set hours and are not expected to do more than what you are capable of. Lots of waking night shifts involved which is great if it suits your lifestyle, unfortunately if this does not suit you, you will still be expected to undertake these hours even if you advise that you do not want to. Would not recommend this company unfortunately. Good luck! The good parts about the company is that they do pay minimum wage for training and induction courses and if you are lucky, dependant on what contract you sign they do also pay for fuel expenses. You can be expected to travel all over the country though.

good

At my working place I have met many clients with different types of disability. I learned how to provide independent life for disable people.

Pros

Cons

most clients live far away from me

Appalling Handling Of Wages, Casual Blindness To Lack Of Care

I worked as a Personal Care Assistant for Complete, now owned by Mitie. In that time, of a total of 5 pay checks only 1 was correct; and always underpaid. This happened to pretty much all of the staff regularly, leading to "Check your payslips" becoming a running joke. Entire weeks of pay going missing is common. Attempting to contact Pay Queries is now done by email, which they have only answered for me once, and the suspicion is they deliberately avoid addressing missing wages until after the monthly calculation date to hold onto it for a further month; even if you get the figures corrected before the cut off date, they will only offer you a percentage, not the total, as an "advancement". The initial training was comprehensive, friendly and generous; however once in the actual position there was an atmosphere of outright hatred for the client, the very thing we'd just be trained to not tolerate. Some of this probably comes from just how taken advantage of the staff feels, but some of it was just to the abusive nature of individual employees. However the rot went upwards, and treating my client with disgust was considered to be acceptable; attempts to raise concerns about this just led to closing ranks, and eventual suspension on false claims. Needless to say this wasn't a very conducive atmosphere to learning the tasks required, which was my own personal failing. Promotion prospects are slim regardless though, pay low, and morale through the floor. Work patterns were rotating shifts, although there were attempts to tailor them to your personal needs; it depends -

Pros

Initial training is handled well

Cons

Toxic culture both at work and how they treat staff

Hard rewarding work

There was no typical day, every day was a challenge and different depending on client needs. I learnt that no matter how bad things are in your own life things can be far worse for others. Working as part of a care package was brilliant, the other team members were so supportive and worked well together gaining experience and knowledge from each other. The hardest part of the job is the reality that your clients are very ill and could disappear at any time. I enjoyed all aspects of the job with no exceptions, you always feel a sense of achievment

Cons

Long sometimes unsocial hours

Jobs at Complete Care