Complete Care

• Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Challenging but rewarding job

Must care passionately about the job at hand good company to work for.rota done a week in advance. Good rate of pay and mileage allowance for drivers

Pros

Local area

Cons

Long hours split shifts

Not a good company to work for.

No support from higher management. No salary increase. Low pay rate comparing to other complex packages in the area. Due to having complex patients no nurse around that you can get support from. No recruitment skills.

Pros

Not having managers and nurses around. Good client families.

Cons

No lunch breaks. Being forced to work 24h shift .

Fun place to work was ruined when most of original staff left

Original staff before 2015 were fab really cared but then it was brought for a very low price of £1 I think as it had lots of debt. Since then the company hasn't been the same shame really.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, no benefits

sometimes challenging

I worked with a lady with cerebral palsy i worked with her for a year. i wouldn't call it work it was like visiting a friend. unfortunately she died after 12 months. i had an opportunity to transfer to Whitley bay which i took, i worked for 4.5 years there i did enjoy it but it was 14hr shifts and an hour each way travel. i left in the end with depression, 14hrs was to much for me plus every month i would complain because my wages were not right. either no petrol money or no Tyne tunnel money.

Pros

friendly client and staff

Cons

very long days 16hr including travel

good place to work and brilliant training opportunities

overall a brilliant place to work, had to travel a fair distance in order to complete initial training, however all expenses were fully paid for and training completed at the end.

Official response from Complete Care

15 October 2020
Thank you for your review and for the fantastic work you did for your client. I can see you've stated that you are a former employee so please visit our website for any suitable vacancies in and around you area if you wish to return as it would be great to have you back onboard. Keep well and stay safe

Joke

I've worked for the company for over a year, even though the job is enjoyable and the hours and good. They constantly mess up pay, leaving you short on the hours worked. Then give excuses, blaming the system for making errors. If you ask for the money you've earned paid to you they overtax it. Unacceptable.

Official response from Complete Care

5 December 2019
We're so sorry to hear that you've had issues with your pay. If you'd like to get in touch with us we could have a chat and work to fix any problems you've faced. We do always look to make things right as swiftly as possible in these situations and would be open to feedback. Many thanks, Complete Care

Avoid!

Worst company I have ever had to work with. Lack of support, no induction programme, barely spoken to, full time hours turn into 80+ hrs a week, no appreciation, no job security people are ‘sacked’ daily but made out it was their choice to leave, if your face don’t fit your gone & you should never give your opinion else you will be shown the door. Senior management changes on a daily basis & everyone is sold a job which never exists. Favourites in the office do very little work on a daily basis and get away with it yet people that are working double their hours are scrutinised on a daily basis. Doesn’t matter how long you’ve worked there if they suddenly don’t like you, your gone! Pay is poor, no benefits, no development, no training, no sick pay, no support what so ever!

Pros

Car parking

Cons

No support, long hours, no security

At lung cancer, I did my practicum during my college time, so it was 160 hours work for the whole practical..i learned more in hospital care..i enjoyed my days in lung center.

Pros

no free

Hectic and Busy

Interesting place to work but you certainly need your wits about you and have to be a very patient person and be able to think on your feet. You only get 3 days shadow shifts and then expected to go live. If you feel you require extra shadow shifts you can ask for them

Pros

Travel time paid

Cons

Weekly hours are based on a per house basis so 41 hours can actually be 60 hours

Company had some financial problems and it has been sold.

Not much support was given by managers for the employees when it needed. Lots of errors happened in paying expenses. Hard to get hold of manager, seemed, that they were always on meetings or holidays.

Pros

Food and travel expenses supposed to be paid

Cons

Shortage of staff

Tiring

working for this company is tiring as you are expected to travel in various places at different times even although this is apart of the job it was costing too much as they say you are only in one area this is untrue, it was lovely giving the care required but you were not guaranteed your hours as they went to certain members of staff no training given I already had my own so at times you was doing a lot of the work !

Pros

hours of breaks in between

Cons

travelling expenses

Bad company to work for

Worked for the company for over 4 months and never been paid right.Expect to work 16+ hours a day sometimes with little opportunity to get a break. Poor support from management who seem disinterested and central office who are the same . Don't bother and look elsewhere it's not a good company.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. erratic pay .poor management

ignore complaints or requests

terrible company, hours fluctuate like a metronome. inconsistent, ignored complaints and requests. three and four hour gaps, don't stick to your contracted hours.

Not for me.

Clients are mostly great to work with, unfortunately the company expect you to work up to 80 hours per week and are not very understanding when you are not unable to work due to personal circumstances. Management care very much that there shifts are covered more than your health and wellbeing. Underpaid for the type of work that you undertake very medical job and can be very rewarding if you are lucky to get a job with set hours and are not expected to do more than what you are capable of. Lots of waking night shifts involved which is great if it suits your lifestyle, unfortunately if this does not suit you, you will still be expected to undertake these hours even if you advise that you do not want to. Would not recommend this company unfortunately. Good luck! The good parts about the company is that they do pay minimum wage for training and induction courses and if you are lucky, dependant on what contract you sign they do also pay for fuel expenses. You can be expected to travel all over the country though.

Appalling Handling Of Wages, Casual Blindness To Lack Of Care

I worked as a Personal Care Assistant for Complete, now owned by Mitie. In that time, of a total of 5 pay checks only 1 was correct; and always underpaid. This happened to pretty much all of the staff regularly, leading to "Check your payslips" becoming a running joke. Entire weeks of pay going missing is common. Attempting to contact Pay Queries is now done by email, which they have only answered for me once, and the suspicion is they deliberately avoid addressing missing wages until after the monthly calculation date to hold onto it for a further month; even if you get the figures corrected before the cut off date, they will only offer you a percentage, not the total, as an "advancement". The initial training was comprehensive, friendly and generous; however once in the actual position there was an atmosphere of outright hatred for the client, the very thing we'd just be trained to not tolerate. Some of this probably comes from just how taken advantage of the staff feels, but some of it was just to the abusive nature of individual employees. However the rot went upwards, and treating my client with disgust was considered to be acceptable; attempts to raise concerns about this just led to closing ranks, and eventual suspension on false claims. Needless to say this wasn't a very conducive atmosphere to learning the tasks required, which was my own personal failing. Promotion prospects are slim regardless though, pay low, and morale through the floor. Work patterns were rotating shifts, although there were attempts to tailor them to your personal needs; it depends -

Pros

Initial training is handled well

Cons

Toxic culture both at work and how they treat staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement