Computershare

Computershare Employee Reviews

Coaching individuals as well groups Calls listening and providing feedback Interaction with different stake holders Providing feedback to other departments
Pros
Enjoyed the coaching size and developing mortgage advisers
Cons
Development opportunities
I was excited to begin this job having recently graduated. The job appeared to be an amazing opportunity to use my skills, as well as gain experience working for a stocks and shares company and in giving excellent customer service. The actual work I had to do was fairly engaging and sometimes could be quite rewarding. However a miriad of technical issues and failures of management meant that the job was gruellingly stressful. The company provides an appalling service to it's customers and the job primarily consists of apologising to customers who are owed large sums on money by the company that they haven't received. The management is mostly incompetent and customer as well as employee enquiries go unanswered. You are often left to your own devices to deal with queries which you are not trained to deal with. This inevitably leads to a backlog of unsolved customer queries which further prevents agents from dealing with queries they can solve. Aditionally the company seems incapable of solving reoccurring tech issues which prevent systems from working which means you are not able to help people over the phone. Working for computershare is not a very friendly experience and the company has withheld annual leave from a number of employees meaning most low level employees were denied any time off over Christmas. The incompetence of management seems to mostly stem from the company being massively understaffed. Everyone at this firm is hard working but unfortunately the company is not actually capable of delivering any of its promises to customers or its employees
Pros
Work from home possible
Cons
See entirety of description
Computershare is a very professional place to work. The staff are very friendly and there is always an opportunity to gain more skills through training courses as well as applying for internal jobs.
Managers are useless as they do not know the products and only there to manager the team. The less the managers do the better they get on. Early shifts and late finishes but no Sunday work unless overtime. No work life balance as if you don’t do the hours you are given then there’s the door.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Unfair pay scales
Nice place to work but the wage you get doesn't match the effort you put on your work some companies paid more for the same amount of work, and that doesn't match the cost of living in Bristol.
Pros
Bus
Cons
Low wage
Stressful call-centre dealing with predatory mortgage lenders and their exploited customers. Focus on stats with no investment in development or training - just taking as many calls as possible for the greedy monsters. If you need a job for a month do the training and leave immediately.
Pros
Great motivation to study and try to get a real job.
Cons
Stressful. Bad impact on society.
good environment.great to work-friendly and a lot of things can learn. every day is challenging. A great opportunity to work there. awesome. definitely
I learnt a lot working at Computershare. But talk about the job spec saying they are looking for future leaders isn’t true. Lack of diversity at a senior level is predictably boring and left me uninspired and not respecting senior execs. Great CEO but too distant to see underlying issues.
Pros
Good team of people to work with
Cons
Location, lack of diversity ( despite the hype ) uninspiring
Learned more about Customer Service as I returned back to Work after quite a while off and not Working, Also staff were very good and friendly but quite fast paced and Busy. Took a lot off Calls as it was quite a Busy project I was Working On.
Pros
Good Canteen.
Cons
Quite Long hrs.
I really enjoyed my journey with computershare. Best place I worked in! Understanding managament, helpfull people and no pressure with getting the job done.
Awful place to work, only started working here as I needed a job ASAP and this company seemed easy enough to walk through the door and start working.. started with a group of around 15 and by the end of training there was 4 people left 😂😂 they don’t care about the customer on the phone they only care about hitting stats, management is awful don’t care about your health and well being at all. Literally the worst call centre I’ve ever worked in in my life!!
Friendly atmosphere with lots of highly knowledgable colleagues who are willing to help. The Business Change function is well established and projects follow a formal delivery path.
Management with zero people skills, awkward and unfriendly. would record if you were 1 minute late and make you work the time back, and still expect you to give up personal time during busy periods.
Really good work/life balance. Bonus structure lucrative. Share plan excellent. Employee benefits package as a whole is fantastic. Overall really well looked after within Computershare, Management approachable and always took ideas into consideration.
The interview process is an old fashioned 1 on 1 interview with no competency based questions or practical tests. It's very much a "if your face fits" kind of company. Luckily for me, mine did for a while. The computers and equipment came in with the arc. The management are uncaring at best, bullies at worst.
Firstly, you must understand that Computershare is a debt collection business. The fancy title of Credit Management Consultant translates to call centre debt collector. This was something that is certainly kept ambiguous throughout the recruitment process, your job will entail calling and receiving calls from people who are by and large encountering financial difficulty and your job is to get money from them. Not exactly an enjoyable job any means. After you have been accepted, you will undertake a few weeks training in which you are expected to know the ins and outs of mortgages, phone etiquette, the software used, and how to deal with people. To expect people with no prior education or experience regarding mortgages to then after 3 or 4 weeks begin to start interacting with people regarding the topic is unbelievable. There is a serious element of negligence here, there are serious repercussions for those affected by the mistakes of Computershare but the company is complacent with the training. On the topic of mistakes there are plenty made and frequently, people's credit scores are constantly affected through no fault of their own and receive little more than a "Sorry" from Computershare. Probably the most upsetting aspect however is the disregard for those that call. Many people who call are in extremely difficult circumstances and are understandably encountering difficulty as a result, whilst their circumstances are recorded and documented the objective remains the same. Get money from them. A lot of the callers are obviously experiencing some degree - more...
Hard work ,no progression and low pay , good as a starting role but move on when you have done your time - and look for a better paying company . It is a relaxed company so use it like
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Pay
The job application and interview was unclear on the nature of the job. It isnt an advisory job its debt collection which is not mentioned at any point
Worked as a customer service representative at Computershare, which was an entry level call-centre position. Worked for the DPS branch of Computershare fielding angry calls from landlords, letting agents and their tenants about their deposits, which are required by government to be secured in a deposit protection scheme. Management is very focused on productivity/efficiency and taking personal time to deflate between stressful calls is discouraged. It seems possible to advance within the company as long as you have friends there, but it's difficult to get to know your colleagues, as you are expected to be on the phones 8 hours a day.
On my first day I was told not to upset anyone otherwise that would set the pattern for my experience there. How welcoming. The Bristol office has a very local feel to it, where the culture is essentially non existent. Of course there are some nice characters there but I found that I was treated with suspicion and contempt from the outset as I was clearly an outsider. That said, there are many warm hearted and hard working individuals there but the management team are quite 1990s with their approaches to people. It's a fairly typical, old school vibe where the managers have been there for years and everyone has far too much volume of work to possibly consider quality. A volume business that chases profit.
I really enjoyed the people who work there and that’s why I stayed for as long as I did but any other aspect I hated. They introduced a new contract ‘40 hours’ you would assume it was 40 hours per week but it’s actually 160 hours over the month so some weeks you could actually be working 50 odd hours, so the possibility of 3-4 12 hour shifts off the belt is quite high and you do not get extra days off. They have also introduced the new job role of ‘End to End Process’ where you are called a ‘Collections Consultant’ this job is an actual joke. There is a huge diversity in pay within colleagues, so you would be working the same job as someone else classed as the same band and there is a high chance they could be earning £10-15,000 more than what you earn. Management try to act more like your friend and there is a massive issue with rules being bent depending on the individual. If you’re manager likes you then there is a high chance you will get ‘special treatment’. Lastly, if you ever find yourself in a difficult time within home or in work you will receive no extra support for this and you will be expected to do the job no matter what, as that’s all that management care about. I would highly not recommend working here.
  1. Employee reviews