Concorde International

Concorde International Employee Reviews

fairly relaxed and and flexible work place

company has been going for 47 years , welcomed international students from all over the world. It has been a pleasure to help and guide students and clients. Taking telephone calls and face to face enquiries. Assisting the directors and teachers with administrative tasks. There would sometimes be a language barrier with some students having very little English.

Pros

Great location in ciry centre

Cons

No job securty

Great Atmosphere

Great team who work together for the best of the students. Fast paced environment but very enjoyable. great opportunity to save money i.e. students, travellers

The best ESL company I have ever worked for.

I have been in this business a long time, and worked for a lot of different companies, both in the UK and abroad, and can honestly say that Concorde, for many reasons, has become my second home. Yes, the work is hard- but as with any job you get out of it what you put in. The one thing which, in my opinion, distinguishes Concorde from other at-first-glance similar operations is how much you are supported by the management teams, both in the off site summer schools, and from head office. It is no coincidence that during the summer months so many temporary members of staff return year after year- but, more importantly still, so many clients do. I doubt I will ever look elsewhere for a job in this field.

Fun and fast paced

Love working here every summer. You meet really interesting and surprising people and work collaboratively. The kids are generally very relaxed and interested. It's not really a place about career advancement so there isn't a horribly competitive edge.

A great company to work for.

Concorde International is a super company to work for - a great team and support all round. I have thoroughly enjoyed working there, over the years and the management is wholly supportive.

fun and homely environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my time within this company, I learnt about new cultures. Working on excursions gave me a good understanding of different cities within the UK such as Bath, London and Nottingham. The work environment was amazing, everyone got along and the management were quick to resolve any issues that may have occurred. If given the chance I will return to work with this country.

All work and no play

Summer school was very hard but I worked very hard and they promised me more work afterwards which didn't materialise so I wasted a lot of time because I thought I was going to get further work which they promised me and so ended up in a bad situation. I also did not like their insistence that you "team teach" which means you are supposed to do your planning with another teacher,,, it's one thing to liase with another teacher, quite another to actually have to plan with them, which wasn't necessary as we did teach our lessons separately, all we actually needed was to decide what each other was doing, so there were no crossovers, planning with another person is counter productive, especially if you are the sort of person who works better in quiet, alone, after all you take the class alone, there wasn't a BENEFIT to doing it this way but I used to get told off for not sitting through the whole planning session with another teacher... honestly! The other teachers didn't want to do it either it makes no sense. Some of the kids were extremely badly behaved and Concorde's sympathies were with the rude kids not the poor beleaguered teachers which I found a very poor show.

Pros

Quite a fun experience. Pay is ok

Cons

all I've said above.

Fun work place, great place to learn and meet people

Planning trips and ensuring activities were planned and delivered to the best standards possible, for the kids enjoyment. time management and working without supervision was a desirable trait for this job. really good job

Challenging team oriented environment

No two days are really alike. Typically you organise and take part in activities and excursions with the children. We supervise the children during free time and activities. We assist teachers and management on a daily basis. First aiders will deal with minor injuries. If you speak the same language as a client, you'll most likely be utilised to help them in one way or another as I have many times. This may include face to face, making calls or writing emails. I learned the attitude of stubborn goals flexible methods. That is to say that many obstacles may come your way in the course of a day but it is important to remember the bigger picture and strive to complete the tasks that you have been set. I thoroughly enjoy working with children, teaching them new sports and activities and learning about their countries and cultures. Similarly our team is culturally diverse, and given the residential nature of the job and emphasis on teamwork it's not only nice but important that you get to know one another well. Especially over a pint after a long day. In my experience this job attracts the nicest, most competent and interesting people from all walks of life. It's the perfect summer job.

Pros

Good wages, flexible shifts.

Cons

Mentally and physically challenging

Summers can get busy

Busy multicultural environment. Possibilities to grow and learn new skills. Helpful co-workers. Active out of office social life.

A good place to start!

Working for Concorde International LTD you find yourself learning as well as teaching. Its multi-cultural staff work as a team to offer the best, fun-filled teaching and activities you will find in any summer school. Most days you teach in the mornings (unless there is an excursion) and take part in activities in the afternoons and evenings. The management are supportive, understanding and flexible as well as friendly and proffessional. I enjoy every part of working as a member of the Concorde 'family' and if there is a hardest part...its having to leave at the end of the summer.

Pros

great team work, supportive management, free lunches.

Cons

changes to curriculum due to student intake

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concorde International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4