Condover College

Condover College Employee Reviews

Fake

Salary and benefits do not reflect your actual work, and no set levels to ensure fairness amongst staff. Management lie their way out of situations to make themselves look better. Company expect too much out of you and want you to be flexible with working hours when it suits them. Given Great information at the start of employment but it doesn’t turn out to be truthful. More thought and effort needs to be put into following own policies rather than picking fault with staff trying to do a good job on a daily basis.

Outstanding and person centred care and excellent partnership working

I have been an employee at the company for a number of years and i have progressed with my own personal development and they have a robust recruitment and induction training programme .. Its been a tough year during Covid and have had excellent support from management to guide us and support staff during this uncertain time to ensure the young people we support are safe… Nothing is too much trouble and if you need support management of the homes and senior management have an open door policy .. Everyone has moans and groans in all all jobs but if people stop moaning and work as a team it makes everyone happier… Feeling very honoured to be part of a outstanding company and look forward to a postive and brighter future. Homes are personal to the people that live here and the quality of accommodation is excellent staff are fantastic and guys are great ..

Pros

Appraisal system annually, good stable management team, free gym membership, supportive during Covid 19

If your in a click your fine

Very Clicky atmosphere from upper management who are more concerned with how their friends who are managers of the houses are than any of the support staff they employ . They say they care for their staff when in fact majority of their staff who have been their ten years or more get overlooked for promotions when they are deserving of them . The day centre manager is lovely but yet suffers from upper management not allowing them to have their own team which leads to other support staff from Condovers other schemes to be supplied to day centre . Which causes tension and can lead to staff feeling overwhelmed stressed and not appreciated by upper management who yet again are trying to dig themselves out of a hole they created leaving their support staff who they supposedly highly respect getting them out of short staffing issues

Pros

Free lunches . Learners and residents smiling

Cons

Long hours . Under appreciated staff . Short staffing ratios . Poor upper management

Productive and Enjoyable workplace

A really positive, fun and encouraging workplace. The management team are amazing - always willing to help and go the extra mile for both employees and the learners. Always so much to look forward to throughout the year. Would recommend Condover College to everyone.

Pros

Gym Membership, Counselling, Physiotherapy

If your face fits

Vile upper management.. Majority of carers in houses are great and go above and beyond, but unless your face fits are not appricated . The company as a whole is awful. would never put my children there.. All about the money..

Great Place to Work

Great place to work. The team all help each other and the management are very hands on, willing to help with anything. No one is afraid of hardwork and it's a friendly environment. I have been here 4 months now and I love it! It's great to know you are making a difference to other people's lives.

Pros

Gym membership, free counselling and physiotherapy, and fantastic pension!

Friendly team with supportive management. Free gym membership is fab and lots of events to look forward to during the year. Lots of job roles within the company which makes work fun and interesting, a lot to be learnt.

Pros

Free gym membership, Good pension scheme, Friendly Team, Amazing residents

Cons

Large distance between schemes

Awful awful, avoid at all costs

Poor management with bad attitudes, poorly trained staff (they will literally employ anybody, regardless of experience)Diabolical pay rates and unrealistic expectations when on shift regarding the work. Whole place is very clicky, if your face fits you'll be fine though. Institutionalisation at its finest, feel really sorry for the residents as they are just numbers. A previous post said that all looks good on the cover, the company do their best to look great on palaerwork but behind the scenes it is awful. I would not want one of my relatives to be cared for by this company.If you are desperate for money and want to work long hours whilst being treated like a mug then this job would be right up your street

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

Outstanding Company

This is the best care company I have ever worked for and in particular when times are hard during the covid pandemic the company have done everything to keep the residents well and save.. Staff have felt supported and valued from the management downwards . Training and induction is exceptional and great perks on offer including free gym Membership and pension scheme . Great place to work in and progress within your care role

Pros

Good staff training programme and postive ethos and culture and good leadership

Cons

Toxic environment with poorly trained staff

The worst job you could ever have.Vile upper management clicks. Lazy staff ! Behind with the times and stuck in the dark ages. No cleaning products used in houses! Dirty and not fit for purpose.

Pros

Cons

Horrible place to work.

Jobs at Condover College

See more jobs

Not worth it

Day to day life is stressful, I don’t feel the pay reflects the work I put into my job - this seems to be a general consensus amongst other staff. Unless you’re in management that is! They give the minimum they can to the people keeping the business going. Calling into head office is ridiculous and woman is snotty and rude on the phone every time.

Shocking

Shocking place to work, poor pay, no benefits, overworked rundown unskilled staff. Head of care was disgraceful, unfair and couldn’t run a bath never mind a care service.

Wow.

Staff and learners are just brilliant. The team work with your colleagues is amazing.The way it's ran as a company and from management I just can't say anything positive about that. I wouldnt send aRelative there ever!

Pros

Staff and learners

Cons

Everything else

Company

Condover college is a alright place to work they expect to much out of you there is no work life balance the pay is reasonable but not brilliant should get paid more for that me we do.

Good working environment

It was a lovely environment to work for, the management was supportive. There are different activities and new things to introduce to the clients. One of the most enjoyable part is touching peoples lives and helping them out in their daily activities, you can see there growth and enhance new skills and it is actually rewarding.

Very poorly run company

Management rude unhelpful and use threatening bullying tactics disgraceful poor staffing conditions faulty vehicles old unreliable, treated poorly expendable if you didn’t creep or suck up to management...

Pros

Cons

Long hours very poorly paid

Teaching

I only taught there one afternoon a week - enthusiastic students. A small group, with excellent attendance. Head of school was supportive and accommodated any of my requests.

Pros

Transport costs paid

Cons

Room not ideal

Not all that glitters is gold

Organization looks great on the outside, sadly the truth is - tired, underpaid staff, the people with disabilities treated like numbers, not really dignified to treat everyone the same but I suppose when you have large numbers of people to provide care for, it brings in the funding for paying the people up above. All about the money.

Pros

Big business, lots of hours availible.

Cons

People not treated as individuals or with respect.

Support and Mentoring

CCL have been nothing but supportive in allowing me to develop as an individual and progress in my career to where I want to be. If you are will to work hard and gain knowledge they will give you the opportunity.

Don't. Just don't bother. Get yourself a proper job with a proper employer.

Don't bother with CCL, they really are the worst employers in Shropshire and are well known to the local citizens advice bureau. Management is poor and you are out of you have an opinion other than theirs. This ethos is rife right to the board of directors. Poor wages, phone calls when you are not on shift and a general it's us and them attitude.

Cons

Stinking management attitude.

Probably the best company I have worked for

Working with the young people is great. The training and support from management is excellent you couldn't ask for anything better. The employment benefits are good the management really care about the staff team there is even free gym membership. Yes the work is hard but you get out what you put in - that is care work! I have learnt a lot over the years I have worked there and wouldn't want to do anything else . A great job

Pros

The guys, the staff team, training and management

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condover College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Condover College with

Condover College Reviews by Location

• Condover College
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?