Condover College

Condover College Culture reviews

Clear

Rewarding job but with management challenges

Very rewarding job having positive impact directly to learners and seeing them grow and flourish through registered managers role. Pay is well below standard and results in high staff turnover and burnout . But positive steps put into place adressing this with some extra support being put into place. Work life balance off, due to unpaid on calls expected to be taken by registered managers and frequently contacted out of hours on non essentially things plus alot of changes to rota and unscheduled sleep rota system . Management approachable but not willing to make changes quickly or review system to a mutual beneficial outcome. Overall a good place to grow and progress within but wages needs improvement and company needs to better understand the need for a better work life balance .

Pros

Direct positive influence . Progression witin rapid. Learner focussed culture. Staff turnover

Cons

Unrotaed sleep system, Sub par wages and work benefits, Unproductive managment response to issue and dealing with concerns

Outstanding and person centred care and excellent partnership working

I have been an employee at the company for a number of years and i have progressed with my own personal development and they have a robust recruitment and induction training programme .. Its been a tough year during Covid and have had excellent support from management to guide us and support staff during this uncertain time to ensure the young people we support are safe… Nothing is too much trouble and if you need support management of the homes and senior management have an open door policy .. Everyone has moans and groans in all all jobs but if people stop moaning and work as a team it makes everyone happier… Feeling very honoured to be part of a outstanding company and look forward to a postive and brighter future. Homes are personal to the people that live here and the quality of accommodation is excellent staff are fantastic and guys are great ..

Pros

Appraisal system annually, good stable management team, free gym membership, supportive during Covid 19

Productive and Enjoyable workplace

A really positive, fun and encouraging workplace. The management team are amazing - always willing to help and go the extra mile for both employees and the learners. Always so much to look forward to throughout the year. Would recommend Condover College to everyone.

Pros

Gym Membership, Counselling, Physiotherapy

Great Place to Work

Great place to work. The team all help each other and the management are very hands on, willing to help with anything. No one is afraid of hardwork and it's a friendly environment. I have been here 4 months now and I love it! It's great to know you are making a difference to other people's lives.

Pros

Gym membership, free counselling and physiotherapy, and fantastic pension!

Friendly team with supportive management. Free gym membership is fab and lots of events to look forward to during the year. Lots of job roles within the company which makes work fun and interesting, a lot to be learnt.

Pros

Free gym membership, Good pension scheme, Friendly Team, Amazing residents

Cons

Large distance between schemes

Outstanding Company

This is the best care company I have ever worked for and in particular when times are hard during the covid pandemic the company have done everything to keep the residents well and save.. Staff have felt supported and valued from the management downwards . Training and induction is exceptional and great perks on offer including free gym Membership and pension scheme . Great place to work in and progress within your care role

Pros

Good staff training programme and postive ethos and culture and good leadership

Wow.

Staff and learners are just brilliant. The team work with your colleagues is amazing.The way it's ran as a company and from management I just can't say anything positive about that. I wouldnt send aRelative there ever!

Pros

Staff and learners

Cons

Everything else

Probably the best company I have worked for

Working with the young people is great. The training and support from management is excellent you couldn't ask for anything better. The employment benefits are good the management really care about the staff team there is even free gym membership. Yes the work is hard but you get out what you put in - that is care work! I have learnt a lot over the years I have worked there and wouldn't want to do anything else . A great job

Pros

The guys, the staff team, training and management

Perfect job

I started as a support worker and have promoted to lead support. The training is second to none. The management are very supportive and their door is always open. I have always felt very supported and I work with wonderful colleagues and the people I support are just fab. It is a hard job and can be stressful but the rewards make it all worth it

what a team!

The team at condover college make coming to work a joy, no matter who you are you feel supported. Supporting people with PMLD is hard work but when you see the dedication and enthusiasm from the staff here you can't help but smile. There is always an opportunity to share your views and opinions and you feel these are listened to. The company offers great career progression and has a great "grow your own" scheme, training up great tutors and fantastic lead LSAs.

Pros

Staff team/learners

Cons

Work life balance

Jobs at Condover College

See more jobs

Supportive team and amazing students

As a recent employee at Condover College, I have found the entire staff team supportive and caring. The stresses that are inevitable in this form of work are shared and no one is ever left feeilng that they are alone. The common goal is to provide our learners with the best possible experience and to provide them with choice and opportunities that may be denied them elsewhere. The students are the key and although there may be pressure and stressful moments the team work as one to ensure their comfort, enjoyment and learning. I have worked across a wide range of educational facilities and find the atmosphere and support here to be of the highest quality.

Pros

Amazing staff team

Cons

May need to think outside of box

great place to work

Grafton is a lovely place to work, the students are amazing people and work hard at developing their skills and the staff team are supportive, happy and great to work with, i have worked for nearly 2 years at grafton and it is a very rewarding busy job with great benefits for me as a mum with small children, it fits in well with my life and allows me to be a mum and do a job that i love.

Pros

hours

enhancing

The residents we support are lovely so much that one gets the ego to go and work.The support workers work as a team which is quite inspiring.The residents we support are given the chance to choose and feel included in all disciplines.Staff are given comprehensive training time and again

Pros

free lunches

Cons

less support for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condover College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8