Condover College

Condover College Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.1Job security & advancement

Start with so much potential and end with bullying and poor management

When I started working for CCL the whole ethos was around supportive management, family atmosphere and progression. Whilst the 'grow your own' is certainly a plus, the rest of the organisation gives little to be desired. Family members and those in with management see themselves jumping up the ladder quickly and perform terribly. Communication is appalling. The NAPPI (defence training) allows the company to discipline and sack those that raise concerns or believe the system to be flawed. Its such a shame that this company appears to help fledgling careers and then boots them out as soon as they are questioned in any way. No transparency, no care, no support.

If your in a click your fine

Very Clicky atmosphere from upper management who are more concerned with how their friends who are managers of the houses are than any of the support staff they employ . They say they care for their staff when in fact majority of their staff who have been their ten years or more get overlooked for promotions when they are deserving of them . The day centre manager is lovely but yet suffers from upper management not allowing them to have their own team which leads to other support staff from Condovers other schemes to be supplied to day centre . Which causes tension and can lead to staff feeling overwhelmed stressed and not appreciated by upper management who yet again are trying to dig themselves out of a hole they created leaving their support staff who they supposedly highly respect getting them out of short staffing issues

Pros

Free lunches . Learners and residents smiling

Cons

Long hours . Under appreciated staff . Short staffing ratios . Poor upper management

Support and Mentoring

CCL have been nothing but supportive in allowing me to develop as an individual and progress in my career to where I want to be. If you are will to work hard and gain knowledge they will give you the opportunity.

Don’t even think about applying

Lovely service users and supportive staff. Management are awful and treat you like dirt. Very short staff and staff are push to there limits. Tensions raise in houses as everyone is stressed. Parents are lied too about their children’s care and activities. Weekend should be fun and exciting not spending all weekend In front of tv with minimum staff. Very long hours and no support. I would never send my children there.

Pros

Hard working staff and service users

Cons

Management and lack of support. Bullying from management

Unsupportive

Different job role to what you’ve been offered, no support, no career or development, unprofessional management, rude staff members, no flexibility on working hours, management always lay blame elsewhere

Fun to work place

I learned everything at condover they gave me a lot of training witch gave me experience. I enjoyed working with the team I also enjoying going on the days out. Hardest bit of the job was leaving

Pros

Free lunch

Simply the best

From leaving a secure job 4 years ago for a whim at a new career. I have been able to go from strength to strength with the support of the management, my colleagues and the young people with whom i support. I am one of CCL's grow your own!! Going from an LSA to a personal tutor! The moment my CCL journey began I was made to feel welcome, with it being made clear that the students/ residents are the number 1 priority. This support and kindness has continued Some days it's hard but who can say that they have a job with zero stress?? The team I work with is second to none and I enjoy going to work each and every day!!

Pros

Staff team, support and students

Cons

Stress, take work home (perks of the teacher life)

what a team!

The team at condover college make coming to work a joy, no matter who you are you feel supported. Supporting people with PMLD is hard work but when you see the dedication and enthusiasm from the staff here you can't help but smile. There is always an opportunity to share your views and opinions and you feel these are listened to. The company offers great career progression and has a great "grow your own" scheme, training up great tutors and fantastic lead LSAs.

Pros

Staff team/learners

Cons

Work life balance

Jobs at Condover College