Condover College

Condover College Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Company

Condover college is a alright place to work they expect to much out of you there is no work life balance the pay is reasonable but not brilliant should get paid more for that me we do.

Outstanding and person centred care and excellent partnership working

I have been an employee at the company for a number of years and i have progressed with my own personal development and they have a robust recruitment and induction training programme .. Its been a tough year during Covid and have had excellent support from management to guide us and support staff during this uncertain time to ensure the young people we support are safe… Nothing is too much trouble and if you need support management of the homes and senior management have an open door policy .. Everyone has moans and groans in all all jobs but if people stop moaning and work as a team it makes everyone happier… Feeling very honoured to be part of a outstanding company and look forward to a postive and brighter future. Homes are personal to the people that live here and the quality of accommodation is excellent staff are fantastic and guys are great ..

Pros

Appraisal system annually, good stable management team, free gym membership, supportive during Covid 19

If your in a click your fine

Very Clicky atmosphere from upper management who are more concerned with how their friends who are managers of the houses are than any of the support staff they employ . They say they care for their staff when in fact majority of their staff who have been their ten years or more get overlooked for promotions when they are deserving of them . The day centre manager is lovely but yet suffers from upper management not allowing them to have their own team which leads to other support staff from Condovers other schemes to be supplied to day centre . Which causes tension and can lead to staff feeling overwhelmed stressed and not appreciated by upper management who yet again are trying to dig themselves out of a hole they created leaving their support staff who they supposedly highly respect getting them out of short staffing issues

Pros

Free lunches . Learners and residents smiling

Cons

Long hours . Under appreciated staff . Short staffing ratios . Poor upper management

Awful awful, avoid at all costs

Poor management with bad attitudes, poorly trained staff (they will literally employ anybody, regardless of experience)Diabolical pay rates and unrealistic expectations when on shift regarding the work. Whole place is very clicky, if your face fits you'll be fine though. Institutionalisation at its finest, feel really sorry for the residents as they are just numbers. A previous post said that all looks good on the cover, the company do their best to look great on palaerwork but behind the scenes it is awful. I would not want one of my relatives to be cared for by this company.If you are desperate for money and want to work long hours whilst being treated like a mug then this job would be right up your street

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

Outstanding Company

This is the best care company I have ever worked for and in particular when times are hard during the covid pandemic the company have done everything to keep the residents well and save.. Staff have felt supported and valued from the management downwards . Training and induction is exceptional and great perks on offer including free gym Membership and pension scheme . Great place to work in and progress within your care role

Pros

Good staff training programme and postive ethos and culture and good leadership

Very poorly run company

Management rude unhelpful and use threatening bullying tactics disgraceful poor staffing conditions faulty vehicles old unreliable, treated poorly expendable if you didn’t creep or suck up to management...

Pros

Cons

Long hours very poorly paid

Support and Mentoring

CCL have been nothing but supportive in allowing me to develop as an individual and progress in my career to where I want to be. If you are will to work hard and gain knowledge they will give you the opportunity.

Rewarding job but with management challenges

Very rewarding job having positive impact directly to learners and seeing them grow and flourish through registered managers role. Pay is well below standard and results in high staff turnover and burnout . But positive steps put into place adressing this with some extra support being put into place. Work life balance off, due to unpaid on calls expected to be taken by registered managers and frequently contacted out of hours on non essentially things plus alot of changes to rota and unscheduled sleep rota system . Management approachable but not willing to make changes quickly or review system to a mutual beneficial outcome. Overall a good place to grow and progress within but wages needs improvement and company needs to better understand the need for a better work life balance .

Pros

Direct positive influence . Progression witin rapid. Learner focussed culture. Staff turnover

Cons

Unrotaed sleep system, Sub par wages and work benefits, Unproductive managment response to issue and dealing with concerns

Don’t even think about applying

Lovely service users and supportive staff. Management are awful and treat you like dirt. Very short staff and staff are push to there limits. Tensions raise in houses as everyone is stressed. Parents are lied too about their children’s care and activities. Weekend should be fun and exciting not spending all weekend In front of tv with minimum staff. Very long hours and no support. I would never send my children there.

Pros

Hard working staff and service users

Cons

Management and lack of support. Bullying from management

Stressful

Working at Condover is very stressful, the hours are long and the pay is poor. You do get full training which is a positive. The learners are a lovely bunch of people and it's very rewarding yet head office is not so helpful at all, they will expect you to travel and won't reimburse your travel at all, they don't really have no respect for the support workers when actual fact the support workers are the back bone to the company. The best part about the job is taking the residents out on day trips and seeing them happy is the nowt rewarding part of the job

Pros

Seeing the learners happy

Jobs at Condover College

See more jobs

Fun to work place

I learned everything at condover they gave me a lot of training witch gave me experience. I enjoyed working with the team I also enjoying going on the days out. Hardest bit of the job was leaving

Pros

Free lunch

Simply the best

From leaving a secure job 4 years ago for a whim at a new career. I have been able to go from strength to strength with the support of the management, my colleagues and the young people with whom i support. I am one of CCL's grow your own!! Going from an LSA to a personal tutor! The moment my CCL journey began I was made to feel welcome, with it being made clear that the students/ residents are the number 1 priority. This support and kindness has continued Some days it's hard but who can say that they have a job with zero stress?? The team I work with is second to none and I enjoy going to work each and every day!!

Pros

Staff team, support and students

Cons

Stress, take work home (perks of the teacher life)

what a team!

The team at condover college make coming to work a joy, no matter who you are you feel supported. Supporting people with PMLD is hard work but when you see the dedication and enthusiasm from the staff here you can't help but smile. There is always an opportunity to share your views and opinions and you feel these are listened to. The company offers great career progression and has a great "grow your own" scheme, training up great tutors and fantastic lead LSAs.

Pros

Staff team/learners

Cons

Work life balance

great place to work

Grafton is a lovely place to work, the students are amazing people and work hard at developing their skills and the staff team are supportive, happy and great to work with, i have worked for nearly 2 years at grafton and it is a very rewarding busy job with great benefits for me as a mum with small children, it fits in well with my life and allows me to be a mum and do a job that i love.

Pros

hours

History of not a very secure job

Part time driver collecting students with disabilities for the college , and taking home after college finishes. Due to high turnover of staff day to day routine unsure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Condover College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8