Connect Catering Ltd

Connect Catering Ltd Job security & advancement reviews

Loved working for Connect but was unfortunately made redundant due to Covid19. Training days take place in Didcot which is quite a while to travel but these are rare. Great team and management, also pushed me to progress in my career
Pros
Great company
Cons
traveling to training
I had a short interview with the site manager for a part time position , in which 2 years of Catering Assistant work I was told to be irrelevant and they asked for a trial shift. I agreed with the shift as I was pretty confident in my skills and experience but it was delayed for like 2 weeks. Finally we agreed to a date when manager didn't show up so I was probably evaluated by their catering assistants. I've done what I was told to do , I tried to be fast even if it's a bit difficult to work without any company training, not to know what their methods and procedures are as they differ in every company.Nobody called afterwards, their lady, unfriendly assistant just thanked me for my help and I had to leave when the 5 hours had passed.I don't mind that much I didn't get the job but I was expecting a feedback as I don't like to volunteer. On the other hand , if that team already had a favourite recommended friend to join the team then they shouldn't foul others to waste time there and it's funny that the manager said he wanted to see how I made a wrap or sandwich but during trial I only did the till for a short bit and that woman asked to carry their dirty trays and plates inside to the washing up area, she wouldn't let me help her arrange the hot counter for service or serve .They proved very unreliable, tricky and a mock.
Company passionate about fresh food and giving staff a good work life balance. good workplace culture but if any downsides oppurtunity for progressin was quite small.
The look after their employees really well, with both staff and customer well being at the forefront of their minds. Their are many opportunities for training and advancement.
Connect are a good contract catering company to work for with lots of opportunity to progress up the ladder if you want to, good salary and pension scheme a typical day would be serving 200 plus customers with breakfast lunch in a busy staff resturant , I have learned a lot in the 4 years that I've worked for them but it can be very stressful at times running a 24/7 site, but i really enjoy the customer service side of the job connect are a family run business which gives them the personal touch
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
24/7 site