Connected Health
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Connected Health Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews

healthclientareatrainingcarestaffsupportweek

Care company much like others

It's a good job if you are a caring individual, hours can be long and money isn't great but that's what a career in care looks like. If on a call and the client needs an ambulance you do have to stay with them, some times in excess of hours. These hours are unpaid as other calls are assigned to other works and are only paid per call. The risk to hours being unpaid in these instances can make this job undesirable and challenging.

Pros

Free uniform and training

Cons

Possibility of unpaid hours, long hours and exhausting work.

1 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Connected Health, we are actively working to improve our employee experience. We welcome your feedback and you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk.

Don’t waste your time applying

Terrible company to work for, if you value yourself in anyway you should avoid completely. Treated unfairly if you don’t agree with management, favouritism with certain staff and make it very clear. Your expected to drop your family life like the drop of a hat to go out and cover a shift, and when you say no you get asked why and made feel guilty! Management is a complete joke, they don’t appreciate anything you do, just expect more and more off you the more you do for them. Anything personal you tell them isn’t confidential cause the rest of your colleagues will find out. The work you do isn’t appreciated at all, they wonder why they have such a high turnover of staff, they leave because of management and who they let run the areas. It’s the clients who suffers they don’t get the care they are meant to get cause everything is so rushed because there’s no staff to cover all of the runs so there’s always extra calls to pick up which you end up not getting paid for, and you feel silly having to ask your manager for it to be clicked over numerous times. The pay is never right and again your always having to ask to get it fixed, it’s a complete circus show. Avoid avoid avoid!!

Insights into Connected Health

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Very safe place to work

I am feeling valued and always listened to.Individuals we support comes first and everything is person centred.Management is very creative, they always ensure individuals has best quality of life and opportunities to gain new skills and experiences.They really value everyone who is involved in care.

Pros

Everyone counts

11 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoy your time working for Connected Health and being a part of the Connected Health family!

Don’t bother

company in limavady Management do not care at all for staff or service users. Very 2 faced place to work especially out in the office. If your face fits you will be ok. The competition between the staff is awful by that I mean telling lies about each other or trying to dim the light of the good workers to try and make theirs shine brighter! To many service users not enough staff so they pile clients on the staff. Go to another care company

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Expect you to work 7 days a week

11 July 2022
We are really sorry to hear about your experience working for us. At Connected Health, we are actively working to improve our employee experience. We would still welcome your feedback and you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk.

Underpaid and overrun

- always given more hours than was contracted for- many weeks I was working 50hrs when I was contracted 20- completely understaffed meant frequently having to pick up other people’s slack- this not only resulted in having to work sometimes 7am-11pm with one 15 min break but also not having the time to provide the best care you possibly could have to each and every client, a total disservice to already vulnerable people in need of help.- pay seems good until you realise it all goes towards petrol- many colleagues didn’t drive and just expected you to lift them everywhere without any offer of petrol money - very minimal training and some judgemental colleagues when you asked for help

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, little communication between staff, extremely stressful

25 April 2022

Very stressful

On a typical day your run would start at 7am and most nights you don't get home until around 9/10pm. You have literally no time for clients because the managers give you more clients than physically possible. the only reason people stay in this job is because you are getting paid based on the amount of time the service user has with you for example 30 mins, but most likely you will rush that call and be out of the house in 10 mins. All about the money and service users aren't getting appropriate care because of this. Management is somewhat helpful however if there was an emergency in a clients house you are very unlikely to get any help as the rest of the carers either go home or sit at a garage and do not reply to SOS messages!It looks very promising because of the money but is not worth the poor mental health and constantly worrying about the service users when you leave, knowing you could have done more for them but didn't have the time. also most of your wages will go on petrol anyway and you get parking fines for parking outside some clients houses, my managers response to this was park 10 mins away and walk!!!! with all my PPE!! disgraceful company if you ask me all about the money and very little care given or shown.

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, no help or support

Unrealistic

Terrible expectations, bad attitudes & unfair working conditions, underpaid for the job that is being done. Bad management and organisation.No car support even though they say they provide it.

11 April 2022
We are sorry that you feel this way. If you would want to contact us to discuss further then you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk and we would be happy to help in any way we can

Like any other jobs in this area, long hours

Like any other job in the area, hours are long however, the job is very rewarding, seeing service users faces light up as you come into their home just makes the long hours worth while. Seniors and area manager is always on hand with answers to my questions or help with queries. Opportunities for career progression. Like any other job in this field, you get out of it what you put in.

Pros

An amazing team, seniors and area manager.

11 April 2022

Nightmare basically sign your life away

Worst company to be in,very bossy,demanding,expect alot of work,no respect,poor management. Drive with your fuel no bonuses. Long days without a break.

Pros

No break

11 April 2022

Fantastic team doing a fantastic job

I have worked for Connected Health for 3.5 year's and love the team atmosphere and company values. It is a fantastic company with great Senior Management team. carers on the ground are amazing at what they do and support from the office is outstanding.

Pros

Work atmosphere

Cons

Always busy

11 April 2022

Long hours like any job in this sector, but if you enjoy this type of work you will love it, i can work mornings and be home all evening with my children! Management is fantastic!!! A very talented lady with lots of experience in this field, always on hand if you need her, training provided and can always request more if you feel you need it, great company and im proud to work for them, i have learnt so much here since i started and continue to learn everyday

Pros

Great team

11 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience working for us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time working as part of the Connected Health family and we love that you share our value and passion of caring for those in our community.

Good management.

Flexible and varied hours. Good and accommodating staff. Free uniform. Wide variety of different workplaces and areas. Can mostly plan hours a week in advance.

Pros

Flexible

5 March 2021

Poor management and no respect for staff

You’re expected to jump out whenever you are called, even if you are a full time student like myself. There is no respect for students or mothers with kids as you are constantly expected to work and to come away from your own personal life. Pay slips are always late and when you do get paid it is barely enough when you think of bills and pleasure buying. Your mileage is not paid for. On average I pay £120 for fuel a week with this job, which is an awful lot for a student. Your training is all done online which is an absolute joke as the job is fully on hand!I’ve fell behind on studies due to management not listening and respecting my availability. I was in hospital and was still receiving phone calls and messages asking for me to work even though I had a 2 month sick line. When I returned to work the new management questioned what was already agreed with HR. Also you aren’t getting rotas for the new week until 2 or 3 days beforehand which is pretty poor. And the rotas are NEVER right. Carers are going into clients houses upset and stressed out as they are excepted to do so much from management as they talk to you as if you’re dirt. Company was grand to work for during the first few weeks. But if you’re looking somewhere you are going to be happy STAY AWAY.

Pros

Pretty much none

Cons

Pay, hours, rotas, management and no respect for carers or clients

5 February 2021

Making a difference

Absolutely loved working with Connected Health. It is a fast paced environment but one that makes a real difference in the lives of vulnerable adults. The management team are always supportive and on hand to give advice and I have learned loads about the care industry and best practices on how to deliver quality and safe care. The job can be stressful at times due to the current pandemic, but at the end of the day that is to be expected in a frontline position.

5 February 2021

Awful place to work

Where do I even start, long hours, you aren’t allowed to have a personal life, you are expected to be able to bounce out at a moments notice so much neglect for staff leading to incompetence and bad experiences for clients. Poorly paid, they don’t deal with complaints from staff or clients or care for your well-being they don’t let you attend medical appointments. What I would describe as complete and utter mayhem I’d love to know what sort of criteria they have for employment as sometimes I think a dog off the street could do a better job than some staff. Management are a complete disgrace don’t really know what they are doing and expect the staff to pay the consequences and abuse from clients. I could honestly go on for days and all I can say is if you work for this company god love you I am so glad I got out!

12 January 2021
We are really sorry to hear about your negative experience working for us. At Connected Health, we are actively working to improve our employee experience. We would still welcome your feedback and you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk.

Worst company ever

Don't care about their staff new to care no follow up or feedback from supervisor, any issues and u get no answer from anybody, when worked extra hours and asked to be paid u r laughed at, when tyre slashed not paid for what a joke of a company

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no care from any management

11 January 2021
We are really sorry to hear about your negative experience working for us. We would still welcome your feedback and you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk.

Lovely place to work

I really enjoy working at connected health, i started in January 2020 and progressed to senior care assistant in November 2020 - I couldn’t ask for better girls or management

A Genuine and Caring Company

I decided to join the connected health team after providing a consultancy service to them.I chose to join the Liverpool based team due to the passion and desire they showed to providing high quality care.

Pros

Experienced management team with exciting plans to revolutionise how care is delivered

Cons

There really are none, you have the normal challenges that are faced by domiciliary care services, But with those challenges comes the feeling of job satisfaction when you overcome them.

11 April 2022

Terrible management wages wrong cant get anyone to respond to resolve issues ..if u raise a grievance its totally ignored

Terrible company to work for so stressful and very money oriented not bothered about clients welfare or staff welfare. Issues and concerns raised are ignored

Pros

Cons

Lack if communication constant changes to runs not concerned about client or staff welfare

12 January 2021
We are really sorry to hear about your experience working for us. At Connected Health, those receiving care are at the centre of everything we do and our staff wellbeing is important to us. We would still welcome your feedback and you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk.

Horrible

This company is horrible to work for the management is very very poor with empty promises when you ask for help you are completely blanked and not cared for. If you aren’t constantly drinking with them or want to best friends with them you get rubbish shifts and they split runs so their friends can go drinking with the manager. You work from 6:30 in the morning right through to the bed run and if the run is really heavy with lots of people you could be going to half 10 or 11 o’clock that night and if you’ve been on a bad run you might not even get a break, you get no mileage or support when you have to ring an ambulance no one else will pick up your calls while you wait for the ambulance your expected to turn up late. I would really not recommend working here as they are horrible. The training is two hours on the computer which is shock and then they have the cheek to charge you for it if you leave.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and rubbish management

12 January 2021
We are really sorry to hear about your experience working for us. We would welcome your feedback and you can contact our HR team directly on HR@connected-health.co.uk.

Awful

7am-9pm shifts usually. Constantly being phoned to cover shifts last minute and getting your rota for the week ahead a day or 2 in advance. I asked for my shifts to be flexible around uni as I was a full time student and was ignored completely which resulted in me falling behind a lot. I had constant anxiety and panic attacks and was also ignored when I brought this to the attention of my boss. Training consists of a few videos and quizzes, bearing in mind the work we do is much more hands on and physical. You are thrown in at the deep end, told that you will "always" be working with someone and then end up working alone your first day!! Dont get anything to cover petrol costs either and I should mention you have to pay a proportion of your wage to the company if you want to leave the job before a year! Dont do it...

12 January 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connected Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement