Connells logo
Connells

Connells Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for

Nice people and good place to work ! Worked at home during pandemic, but at least work could continue. I learned a lot from my IT job at Connells. Thanks !

Pros

Friendly and helpful colleague's

Cons

Job can be fast paced and a little stressful at times.

Awful place to work

Only thing Connells are good for is given false promises and telling you everything you can get however they never follow through.You are treated very poorly and expected to work very long Hours for less money and impossible targets and if you ever hit targets they will push them further so you will never meet them and they are never grateful for you hard work no matter how much business you bring them.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor management, false promises, poor money, no gratitude

Not the best

Chaotic management, low pay, good for first job for kids living at home not paying rent and bills. Unprofessional behaviour goes unnoticed for some people, no support from superiors

Pros

Nice co-workers in the office

Cons

Low salaries, advancing wrong people

Ideal for sales

Ideal if you are good with people, quick to pick up the phone, and able to hit targets in a high pressure environment. It is a demanding and commission based role.

Do not work here - run

Only work here if you are willing to kill yourself slowly. No appreciation for any work you do, 60+ hours a week easily as minimum yet they will tell you it “48”. It is modern way of slavery! No work life balance they expect you to live and breathe Connells, you’ll never be good enough. They’re hiring every 2 minuets because they’re loosing staff every 30 seconds. Will lie through there teeth to tell you what you want to here. Do not work here!

Pros

I don’t work here anymore

Cons

Everything - run away

Work you to the bone for pennies

If you like reading a script and becoming void of any of your own thoughts then this is the company for you.Unrealistic goals. Very clicky in Management. Treated like an idiot. All very dull and meaningless.

Pros

Getting out the office to do viewings

Cons

Long hours, No individuality, Every single movement and call monitored and played back to you, No breaks.

Be aware of what you are potentially letting yourself in for

If you are looking to work for this company, I would recommend that you remain wary of those in management positions, because they can turn on you very quickly and make it abundantly clear that they do not like you.One Team Leader made my life a misery, and my last few months at Connells, a living nightmare; causing my mental health to decline, and my anxiety levels to go through the roof. I am still suffering now, as a result and have lost a lot of my self-confidence.

Pros

Local, Easy to walk to and from

Cons

Pay, Some Team Leaders can be subtle bullies, Very high stress levels, Toilet breaks are monitored and timed

Very competitive & corporate company.

Big company and lots of offices. You are expected to work most weekends dispute your contract saying every other. Very corporate they don't really care about you just their figures and the pipeline. They have their own process which you MUST follow although not everyone agrees.

Pros

Career progression

Cons

Expected to work most weekends and it's a very corporate company

Rip offs

Company sends u out with not road standard vehicles bold tyres when asked to get it sorted they beat around the bush try do it the cheapest way avoid at all cost

Last place I’d ever want to work at

I just don’t know where to start, absolutely dreadful job I have ever done in my life. Management is an absolute mess and is ONE thing that messes up the whole place. A lot of favouritism and being treated unfair. Get treated like a child and get forced to work Sunday to “earn good commission” and show how dedicated you are to the job (with 0 recognition unless your not a person of colour). Your Expected to have no social life and work over hours with only 5 minutes of notice - if you don’t you get talked down at and told you didn’t try enough.

Jobs at Connells

See more jobs

Promise you the world but never deliver

If you work in a nice office you will enjoy your time at the company, but if you have an awful manager your life will be filled with anxieties and fear. New starters get paid more than experienced staff and all they do is knock the experienced staff down telling them how awful they are; promise them the world if they hit their targets (unrealistic expectations)Wouldn’t recommend

Pros

Decent colleagues at times

Cons

Poor pay for the work you do

Worst place to work management lie and are dishonest

Never worked in a worse place no job security no loyalty pay is rubbish glad to be out honest do not work for them the management have no idea what they doing and will blame you for their mistakes

Cons

Beware working for this company

Awful culture among senior management who spend the day e-mailing and badgering staff. When results aren't great they get the area managers to coerce staff into not taking contracted days off and stay late in the office to do call outs. Pay for the hierarchy is ok but is awful for branch based staff, and is among the lowest for agents operating within London. If you dare to leave, the company will go out if their way to ruin your new career and will find frivolous ways of taking you to court.

Pros

Job for life, if you want to be stuck in a dead end job

Cons

Long hours and poor culture

Good work place but salary could be better

Relaxed work place, great management. Nice office, nice coworkers. Starting salary is not the best but there are opportunities to grow. Available on site parking

No life outside of work

Loved the job but unfortunately you can’t have a work/home life balance. Rubbish salary as all the money you earn is in commission which you have to fight your colleagues for if you aren’t one of the lucky ones to answer the phone. Incredibly targeted with the amount of sales, ma & ms appointments you book, any amount is never good enough, even when you do hit your targets. I can imagine there are better agents out there.

Terrible higher management. Great colleagues.

Lovely people to work with on a daily basis but higher management are terrible, talk down to you, shout and swear at you. Don’t work for this company if you have children as they don’t care about your situation. Refused to pay me even half of my final wage. Expect you to know everything when you start with zero training.

Underpaid and overlooked Admin staff

Admin is crucial to the business of an estate agent, but the work is considered low priority and low skilled in this organisation. Administrators do not receive quality face to face training and are not paid their worth.

The worst

They promise the earth to get you to start work and do not deliver in the slightest. You end up being paid less than minimum wage with outrageous expectations. Avoid.

Not worth the time, energy or money it will cost you

Easy to get the job if you present yourself well. Say the classic 'I'm a go-getter, love hard work'. Profitable in busy offices as you just need to manage your time well. Smaller office's are expected to keep up with the levels of success so get excited for cold calling from 8am-7pm Mo to Sat and be told it's not enough. Only good for mortgages, you'll make min wage and pay for all travel.

Awful. Don't do it!!

I was placed in a branch where the manager had no drive, no people skills, he actively lied to clients in order to get more commission for the branch and when challenged was very agressive and verbally abusive. When I tried to escalate this to higher management, they buried the issues and made my working life their very difficult. Do not work for this company!!

A fast paced environment where responsibilities were delegated properly.

Had a really great experience working in a fast paced environment and working hard towards meeting important deadlines. Also I enjoyed working as a team and working under my own steam.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connells. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement