Connex Education logo

Connex Education Employee Reviews

4.4
Work-life balance

Friendly

I applied in the school Summer holidays so had to wait a while for work but once I got my first placement they kept me working regularly. All the staff I spoke to were friendly and considerate. I would definitely recommend them. I only left because I was offered a permanent job with my last placement.

Pros

Regular work.

Cons

Not guaranteed full time

SEN Home Tutor

Loving my SEN home tutoring after leaving 23 years of school based teaching. Flexible hours, weekly pay, pension. Excellent, efficient, Georgia is great, supportive and plenty of work.

Pros

Flexible. 3-10 hours a day. Paid planning time.

Cons

May have to travel to city based pupils. Teaching kids in their own home may not be your thing.

Fantastic agency and SEN tutoring / home schooling dept.

I have been teaching for quite a long time in local primary schools , I wanted to work with children who require more support and are waiting for a place at a special school or can only cope with being educated at home.I spoke to Georgia Pemberrton about this and she enabled me to start working in this area and provided me with an opportunity that I am very excited about. The SEN/ tutoring dept at Connex Birmingham is excellent and Georgia's support and encouragement and help in gaining a position is fantastic

Pros

Excellent consultants and opportunities

Professional

I have been registered with Connex for a short while but Jo my consultant is fabulous and will always contact me about suitable work opportunities. I am fortunate to have been placed in lovely schools by connex and i would highly recommend them.

Pros

good work opportunities

Excellent agency!!!!!

They are very professional and friendly. Good communication always via email, text and phone call. Flexible hours and days. I would definitely recommend them to anyone that is flexible and is looking for work.

Cons

flexible hours

Diversified experience

Excellent agency! Helpful and efficient. Quite flexible working days. Mostly Early years settings.Can be challenging on a day-to-day basis.Gives opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds and ages.

Pros

Flexibility, going to different Schools and Nurseries

Cons

Long Hours

Established relationship with excellent schools

I have worked for Connex for nearly two years during which time I have had regular work, often in local schools. The agents are helpful and approachable and always respond promptly to any questions. They work hard to seek out roles in schools that match your skill set and communication regarding assignments is effective and clear. I would highly recommend Connex for any supply teachers looking for work.

Great people to work for

Always check what you are available for and how far you are willing to travel to different schools. Able to change days you want to work to suit you. Really friendly staff

Supply teacher

Supply teacher. Good rates and regular pay. Friendly and helpful staff. Regular work across Derbyshire. Quick and effective to respond to my application

Great company to work for.

I have had a great time working here and I very happy with the team so supportive and understanding. I would recommend working here. Connex Education does a great job at making you feel like part of the family.

Jobs at Connex Education

See more jobs

Very good

Some work is given in advance if you wish to do it .I prefer to have notice and do find it hard to get ready quickly if phoned the 7.15 same morning to go to work . Staff are very friendly and helpful .Pay is always on time .

A wonderful Agency

Connex has been the only supply company that did what they promised: provide lots of paid work. The communication with the agency is great, all of the agents are lovely and try to give you work that adapts to your skills and likings, which is a really positive thing. They also offer long-term positions which is good if you're looking for more stability. Overall I'm very happy working with Connex.

organised and professional workplace

I have worked with three agents at connex that have all been professional and organised and have always been very quick in responding to any communications. there has been a limited amount of work in Cheshire compared to in Birmingham but I feel that the staff at the agency have my best interests at heart and are working hard to find work for me.

Professional, friendly, supportive and challenging.

I have worked at Connex for a number of years in a wide variety of schools and year groups. I enjoy the challenge as each assignment is totally different, although there is the opportunity for long term placements if you wish. Communication is excellent and I have built up a strong repour with my work coordinator, and the team there. Most schools I go to are within a 5 to 10 mile radius of where I live, and I have been to some on more than one occasion. Brief information is given prior to an assignment, and any questions answered such as location and year group. It was easy to register followed by a short discussion to clarify information and mutual expectations. I strongly recommend Connex as a supply agency as they will try hard to find the amount of days you wish to work, and the year groups you most like to teach.

Iv had some good loughs with my personnel advisor . He is always helpful and iv had some great experiences in schools .

I have worked for connex for 5 years thay have always been very helpful in finding the right jobs for you weather its part time or full time . You get a personal advise who you an call any time if you need any help .

Pros

Good pay and some one to talk too if needed.

Cons

Your job can just end even if you have been there a long time .

A typical day of work is fun. It is also interesting and everyday is different. I have learned key teaching and listening skills as well as presentation and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with tough situations with a large group of children. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to the kids and seeing life from their perspective and having a laugh with them here and there.

Productive workplace but a happy environment

I was an experienced teacher for 23 years. I decided on a new challenge. I was senior management in the schools I've worked on a vast range of whole school strategies and had many years of managing teachers. I've being involved implementing new initiatives and the management of many different roles in school. I have always had excellent relations with staff and believe a certain amount of humour is essential with working relationships. I am excited at the possibility of this new role of Emergency Assist travel consultant and I believe I have just the right qualities for the job. Essentially I am a people person and relish the opportunity to work in a positive way with colleagues. I would relish an interview to explain more of my professional experience and explain why I think I would be an excellent candidate for this job. Thank you for your time.

Thank you Connex Education for everything

*Good places for work *good management * flexible hours and days * good communication always via email, text and phone call * understanding very good *good listeners * find it great with this Agency. *Very kind Manager & Staffs.

Agency

Came in as SEN support and enjoyed it but lack of shifts made me look elsewhere, no guarantee of regular weekly work which was assured when contacted them. Communication from staff is lacking and asking for any feedback from a school is usually unsuccessful.

Pros

Lovely Schools

Cons

Lack of shifts, communication

Began as very helpful, changes in agents changed how helpful they were!

I have worked for this company regularly for nearly 5 years, for the first 2 they were fantastic but a change in agent changed the dynamic and I felt less and less valid as an employee

Pros

large area of coverage

Cons

lack of communication

positive workplace

connex Education is a great agency. they provide me with allot of regular work in my local area. i am really happy with the way they communicate and contact me. i would definitely recommend them to anyone that is flexible and is looking for work.

Pros

very professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connex Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4