Consensus

United Kingdom201 reviews

supportedcentrebehaviourusersupportindividualprogressionladder

Proud to work at Parvale House Kettering

Featured review

Consensus selected this as a representative review
I joined the company in February this year, and i can honestly say i have enjoyed every second. The team we have working here works so well. We all pull together and provide a service above and beyond. The support, guidance, encouragement and care given to our lovely ladies is exceptional, and i have observed them excel in so many ways over that time period, its been wonderful to be part of their journey. And i am so lucky to find such a worthwhile, rewarding career.

Pros

Brilliant team work and great management, Excellent training

Very unkind

At first they make you feel as if your very good at what you do then if they decide they don’t like you then they make this known. They can be flexible if they want to be. They have a very high staff turn over. They need to show staff how they want things done.

Insights into Consensus

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Best Company

I have worked for Consensus for 8.5 years and must say it is the best employer I have ever worked for - I enjoy my job and feel valued within my role, the pay scale although not top notch is fair and there are many other benefits

Pros

Open door policy with all line managers

Cons

Sometimes expectations are little too high and the amount of paperwork is demanding

Friendly staff and good ,training good atmosphere, plenty of over time, just 15hour hour days.

Good company to work for , I find it as a very enjoys good company to work for

I enjoy working at consensus the staff work as a team enjoyable team work I wold recommend anyone who wants to work in care to join this company . The renunciation is fair

Relaxed workspace

Overall good experience. Nice staff and management. Good opportunity for career progression. Friendly atmosphere. Teams leaders and managers are supportive.

Pros

No Uniform

Cons

Pay rates need improvement

Fun. Rewarding job

I have worked for Consensus for over 5 years now and have worked my way up. There i's no denying this can be a tough job however the rewards out way the obsticles. I feel part of a team and we all strive to do the best for our supported individuals. Consensus values are about the team working together to achieve the highest goals for everyone.

1 Year 10 Months

I joined in September 2020, I have never looked back at other jobs, it’s the best decision I made coming to work here. I have been encouraged in my role, I have already been given help and support on the steps of the career ladder. I don’t see it as a job, I see it as the professional extension to my career, due to enjoying working there, I work with a great team, and I work as a role model for the people I support.

Pros

Making a difference to others

Cons

To be honest can’t think

Progressive Care Company

The company is very forward thinking with in house positive behaviour and specialist teams for certain conditions, this alongside an extensive training program help you to feel supported and empowered. Like all care jobs it won't make you a millionaire but if that is what you are looking for it probably isn't the job for you.

Pros

Training, Team Spirit, chance to try new things both for yourself and the people you support

Cons

Can be stressful on bad days

very productive and fun to work with

I enjoyed working at Frinton house, Good team work and have a very excellent management. She's very dedicated to her role and easy to talk too, if needed her to see. she had open policy.

Pros

good support and food when its a party time.

Fabulous place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Consensus. Support is always available and progression is encouraged. The people supported are highly valued and respected. The support teams are trained well. Management development is invested in.

Management is rubbish

I was there for a couple of days within those few days I had seen and heard a lot, manager shows favouritism and doesn’t run the home properly and very rude, there was just no professionalism

26 May 2022
The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is our absolute priority. We take comments such as this very seriously and would be grateful if you could contact us at recruitment@consensussupport.com so that we can investigate further.

Management don't listen

It's okay place to work in but not a place to progress in the long run . No progression amazing residents but as said, not a place if you are looking to progress.

Pros

Free lunches

26 May 2022

Fast paced, poor communication, poor work life balance, but standard for the industry

The house is poorly maintained, and staff are incredibly hard to find. If you don’t fit in with the existing staff, they will make it incredibly difficult for you to enjoy your job. Poor planning from management leave you short staffed and overworked. The pay is very poor compared to similar jobs locally, and there is no overtime rate or any incentives given. They accept new residents whilst being unable to safely staff the residents they currently have.

Pros

Casual dress, convenient on site parking

Cons

Long hours, poor communication, last minute rotas

Mixed honestly

It’s a good learning experience. Good to meet new people and help othersAlways learning and trainingBad as there’s not much support from management if something happens. Just a lot on one’s self emotionally and mentallyManagement have favourites and some patronise you. Staff turn over is constant

Stressful

No support for staff or service users. Expected to work long and unreasonable hours - work 10 days+ without a day off. No proper induction or training you pretty much just get thrown in the deep end and expected to manage. Lack of motivation from management and constantly undermine staffs abilities. No one wants to work as a team, its a very divided and toxic environment to work in. The only good thing is the service users themselves. Seeing the effect of your hard work and effort on the lives of the service users is amazing. Its such a rewarding feeling seeing them achieve their goals and gain new skills to gain more independence.

Good company

I am currently working at the Heathers and i am enjoying my time here, the manager is very supportive and nice to everyone, good staff team and happy supported individuals.

Pros

Free lunch, recognition and career development

Cons

One of the best employers

I joined the company 9 years ago. It is a privelege to be part of this team and organisation, I am proud to say I work for consensus. They are undeniably one of the best companies in supporting individuals with learning disabilities. They have an abundance of knowledge and are always supportive of the individuals and also of the staff. The company believe in upskilling there staff, retaining support workers and delivering high quality care that is unbeatable in such a vast market of care providers. The team at backwell, are person centred and innovative. They strive to be the best and they really are some of the best support workers I have ever had the privilege to work alongside. This organisation offers opportunities to all if they should wish it and it is encouraged. Working for consensus is like no other - they genuinally care about the individuals and the staff they employ. They are ahead of the game in being an employer who can offer more than most, personally and professionally. I would advocate that if your searching for a job in social care right now this is the place to start.

Super fun!

I couldn't manage working anywhere else to be honest. All of my coworkers and manager are incredible helpful and supportive. My time so far at consensus had been enjoyable.

I have been with consensus for over 4 years and although sometimes demanding it's very rewarding, the company also allow you to work in different areas within the business where needed. I recommend you take up the challenge and chance to work with consensus if the opportunity arises.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

None really

Fantastic company to work for (Pool Cottage)

I have worked at Pool Cottage for many years I have gained so much experience. I have had full opportunity's to move up within the company. I feel I am fully supported by both manager and company. Consensus has a fantastic training program and will fully support new staff coming into the care sector.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consensus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Consensus with

Learn about Consensus in popular locations

• Consensus