Consortio Security Ltd

Consortio Security Ltd Employee Reviews

Good working ethics

I enjoyed working with consortio security,unfortunately they lost the site i was working on,and they do very little work in wales now,which is unfortunate,because they were a tidy firm to work for,regular hours and wages always correct.

Pros

regular work

Cons

few sites in wales

Great company to work for

Brilliant company to work for,good rate of pay and supportive management.Pay is always on time and correct.supported myself through an extremely hard time in my life .highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay, supportive .

Cons

Good family feel to the company

The company has a family like feel, good benefits and access to support and helplines. My day consists of supporting clients, projects and employees. I like that I am able to manage this in my own way with support.

Great company to work for

Consortio is a progressive company who treat you as an individual and not just a number. Management keep in contact and are always quick to respond to any issues. In-house training modules are informative and useful. Never have any issues with pay and uniform is very good

Pros

Management, good sites, friendly head office staff

Cons

Can be long hours but that is always the same in the security industry

Supportive company

A great company to work for that makes you feel part of a family. The staff are all friendly and great to work with. I feel valued for my work and appreciated for all my efforts. This has continued throughout the year even with it being a difficult year and working remotely since March 2020.

Fun workplace

Great company to work for, they communicate very well through direct calls, eshots, updates and newsletters on a monthly and daily basis.

Pros

loads of training, very supportive managers, payroll process very good and transparent / Pay never wrong

Cons

None really

Excellent company

Fantastic company to work for, really happy with the support and work life balance.All the team have been really welcoming and happy to share their in-depth knowledge.

Pros

Great management, adaptable company, professional

Rewarding, forward-thinking security business

Consortio Security is an engaging, friendly and dynamic business to work for. I always feel comfortable speaking to the various members of staff, as well as being empowered to pursue my own direction within my department.

Just a number

Consortio look good on the surface with their online portal and benefits etc, but they really don't care about their employs 1 bit. A zero hours contract company and never knowing if you've work 1 week to the next, There's a complete lack of management you never see them and if you do they just stab you in the back and the supervisors are complete yes men. A minimum wage company with no overtime pay and no job advancement unless you do everything they say and work over 60 - 80 hours a week, you even have to pay £100 for your uniform lol. The only good thing is your wages are paid on time and the office staff are competent but that's it, if your looking for a good company and want to go further you definitely won't find it here.

Pros

Cons

Zero hours minimum wage

Good

I worked for Consortio for 7yrs and then had to TUPE over as no work for me up North. Came back temporarily for 2mths this year. Hope to find more work when contract finishes. Always been fine with me. Sometimes put shifts your way without asking but not forced to work more hours. Pay should be far better but it's the nature of this industry. Cheaper the client cost. Cheaper the rate of pay. Security in general should be highly paid because of the responsibilities, hours, weekends, nights, and having to pay for a licence. It's supposed to be a Professional Industry after all.

Pros

Many

Cons

Hours

Unfair

Unfair company. They don’t look and review anything properly. Didnt look at how long you have been working there but looked at the one mistake you have made and dismiss you! Even though it was an unintended mistake! I’ve worked in many companies and have made many mistakes but they never dismiss you after a mistake you would get a warning etc. Over all not a great company! Never appreciate the hard work and efforts you have put into their company. The company really does make you feel like your worthless! I would not recommend this company to anyone! They just don’t care.!

Avoid

A very tiny so called company with literally a handful of sites all paying at minimum wage. Very unprofessional management from top to bottom don't really have a clue what goes on, they have a very complacent attitude towards health and safety even during the height of the pandemic which is really alarming! Anybody reading this please AVOID at every cost and apply for a professional security company, all the good comments u can see are from there own staff, says a lot about this mickey mouse outfit.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional

No management

got given no on site training until a week before they disciplined me for missing an overtime shift, i often had to pull 18 hour shifts as my relief wouldn't turn up, i had no training on the sites and was subject to working areas i was not familiar with such as water maintenance which as a security professional i have no clue about, the wage is peanuts and the management is terrible

Pros

options to work overtime

Cons

poor management, no training, rude internal customers

Dunstable 4px

This is a minimum wage company that operates at the lower end of the industry. Inadequate management structure with a small amount of low end sites. This company has a total disregard for safety which I find quite disturbing, an example of this is during the height of the pandemic there was a security officer on my site who kept using a temperature check of staff members ears completely ignoring the governments two metre distance rule and putting the rest of us at risk of infection not to mention his own family. When I complained to the company about this they were extremely slow to respond and just didn't seem to care, in fact they ran a competition asking us to send in selfies of there logo on face masks and said it would be "A bit of fun" this contempt for safety and lack of professional standards probally requires no further comment and I would urge everyone to AVOID this little minimum wage zeros hours contract company.

Consortio Security Experience

Really Good Company

Every day is different, though i work in the same place 5 days a week. i enjoy the interaction with staff, clients and visitors as it make the day go quicker

Pros

Free Training / eXTRA SHIFTS

Awesome

Great company too work for and i've worked for a few. Very supportive head office and line manager Training is very good Manager keeps me updated and Smart task is good

Pros

Communication / Manager

Beware will have to work as a cleaner more than a security officer.

Worked as Security officer, at one of the Accommodation at Bournemouth. Job is simple but is made hard by client Site manager, as they will tell you to do things which are not in your contract. They will make you work as a cleaner ...yes they tell security to do all cleaning, rubbish picking,manage bins and on top they will complaint that you have not done it properly. Site is very vast and literally one has to do lot of rubbish picking inside/outside the building area with open public access. Funny part is their in house cleaners don't do anything other than just hovering. On job advertisement they mention 'keep work area clean' as one of the part but actual its not just reception or lounge.....they will put all cleaning on your head.

Pros

fixed hours and pay

Cons

you will be doing more what you are not supposed to.

all night fighting with homeless trying to get in the building

it's rubish,they treated me you like slave I booked a holiday for mywedding3times bo chance .the management kept telling me. I need to book it on line that's what I did .when I ask my manger if he has authorised it he keep saying the system will do it I phoned the head office they said your manger need to authorise it the other think I used to get payed 8.25 new security man he gets 9 someone started new takes 9 rubish

Not a bad company as far as security companies go

Would be better if management kept staff informed of contracted hours . The company is not the best but it's definitely not the worst. If you need time of at short notice management try to help

Professional but enjoyablee

Have been working at a student digs for about 12 months. Great training, supportive management. Pay on time and accurate. Best company I have worked for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consortio Security Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement