Construction Industry Training Board

Construction Industry Training Board: 16 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Lovely people who worked hard and a great place to work.

I considered myself fortunate to work at CITB (Construction Industries Training Board) because CITB was situated on an old army base, in a rural area, with lovely walks, the use of a swimming pool, gym and free lunches. CITB was very willing to provide training and further education to employees as required. The dress code was smart casual especially for those not customer facing. Management, in my team, expected us to be disciplined enough to get on with the work without being micro-managed. The customer was king and my team would go the extra mile to assist the customer. I started working at CITB three weeks after I arrived in the UK and only left because of redundancy.

Good company

Work free lance, but they are nice to work for. IQA's are fair and understanding. If you're going to be an assessor for anyone, NSAC at CITB are a good bunch to work for.

Insights into Construction Industry Training Board

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues

Weak Senior Management

Weak Senior Management, Not as all impressed with the quality of support from Senior Management when difficult decisions are needed. Project Boards are more about apportioning blame that addressing issues.

Interesting

Dealing with stakeholders and giving guidance on the Apprenticeship process. understanding the companies needs to recruit a apprentices and benefits of the Levy systems.

Pros

working form home

It was a pleasure

I gained a lot of teamwork and a lot of experience as I was working with different aged people .i am very good at physical work as I take gcse btec construction in school as I’m on my last year of high school

Fun workplace

I would highly recommend the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) as it is a genuinely uplifting environment to work in. All staff are extremely caring and welcoming to ensure you fit it in from your first day. The management are lovely as they actually care for you individually as well as the job. The only reason I am leaving this job is because our we are being made redundant in our current location and I am unable to relocate.

Pros

Free lunches

Sadly a downward spiral

I really enjoyed my time at citb but with over 500 job losses and a handful of people moving to Peterborough anyone looking to work in the new organisation will find themselves alone. There is minimal job flexibility and an extremely expensive car park and an unpleasant walk. If you are desperate perhaps consider a role but otherwise please stay away.

Pros

It was a wonderful place to work with flexibility and great perks

Cons

Stripped of the intellectual property, in the people, there will be no-one to understand the complex organisation.

A good variety of work

Was a good place to work until TUPE'd over to new employer, then dropped like a ton of bricks. Colleagues are very helpful and friendly but senior management team are not interested in the wellbeing of employees

Product and Fun Environment

Interesting and varied. No two days the same. Opportunities available to learn new skills. Great people to work and learning something new everyday.

Pros

Flexible working hours.

Cons

Good

I enjoyed fifteen years of different jobs in CITB and enjoyed it very much. I did various positions which I enjoyed with a different jobs most days so every day was different.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Distance

Productive and fun

Great place to work - staff morale is good. Food provided every lunch by the company. Management are happy to help and to ensure staff are happy. Office is clean and engaging.

An easy life

It's far too long ago for me to remember other than it was an organisation that belonged in the past. I remember once showing a senior manager some work I'd done on our mini computer - he got out a set of log tables to try and verify the figures I was presenting.

Pros

Easy to coast

Cons

Everything else

Call Centre

On the phone all day, dealing with different customer and many lanquages. Learned how to listen and give short answers. Know about the card scheme and all the qualifications and tests. Watched all the time. You needed to keep call time down and quality up. Liked takling to different people.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Hardly any free time

I enjoyed the opportunities to work with construction to help them develop their businesses

No two days were the same. I learnt much more about the construction industry. The field staff are very supportive and enthusiastic. The company has downgraded achievement of targets so that it is very difficult to gain the small bonuses which are only available for 25% of staff in any one year.

Pros

Home based

Cons

Because I could, I often worked well into the eveing

Quite a good place to work

Interesting work but they now have a new management structure and I'm being made redundant. I liked the work I did around the schools but this has now ceased

Pros

mobile

Cons

travelling

rewarding

looking after apprentices in the construction industry helping them achieve their NVQ visiting the apprentices at college to do review and also visiting them on site. visiting clients to promote to advantages of taking on an apprentice

Pros

managed own diary

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Construction Industry Training Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Construction Industry Training Board reviews by location

Learn about Construction Industry Training Board in popular locations

• Construction Industry Training Board
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?