Consumer Intelligence

Consumer Intelligence Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews

Great people, lovely office but need to get the basics right

I really enjoyed my time at Consumer Intelligence, I worked with fantastic, fun, intelligent people - I was sorry to go! I was really supported by the business and given opportunities to develop and gain new skills. Having said that, general role specific training and managerial training is lacking. Often felt overstretched. The business is not ran efficiently - too many knee jerk reactions and senior management involvement in lower level decisions. Structure of the business is quite top heavy, not enough people on the ground to do the work. The business operates a flexible working environment, which is great in theory but not always in practice. It enabled me to work from home whenever I needed to or leave work a bit early, but if not monitored correctly it can lead to overworking. Employees and managers need more clarity on the boundaries to encourage the right behaviours. Generally management have great intentions and I can see that there are steps in the right direction but changes are not happening quick enough. The business is being pulled in two directions; to be people focused or financially focused - if you look after the people the rest should follow. Overall I had a good experience, but there are a few niggles!

Pros

Great people, modern office, fun, flexible working, working from home

Cons

Poor benefits and salary, top heavy structure, limited development opportunites

Wouldn't recommend

Managers don't listen, poor working environment for the people who are actually making the difference and doing the work. If your face fits then you can do whatever you like.

12 years employed

For the first 5 years Consumer Intelligence was like any other company. Then in 2010, they brought in a representative from 'Taming Tigers' (TT) a book by Jim Lawless. Bottom line. I can be whoever i want to be and do whatever i want to do. Just use the tools and people around me. If they are not nearby.. go and find out where they are. That is a very small summary of TT. From there, i was no longer an over 50's waiting to retire. New life breathed into the people, the company and into the environment. The main boss, at the time i worked there, is a visionary man. That's why I virtually twisted his arm to pick me. His goal was that he wanted the employees to LOVE working at CI. Not an easy task when so many people can be demanding and not realise that the potential of any companies environment is down to each and everyone of the employees themselves. Work hard and play hard. I liked the fact that the company had traditions..fun ones. The place became even better to work at when they introduced 'R.O.W.E' (Returns Output Working Environment). Every day is a Saturday. Long may it last.

Pros

Freedom to work where and when ever you want as long as you deliver your KPI's.

Cons

doesn't apply to all department, Depends on the manager, Different working ethics for different dept's just feels unfair sometimes.

Niche market research company

I learned a great deal about business intelligence, especially the high-level language QlikView. I've largely lost touch with the company since I left.

Family like environment, fun place with output only environment

Flexible working allowed me to manage my work and my team's work to improve productivity. Management is very friendly and always encourage employees to self manage in output only work environment. Managers support their team members to remove obstacles and help them achieve goals. Managers meet team members every month to discuss the progress of their targets and coach them to achieve more. This allowed to reduce stress from employees' work and helped them focus on delivering more, hence improved productivity

Pros

Flexible working, team outings

Fun environment kept me more active and productive in my work

I had a fun environment there which helped me to be more productive every day in my work..I was able to learn the job what an administrator do..the Co-workers were like a family to me ...The hardest side of the Job was not getting time to talk to our superiors..The enjoyable part of the job was the break time in between your work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Intelligence. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement