Coppa Club logo
Coppa Club

Coppa Club Employee Reviews

Productice , Creative and fun

It was great working with such a nice team and leaders and managment team. But for my experince i couldn`t evolve and learn more in my working position

Pros

Free lounches

Cons

Colleagues leave you to do what you want during your training.

I wouldn’t suggest working for this company. They have benefits like meals on shift but even then they can leave you without a break and without food unless you ask.Can’t fault the majority of the other colleagues that work there but some just do things that aren’t acceptable and the managers seem to just overlook this, seems like favouritism.If you want a work place that you will enjoy working in and enjoy the experience with the guests it would be great to work here, however they don’t do things how they should be done and it’s not worth the pay that your suppose to get. (You don’t get £10 an hour)

Pros

Free meals on shift

Cons

Managers overlook issues

I'm a new candidate

I'm finding the process of selecting and delivering documents very good, I just start a training, but at now very nice, and friendly situation with my coleagues.

Pros

The work team very good

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked in

Messy, chaotic , backstabbing management team. No work-life balance whatsoever - open/close shifts it’s a normal thing there.poor training with no support from HO and training team.

Clueless top tiered managers.

All for show, popular buzz speak with no real follow up. Extremely unprofessional, trying to be trendy rather than focusing on procedure and execution of delivering basic customer service and average food.

A stressful place to work

It is a busy restaurant all the time. Especially in the summer, when they have the terrace open also. Managers are ''bossy'' and sometimes they get really stressed and mad and they can react badly. If is not busy enough for them they will send you home because they want to cut hours. And if they see you only a few moments doing nothing or talking with your colleagues they will come to you and will give you something to do but in a rude way (like ''how dare are you to do nothing''). They protect the favourites people. As a waiter, they can give you so many hours in a busy time. As a host, they give you not enough hours. As a chef, you do too many hours. The management is so bad.

Pros

One meal per shift, 50% discount, Service charge

Cons

Stressful place, Poor management

Wouldn't recommend take a job in this company

Management tends to make job done efficient as they can, not providing resources, tools, and saving on human recourses, under staffing what makes current employees work under incredible pressure, company internally not posses any work ethic or culture, they not protects its employees, but focuses on the profitability! Another bright example of the modern slavery!

Fun workplace

Very fun place to work with lot of young people to work with and great staff, learn alot about being behind the bar and learnt loads of new drinks to make. Being front of house was really useful and made me much more confident.

Fun Workplace

Sometime stressful but enjoyable and very flexible shifts. Good benefits and reasonable pay every fortnight, also good. Everyone very friendly and a decent job

really awful experience as chef

awful experience without career opportunity and also no competitive salary, really busy and stressful environment. bad balance work and personal life.

Jobs at Coppa Club

See more jobs

Lack of management structure, good waiting team

A typical day would be made overly stressful with the lack of staff put on shift, most of the management team are under trained and do not care about the staff only their pay check at the end. The waiting and bar team are fun to be around there was always a good atmosphere with them and there are lots of social events outside of work.

This place is fine for few months,when u finde a better job

The management are very bad,they have no any skills,they are just solved the complains with some free drink.they are useless. Many time you are need to close the restaurant and the next day go back to open it. Very unorganized. U can work there few months if u can't find anything else.

Friendly staff, customer service, working in team and on my own

Learned making reservations for customers. Answered all customer enquiries. Learned taking/refunding deposits. I enjoyed everything about my job. Really felt like it is my passion.

Cut backs on hours

I was hired as a commie chef Wasn't given much training I was always told different ways to make the same dish so I was always wrong The only feedback I would get is it's bad If it was good I would never hear The pay is strang they said I was on 10.33 per hour but I was only paid min wage and they used service charge to top it up

Great plce

I enjoyed working there making new friends not just working but enjoying my shift , greeting the guest and making them feel welcome serving everything at the right time making sure everyone is having a good time and is satisfied

Not recommending

Chef in charge. Food is a basic of basics Italians, nothing what you hadn't see before. 60 hrs plus a week. Badly designed kitchen, you lucky if anything works properly. Management including seniors doesn't care. Salary offered 6 k less than advertised....bad joke in General. Stay away

Pros

Nothing Really

Cons

Everything.

I have learned new things

Small kitchen but nice food, most of the things was homemade, I learned a lots of new things in the time I have spent there. Nice salary, but too many hours, so I didn’t have to much time for my self. Most of the shift was double which means all the day long, plus if I was doing closing the day after I was opening. So I didn’t sleep to much

Pros

One free me for shift

High volume of customers

It’s good experience for new starter and learn how to work in a high volume of customers. Management needs to improve and no training. Salary no too bad and staff is lovely.

Too many managers and not enough staff

Young 'casual dining' company attempting to roll out as an established brand, by applying rigid specification to everything from how to cook a poached egg, to the kneeling posture adopted by managers when speaking to customers. What they have failed to recognise are the differences in building and kitchen layouts, staff training and skill-sets, expectations of different customer bases in different venues, serious recruitment issues and that they are dealing with human beings who would like to have lives too. Be prepared to only find out your working rosta for the Mon-Sun working week just hours before it begins. Don't be surprised if you are required to take longer breaks on split shifts or to be sent home several hours early if the customers don't come in sufficient number. Your 40 hour week could soon be nearer 30 although the company is legally obliged to honour minimum hours stipulated in their contract of employment. Dress for work before you arrive or find yourself tripping over ice crushing machines and excess stationary stock in the 9' x 8' 'staffroom'. Be prepared to act as the 'buffer' explaining the routinely applied 'service charge' and of course for the resulting reduction in tips after the company has taken the 12.5% levy. These restaurants are run from excel spreadsheets and staffing levels are cut to the bone in an attempt to match the performance and margins achieved in a flagship restaurant which has been open for almost 5 years. The Tripadvisor reviews for this company speak for themselves. 48th best out of 65 in Henley as at 15th Sept and 5th of 6 in -

Pros

Limited staff menu free

Cons

Disorganised management

A great job, but low security.

Most of the management staff are absolutely great at training and supervising staff, although in some larger branches there appears to be more of a let down in training, subsequently frustrating new staff and actual customers as orders have a greater chance in coming out incorrect and extremely late. Lots of potential staff working for first initial trial shifts are put through the same work rate as other normal trained staff without being shadowed, most especially on busy nights, which suggest that there is a high staff turnover rate. There is ample opportunity to work extra hours in other branches but at times you can be sent off with very little or absolutely no notice at all. Prospect of advancement within the company as floor staff is very low but possible, very little job security as the contractual agreement is to be layed off without any notice.

Pros

Free break food, Staff discount.

Cons

Very low chance of progression

Was interesting experience

We did had miss understanding with staff because was many double shifts...but was fun after long hours had the feeling like family and most of the time was busy all week.

Pros

Free lunch

• Coppa Club