Coppa Club

Coppa Club Employee Reviews

It was great working with such a nice team and leaders and managment team. But for my experince i couldn`t evolve and learn more in my working position
Pros
Free lounches
Cons
Messy, chaotic , backstabbing management team. No work-life balance whatsoever - open/close shifts it鈥檚 a normal thing there.poor training with no support from HO and training team.
All for show, popular buzz speak with no real follow up. Extremely unprofessional, trying to be trendy rather than focusing on procedure and execution of delivering basic customer service and average food.
It is a busy restaurant all the time. Especially in the summer, when they have the terrace open also. Managers are ''bossy'' and sometimes they get really stressed and mad and they can react badly. If is not busy enough for them they will send you home because they want to cut hours. And if they see you only a few moments doing nothing or talking with your colleagues they will come to you and will give you something to do but in a rude way (like ''how dare are you to do nothing''). They protect the favourites people. As a waiter, they can give you so many hours in a busy time. As a host, they give you not enough hours. As a chef, you do too many hours. The management is so bad.
Pros
One meal per shift, 50% discount, Service charge
Cons
Stressful place, Poor management
Management tends to make job done efficient as they can, not providing resources, tools, and saving on human recourses, under staffing what makes current employees work under incredible pressure, company internally not posses any work ethic or culture, they not protects its employees, but focuses on the profitability! Another bright example of the modern slavery!
Very fun place to work with lot of young people to work with and great staff, learn alot about being behind the bar and learnt loads of new drinks to make. Being front of house was really useful and made me much more confident.
Sometime stressful but enjoyable and very flexible shifts. Good benefits and reasonable pay every fortnight, also good. Everyone very friendly and a decent job
awful experience without career opportunity and also no competitive salary, really busy and stressful environment. bad balance work and personal life.
A typical day would be made overly stressful with the lack of staff put on shift, most of the management team are under trained and do not care about the staff only their pay check at the end. The waiting and bar team are fun to be around there was always a good atmosphere with them and there are lots of social events outside of work.
The management are very bad,they have no any skills,they are just solved the complains with some free drink.they are useless. Many time you are need to close the restaurant and the next day go back to open it. Very unorganized. U can work there few months if u can't find anything else.
Learned making reservations for customers. Answered all customer enquiries. Learned taking/refunding deposits. I enjoyed everything about my job. Really felt like it is my passion.
I was hired as a commie chef Wasn't given much training I was always told different ways to make the same dish so I was always wrong The only feedback I would get is it's bad If it was good I would never hear The pay is strang they said I was on 10.33 per hour but I was only paid min wage and they used service charge to top it up
I enjoyed working there making new friends not just working but enjoying my shift , greeting the guest and making them feel welcome serving everything at the right time making sure everyone is having a good time and is satisfied
Chef in charge. Food is a basic of basics Italians, nothing what you hadn't see before. 60 hrs plus a week. Badly designed kitchen, you lucky if anything works properly. Management including seniors doesn't care. Salary offered 6 k less than advertised....bad joke in General. Stay away
Pros
Nothing Really
Cons
Everything.
Small kitchen but nice food, most of the things was homemade, I learned a lots of new things in the time I have spent there. Nice salary, but too many hours, so I didn鈥檛 have to much time for my self. Most of the shift was double which means all the day long, plus if I was doing closing the day after I was opening. So I didn鈥檛 sleep to much
Pros
One free me for shift
Cons
It鈥檚 good experience for new starter and learn how to work in a high volume of customers. Management needs to improve and no training. Salary no too bad and staff is lovely.
Young 'casual dining' company attempting to roll out as an established brand, by applying rigid specification to everything from how to cook a poached egg, to the kneeling posture adopted by managers when speaking to customers. What they have failed to recognise are the differences in building and kitchen layouts, staff training and skill-sets, expectations of different customer bases in different venues, serious recruitment issues and that they are dealing with human beings who would like to have lives too. Be prepared to only find out your working rosta for the Mon-Sun working week just hours before it begins. Don't be surprised if you are required to take longer breaks on split shifts or to be sent home several hours early if the customers don't come in sufficient number. Your 40 hour week could soon be nearer 30 although the company is legally obliged to honour minimum hours stipulated in their contract of employment. Dress for work before you arrive or find yourself tripping over ice crushing machines and excess stationary stock in the 9' x 8' 'staffroom'. Be prepared to act as the 'buffer' explaining the routinely applied 'service charge' and of course for the resulting reduction in tips after the company has taken the 12.5% levy. These restaurants are run from excel spreadsheets and staffing levels are cut to the bone in an attempt to match the performance and margins achieved in a flagship restaurant which has been open for almost 5 years. The Tripadvisor reviews for this company speak for themselves. 48th best out of 65 in Henley as at 15th Sept and 5th of 6 in聽-聽more...
Pros
Limited staff menu free
Cons
Disorganised management
Most of the management staff are absolutely great at training and supervising staff, although in some larger branches there appears to be more of a let down in training, subsequently frustrating new staff and actual customers as orders have a greater chance in coming out incorrect and extremely late. Lots of potential staff working for first initial trial shifts are put through the same work rate as other normal trained staff without being shadowed, most especially on busy nights, which suggest that there is a high staff turnover rate. There is ample opportunity to work extra hours in other branches but at times you can be sent off with very little or absolutely no notice at all. Prospect of advancement within the company as floor staff is very low but possible, very little job security as the contractual agreement is to be layed off without any notice.
Pros
Free break food, Staff discount.
Cons
Very low chance of progression
We did had miss understanding with staff because was many double shifts...but was fun after long hours had the feeling like family and most of the time was busy all week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Always busy restaurant. Payment every 2. Week. Nice staff food of the menu. Flexible rota. A bit unorganized especially due the number of the management. I had payment issue several times but the management wasn't helpfull.
Pros
Great salary, nice staff food.
Cons
Miss payment many times, poor management
Gracias a mi 煤ltimo puesto de trabajo como recepcionista en el restaurante Coppa Club de Londres, fui capaz de desarollar mis habilidades de trato con el cliente, as铆 c贸mo potenciar mis conocimientos en organizaci贸n de eventos y la gesti贸n de reservas. Trabaj茅 con presupuestos, coordin茅 los equipos de trabajo y estuve en contacto directo con los diferentes departamentos del restaurante para llevar a cabo las fiestas y cenas de navidad. Lo que m谩s me gusto de mi puesto, a pesar del gran volumen de trabajo y las situaciones de estres, fue el buen ambiente de trabajo gracias al equipo. Lo que menos me gust贸 de mi trabajo fue la falta de apoyo por parte de la direcci贸n de la empresa, que no de mi jefe directo, el cual fue un gran apoyo.
Pros
Flexibilidad horaria y desarrollo profesional
Cons
Muchas horas de trabajo (m谩s de 60h semanales) y falta de apoyo de la direcci贸n de la empresa
  1. Employee reviews