Coppa Club
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Working at Coppa Club: 32 Coppa Club Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

Stressful and rude managers

Overall just a bad experience. Pay was decent but they hired all students so once uni started we were so understaffed and remaining staff took the brunt of the work. Staff were bossy and often didn’t give rotas until a couple days before a new week despite promising them 2 weeks before.

Pros

Free meal on shift

Cons

Not always guaranteed a break if busy even on a 10 hour shift, Often ask you to stay late regardless of prior commitments

Strongly avoid

The worst and rude manager of ever, they want you do all the task possible because the manager can't keep a teem together, any single person that work in there for more than 2 week literally wanna go away, including super visor. Rude colleague, management that can't give you a proper task without changing they're mind any 5 minute, stressing the staff constantly for no reason, and if you report a problem to them, you are the rude one. The same management are capable to disrupt your work, and then pretending that "You" made the mistake. Is the representation of the most toxic environment of ever, this is copper club tower bridge.

Pros

there is not

Cons

Rude management

Insights into Coppa Club

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

I loved working at Coppa Club, it is located in a beautiful spot, next to the river, great management and lovely people.I've learnt so much while working there. Really recommend.

Pros

Free lunches, personal development, and free activities outside of work

Cons

For me, it was a long and time-consuming commute through the woods.

Avoid

Extremely long hours(sometimes you could start at 9 and finish at 1 AM only to be back the next day at 9)managers that have no respect towards people and treat you like garbage,money is not good enough for the work that you do

Pros

Free food on shifts

Cons

Long hours Management Lack of empathy

Avoid this place

Poor management, if you are here to learn do not expect training. Payment is very low compared to the amount of stress and job. The most ridiculous company in uk only cares about making money.

Pros

Staff meal, good co workers

Cons

Long hours, very stressful, no support from head office

Colleagues leave you to do what you want during your training.

I wouldn’t suggest working for this company. They have benefits like meals on shift but even then they can leave you without a break and without food unless you ask.Can’t fault the majority of the other colleagues that work there but some just do things that aren’t acceptable and the managers seem to just overlook this, seems like favouritism.If you want a work place that you will enjoy working in and enjoy the experience with the guests it would be great to work here, however they don’t do things how they should be done and it’s not worth the pay that your suppose to get. (You don’t get £10 an hour)

Pros

Free meals on shift

Cons

Managers overlook issues

I'm a new candidate

I'm finding the process of selecting and delivering documents very good, I just start a training, but at now very nice, and friendly situation with my coleagues.

Pros

The work team very good

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked in

Messy, chaotic , backstabbing management team. No work-life balance whatsoever - open/close shifts it’s a normal thing there.poor training with no support from HO and training team.

Productice , Creative and fun

It was great working with such a nice team and leaders and managment team. But for my experince i couldn`t evolve and learn more in my working position

Pros

Free lounches

Cons

Clueless top tiered managers.

All for show, popular buzz speak with no real follow up. Extremely unprofessional, trying to be trendy rather than focusing on procedure and execution of delivering basic customer service and average food.

A stressful place to work

It is a busy restaurant all the time. Especially in the summer, when they have the terrace open also. Managers are ''bossy'' and sometimes they get really stressed and mad and they can react badly. If is not busy enough for them they will send you home because they want to cut hours. And if they see you only a few moments doing nothing or talking with your colleagues they will come to you and will give you something to do but in a rude way (like ''how dare are you to do nothing''). They protect the favourites people. As a waiter, they can give you so many hours in a busy time. As a host, they give you not enough hours. As a chef, you do too many hours. The management is so bad.

Pros

One meal per shift, 50% discount, Service charge

Cons

Stressful place, Poor management

Wouldn't recommend take a job in this company

Management tends to make job done efficient as they can, not providing resources, tools, and saving on human recourses, under staffing what makes current employees work under incredible pressure, company internally not posses any work ethic or culture, they not protects its employees, but focuses on the profitability! Another bright example of the modern slavery!

Fun workplace

Very fun place to work with lot of young people to work with and great staff, learn alot about being behind the bar and learnt loads of new drinks to make. Being front of house was really useful and made me much more confident.

Fun Workplace

Sometime stressful but enjoyable and very flexible shifts. Good benefits and reasonable pay every fortnight, also good. Everyone very friendly and a decent job

really awful experience as chef

awful experience without career opportunity and also no competitive salary, really busy and stressful environment. bad balance work and personal life.

Lack of management structure, good waiting team

A typical day would be made overly stressful with the lack of staff put on shift, most of the management team are under trained and do not care about the staff only their pay check at the end. The waiting and bar team are fun to be around there was always a good atmosphere with them and there are lots of social events outside of work.

This place is fine for few months,when u finde a better job

The management are very bad,they have no any skills,they are just solved the complains with some free drink.they are useless. Many time you are need to close the restaurant and the next day go back to open it. Very unorganized. U can work there few months if u can't find anything else.

Friendly staff, customer service, working in team and on my own

Learned making reservations for customers. Answered all customer enquiries. Learned taking/refunding deposits. I enjoyed everything about my job. Really felt like it is my passion.

Cut backs on hours

I was hired as a commie chef Wasn't given much training I was always told different ways to make the same dish so I was always wrong The only feedback I would get is it's bad If it was good I would never hear The pay is strang they said I was on 10.33 per hour but I was only paid min wage and they used service charge to top it up

Great plce

I enjoyed working there making new friends not just working but enjoying my shift , greeting the guest and making them feel welcome serving everything at the right time making sure everyone is having a good time and is satisfied

Not recommending

Chef in charge. Food is a basic of basics Italians, nothing what you hadn't see before. 60 hrs plus a week. Badly designed kitchen, you lucky if anything works properly. Management including seniors doesn't care. Salary offered 6 k less than advertised....bad joke in General. Stay away

Pros

Nothing Really

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coppa Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement