Coppa Club

Coppa Club Employee Reviews in London

A stressful place to work

It is a busy restaurant all the time. Especially in the summer, when they have the terrace open also. Managers are ''bossy'' and sometimes they get really stressed and mad and they can react badly. If is not busy enough for them they will send you home because they want to cut hours. And if they see you only a few moments doing nothing or talking with your colleagues they will come to you and will give you something to do but in a rude way (like ''how dare are you to do nothing''). They protect the favourites people. As a waiter, they can give you so many hours in a busy time. As a host, they give you not enough hours. As a chef, you do too many hours. The management is so bad.

Pros

One meal per shift, 50% discount, Service charge

Cons

Stressful place, Poor management

Clueless top tiered managers.

All for show, popular buzz speak with no real follow up. Extremely unprofessional, trying to be trendy rather than focusing on procedure and execution of delivering basic customer service and average food.

This place is fine for few months,when u finde a better job

The management are very bad,they have no any skills,they are just solved the complains with some free drink.they are useless. Many time you are need to close the restaurant and the next day go back to open it. Very unorganized. U can work there few months if u can't find anything else.

Not recommending

Chef in charge. Food is a basic of basics Italians, nothing what you hadn't see before. 60 hrs plus a week. Badly designed kitchen, you lucky if anything works properly. Management including seniors doesn't care. Salary offered 6 k less than advertised....bad joke in General. Stay away

Pros

Nothing Really

Cons

Everything.

I have learned new things

Small kitchen but nice food, most of the things was homemade, I learned a lots of new things in the time I have spent there. Nice salary, but too many hours, so I didn’t have to much time for my self. Most of the shift was double which means all the day long, plus if I was doing closing the day after I was opening. So I didn’t sleep to much

Pros

One free me for shift

High volume of customers

It’s good experience for new starter and learn how to work in a high volume of customers. Management needs to improve and no training. Salary no too bad and staff is lovely.

A great job, but low security.

Most of the management staff are absolutely great at training and supervising staff, although in some larger branches there appears to be more of a let down in training, subsequently frustrating new staff and actual customers as orders have a greater chance in coming out incorrect and extremely late. Lots of potential staff working for first initial trial shifts are put through the same work rate as other normal trained staff without being shadowed, most especially on busy nights, which suggest that there is a high staff turnover rate. There is ample opportunity to work extra hours in other branches but at times you can be sent off with very little or absolutely no notice at all. Prospect of advancement within the company as floor staff is very low but possible, very little job security as the contractual agreement is to be layed off without any notice.

Pros

Free break food, Staff discount.

Cons

Very low chance of progression

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Gracias a mi último puesto de trabajo como recepcionista en el restaurante Coppa Club de Londres, fui capaz de desarollar mis habilidades de trato con el cliente, así cómo potenciar mis conocimientos en organización de eventos y la gestión de reservas. Trabajé con presupuestos, coordiné los equipos de trabajo y estuve en contacto directo con los diferentes departamentos del restaurante para llevar a cabo las fiestas y cenas de navidad. Lo que más me gusto de mi puesto, a pesar del gran volumen de trabajo y las situaciones de estres, fue el buen ambiente de trabajo gracias al equipo. Lo que menos me gustó de mi trabajo fue la falta de apoyo por parte de la dirección de la empresa, que no de mi jefe directo, el cual fue un gran apoyo.

Pros

Flexibilidad horaria y desarrollo profesional

Cons

Muchas horas de trabajo (más de 60h semanales) y falta de apoyo de la dirección de la empresa

Struggling

Staff is quitting faster than can be replaced, and often with no notice, still workers are given no incentive to stay. Logistic of the place (who was recently refurbished) is idiotic, to use some appliance we had to unplug ice machine, heat in prep kitchen is almost unberable and we lack storeing space. Staff in doing its best, still some thing just can't be helped with...

Pros

Free lunches, get to know lots of people

Cons

Always struggling due to poor logistic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coppa Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement