Corbin & King

Corbin & King Employee Reviews

I worked for this company for a long time, and started in a junior role and was developed into a senior one. Support was there from the start with good training and development, and mostly supportive managers.Colleagues and trainers were amazing for me at the start, really helping me progress and learn. Shift work and hours were hard and long, but the rewards were comparable to the best in this tough industry. The ethos of the two founding owners is amazing, and they are present and involved in the business which is superb, however some managers and supervisors know how to talk the talk, but not actually execute the owners vision. This was one of only a few disappointments at Corbin & King.
Pros
Reputation of company is really good, even internationally, and they pride themselves on being fair to their employees.
Cons
Long hard hours, with little flexibility to change shifts if Customer-facing or in the Kitchens or Back of House.
Es un trabajo bajo mucha presión y con una estructura muy repetitivo. En general es un buen sitio para trabajar. Puede que sean algo déspotas con sus empleados
A good company a lot of benefits, and also a lot of training. I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a stable job and wants to develop. Thanks
Pros
Lot of benefits
Cons
Good hours
Corbin and King is a wonderful company they look after their staff very well, is a lot of respect and professionalism all over the company and I always recommend that company to people who are interested to develop their skills and grow in the industry as the provide very high standard training to the employees
Very good company and they are taking care of there employees .they are far and they will always help other people with there problems and difficulties.
Pros
Working for Corbin&King has been a great experience. Good company culture, Strong HR, good pay. After some time working for them I took them for granted and got used to good pay and other benefits they provide. Once left, and experienced working for other companies, I realized that Corbin&King is by far the best company to work for in the hospitality industry.
Official response from Corbin & King
25 March 2020
Thank you very much for taking time to review Corbin & King, we're really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to work with each other again in the future.
Nice and good company, a very busy place, but people work as a team this makes work easier
Perfect French Brasserie with live music, where you can find a perfect restaurant with a very good service and food quality where you feel a presence of Paris
You have to work hard there but if management sees you doing well, then you accordingly can be paid. Also plenty of space to progress as well as training provided.
Please see CV Typical assignments associated with CEO assistancy activities. Also included were some projects outlined also in CV. Wonderful leadership team who inspire down and for others to contribute in development of ideas and culture / creation in both office, restaurant floor and concepts.
Alto numero di clienti a livello giornaliero ma allo stesso tempo ambiente lavorativo professionale cercando una soddisfazione completa dal punto di vista dell'avventore.
Pros
Buona retribuzione, clientela VIP, corsi di formazione.
Cons
Lunghe ore lavorative
Location di lavoro bellissima. Saluti ottimo è bellissimo team
Is a good place to work. As it is in the center of Piccadilly Circus it is always busy. Whether you are in the cage or the restaurant or the cocktail bar. If you would like to learn new skills everyday Zedel is a great place to do that.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
high demanding autocratic management, high pressure environment, only for very hard working individuals. training is mediocre, the company is in need of a talent planning strategy since they're often short staffed. employees' voice is not often heard or considered.
Pros
fair salaries
Cons
long hours, high pressure, military style culture
Every day is a new learning and its fun place with relaxed environment Meeting the strict deadlines specially for month end was one of the thing which is a bit tough but apart from that good place to work at
Pros
free lunch relaxed environment
Cons
Depending on what shift I am on, can be quite intense but the management are always on hand to help. staff are all friendly and makes it an interesting place to work.
Pros
management
Cons
long hours due to standby shifts.
we started to prepare all the cakes for restaurant then start me sen plus and get ready for lunch service.after lunch service we do ordering and make more mies un plus ,check the stock and what we need to order for the next day. The environment is so friendly and we have a diversity all around the company . the disciplinary and professional attitudes is demanding and each staff should make sure to follow regulations. The most excitement of job is when you should use your creativity and make a new dish .
Pros
free lunches, disscount in dining
Cons
long hours and working weekend
working at C&K is a pleasure, the work life balance and the people are great. they really take care of you and the amount of training and development that is on offer to any level of staff is second to none. i have grown as a chef the most at C&K. i started as a CDP and was mentored to grown and reach the level of Senior Sous Chef. it also amazes me how often you see the owners Chris and Jeremy around all the business. they often take the time and get to know everyone and they never forget a name or face, really makes you feel like you belong to the team
Pros
endless support and development
Exemplary run company that run 6 restaurant and an hotel. I worked there for nearly 6 years and I was happy throughout. It is a very busy environment, but fun to work for.
a lot of big actors, noun people. good food. nice atmosphere, delicate food, everything is handle it in professional manner with right attitude. recommended for everyone
Pros
nromal
Cons
normal
A typical work day at Corbin and King was face paced, rewarding and fun overall. My colleagues were a joy, an amazing bunch of people who are a true credit to how Corbin and King hire employees. The hardest part to a day was making sure all customers were 100% happy with their experience, ensuring when they left they would tell their friends and family about us. Seeing how the customer left happy and amazed with the decor, service and experience of dining, left me with a sense of accomplishment, knowing that as a team we were able to deliver upon customers expectations.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours standing.
  1. Employee reviews