Corbin & King

Corbin & King Work-life balance reviews

I worked for this company for a long time, and started in a junior role and was developed into a senior one. Support was there from the start with good training and development, and mostly supportive managers.Colleagues and trainers were amazing for me at the start, really helping me progress and learn. Shift work and hours were hard and long, but the rewards were comparable to the best in this tough industry. The ethos of the two founding owners is amazing, and they are present and involved in the business which is superb, however some managers and supervisors know how to talk the talk, but not actually execute the owners vision. This was one of only a few disappointments at Corbin & King.
Pros
Reputation of company is really good, even internationally, and they pride themselves on being fair to their employees.
Cons
Long hard hours, with little flexibility to change shifts if Customer-facing or in the Kitchens or Back of House.
A good company a lot of benefits, and also a lot of training. I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a stable job and wants to develop. Thanks
Pros
Lot of benefits
Cons
Good hours
Very good company and they are taking care of there employees .they are far and they will always help other people with there problems and difficulties.
Pros
Nice and good company, a very busy place, but people work as a team this makes work easier
Perfect French Brasserie with live music, where you can find a perfect restaurant with a very good service and food quality where you feel a presence of Paris
You have to work hard there but if management sees you doing well, then you accordingly can be paid. Also plenty of space to progress as well as training provided.
Alto numero di clienti a livello giornaliero ma allo stesso tempo ambiente lavorativo professionale cercando una soddisfazione completa dal punto di vista dell'avventore.
Pros
Buona retribuzione, clientela VIP, corsi di formazione.
Cons
Lunghe ore lavorative
Is a good place to work. As it is in the center of Piccadilly Circus it is always busy. Whether you are in the cage or the restaurant or the cocktail bar. If you would like to learn new skills everyday Zedel is a great place to do that.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
high demanding autocratic management, high pressure environment, only for very hard working individuals. training is mediocre, the company is in need of a talent planning strategy since they're often short staffed. employees' voice is not often heard or considered.
Pros
fair salaries
Cons
long hours, high pressure, military style culture
Every day is a new learning and its fun place with relaxed environment Meeting the strict deadlines specially for month end was one of the thing which is a bit tough but apart from that good place to work at
Pros
free lunch relaxed environment
Cons
Depending on what shift I am on, can be quite intense but the management are always on hand to help. staff are all friendly and makes it an interesting place to work.
Pros
management
Cons
long hours due to standby shifts.
we started to prepare all the cakes for restaurant then start me sen plus and get ready for lunch service.after lunch service we do ordering and make more mies un plus ,check the stock and what we need to order for the next day. The environment is so friendly and we have a diversity all around the company . the disciplinary and professional attitudes is demanding and each staff should make sure to follow regulations. The most excitement of job is when you should use your creativity and make a new dish .
Pros
free lunches, disscount in dining
Cons
long hours and working weekend
working at C&K is a pleasure, the work life balance and the people are great. they really take care of you and the amount of training and development that is on offer to any level of staff is second to none. i have grown as a chef the most at C&K. i started as a CDP and was mentored to grown and reach the level of Senior Sous Chef. it also amazes me how often you see the owners Chris and Jeremy around all the business. they often take the time and get to know everyone and they never forget a name or face, really makes you feel like you belong to the team
Pros
endless support and development
A typical work day at Corbin and King was face paced, rewarding and fun overall. My colleagues were a joy, an amazing bunch of people who are a true credit to how Corbin and King hire employees. The hardest part to a day was making sure all customers were 100% happy with their experience, ensuring when they left they would tell their friends and family about us. Seeing how the customer left happy and amazed with the decor, service and experience of dining, left me with a sense of accomplishment, knowing that as a team we were able to deliver upon customers expectations.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours standing.
Corbin and King have several restaurants in London as well as a hotel. I have friends who've left and returned because of the stability of the job. They work hard to deal fairly with staff members and are very organised in HR. Working in hospitality has its perks such as eating on the job, but also has its downsides: Namely working evenings, public holidays and weekends. It can be a lot of fun and you'll begin to feel like family as you'd be spending more time with your colleagues than your own family.
Pros
stable job, tronc for chefs, staff food, interesting work, chance of advancement
Cons
working hours, weekend work, physically strenuous
Typical long busy shift between 9-13 hours including busy service from 12-3 lunch time and extremely busy dinner service from 7 till late. The management doesn't provide any trainings for the staff and this is the hardest part of the job. I am really happy with my team especially after the shift when we are going for a drink and having fun (the management never coming).
Pros
free water
Cons
Long hours and low salary
If you are looking for solid fast training this company is great for start ups. Table maintenance and table turns are a constant practice. Always portraying elegance style and speed. Good training is always carried throughout Excellent pay rates.
Pros
Great pay and opportunities
Cons
Unhelpful management