Corgi Homeplan

What people like
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Allow space and time and it would be a great job

Allow more time and space to people wrapping up calls instead of kicking them off wrap while updating notes and people might stay longer, started off well but quickly became a terrible place to work with conflicting information given out constantly, fix the conflictions and the bullying by under management and it would be a great place to work. I felt I had no option but to leave as I had a job offer waiting that solved all my immediate problems.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Constantly kicked off wrap, Conflicting information, call after call with no room to breathe

Worst job I've had

Terrible place to work. Extremely stressful a lot of people would be off for mental health issues due to work. Time pressure dealing with calls management have no sympathy or people skills

Pros

Free fruit and the benefits

Cons

Constant calls and pressure to deal with them in 5 mins from start to finish, management have no empathy

Sold soul and now terrible.

Awful, total disregard for mental health and always looking for mistakes. If you are not friends with management you will not go far in the business. I have worked my socks off for the last few years and have never been thanked. The company then started looking for errors in the work. I was then released for reasons which I had identified and also tried to rectify with clear evidence of doing this. Never received a contract to sign but noticed that there was one on my profile which was signed so that right there can be classed as forgery. Ridiculous company, do not recommend working here at all.

Pros

Cons

Favouritism, horrible management

Mentally destructive

I work here for 5 years and that was seen as an incredibly long time and was one of the longest serving staff, my new job there is a lot of people who have been at the company for over 20 years!!. In the beginning It started OK being lied to about how brilliant it is to work here then you soon realise how terrible it is and dissolutioned. You are under so much pressure to deal with difficult calls in about 5 mins as team leaders pressure you to end the call and try get the customer off the phone ASAP and to wrap up the notes in 2 mins or less and if not your kicked off and get another call though no matter if your finished or not and it starts again. The team leaders are encouraged to pull people up for being a few seconds lat back from brakes or to check on people in the toilet if they have been in there to long. They do not care about you as a person or your situation there is no work life balance with long days. The turnover in staff is massive 38 staff left over 8 weeks and you're expected to pick up the slack. I eventually left as mentally I just couldn't work there anymore I took a pay cut but it was the best thing I could have done as I'm so much happier now. The only good things was free fruit and the benefits package was good along with the overtime rates but please don't work here it will destroy you and make you so unhappy I'd rather beg on the streets than work here again so unless you have live in North Korea or tyrannical dictatorship state don't apply!!

Pros

Free fruit, benefits, when available overtime rate and bonus for overtime

Cons

Will make you depressed, long hours, is like working in North Korea, management, lack of empathy to staff

BEWARE!!! Stay away if your a subcontractor.

As a subcontractor be aware that CHP work on a awful ratings system with the worst algorithm software on the planet! At the start you will get plenty of work at the highest rating of 5 then its drops to a 4 and the work stops pretty much! You will be expected to NOT report problems on boiler service as it will bring your rating down.You will be expected to complete a repair in half the normal time, if not, you ratings will go down.They will send you jobs outside your area and when you decline it brings your ratings down.Calling CHP during the day takes 20-45mins to get through!Staff are not understanding and very little help is offered. Even the staff seen peed off!! Customers i visit always say i am like the 4-5 different engineer to arrive at the property and they wonder why!!It's no wonder why CHP go through such a high turnover of subcontractors..

Pros

Paid within 7 days of a job

Cons

Flawed system algorithms!

A Mentally Destroying Place to Work

When I worked here the management of the place was ridiculous and awful. They have absolutely no idea how to look after their staff AT ALL. My Mum fell ill during my time there and there was little compassion shown to helping me out with compassionate leave or taking holidays when need be. I had to take weeks off due to diagnosed depression and even then there was little care shown. The company do not care about their employees and they only care about you taking the calls like robots. Absolutely would not recommend to work here. You will be mentally destroyed and you could find a job elsewhere for better money and better care and welfare for staff. DO NOT WORK HERE

Pros

Cons

Management, Flexibility, Mental Health Awareness, Care for Staff

Work pattern, distribution of work

Winter always busiest period with corgi HomePlan, I learnt from my basic heating and plumbing to repair a boiler easily so it’s phenomenal platform for beginners

Terribly Managed

The day to day work is not bad at all. I quite enjoyed working there until new management come in. Now it is managed so poorly and they don't care about any of their staff just the bottom line. Constantly make promises to help and improve yet NONE of it comes to fruition.

Subbies, don't trust this Company!

I worked as a Gas Engineer sub contracting to Corgi for nearly a year. Great to begin with, but recently they have become unreasonable in the extreme, downgrading my company for accepting jobs raised wrongly by their call center staff. No notification, no conversation about the problem, just work withheld. Don't think just because you feel valued one week they won't turn round the next and take away your work. They have done it to me and a friend. Just don't trust this company

A good place getting better

Corgi is a fast paced and dynamic work environment with a management team that is striving to make it one of the best places to work. Having been bought over by OVO there are high expectations on Corgi to move inline with the parent culture which encourages a good work-life balance and recognition of hard work and achievements There are lots of changes on-going within Corgi with new job positions and teams popping up every other week with great opportunities for staff movement within the company. I am excited to be here and I can see ample opportunity to develop within the company and the greater OVO family.

Pros

Progressive environment, friendly and helpful staff, part of a highly respected family, good opportunities

Cons

Can be intense at times.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Corgi Homeplan?

Never worked in a place like this in my life....shocking

.Over worked under paid and bullying in the work place all comes to mind. So many talented, experienced people have come and gone. They fail to retain good employees. Why? Terrible bullying tactics, under paid, long day 8.5 hours with half hour lunch and 2 x 10 minute breaks. No sick pay or any other perks ...staff don’t even get a discount on boiler insurance!Management ? Many that have a senior roles don’t have the basic skills to speak to employees with dignity and respect. They don’t follow process and procedures correctly. Definitely need to brush up on their basic communication and management skills.

Pros

Decent hard working people

Cons

People in roles out their depth....management.

Great improvements are being made

Great place to work. Management are working on the benefits package and hopefully all salaries will be reviewed. Job feels secure, business is growing & we are recruiting Customer Service agents and Team Leaders. New management team in Customer Service are a breath of fresh air. We don't feel like we need to impact customer service and get on the next call. Incentives are good and there is a way better atmosphere in the place. Looking forward to the future with CORGI HomePlan

Pros

Friendly staff, free fruit, tea and coffee. New management team in customer service are approachable and trust worthy.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day. Pay for all levels need to be looked at. Lack of benefits.

Change afoot.

Been at CORGI HomePlan a number of years and have seen it improve massively. Gone are the days of managers screaming at you to end call/take calls! (Yes that happened often) Management are approachable now and although the tools/systems we work with are sometimes cumbersome it is being addressed. Training wasn't always great, but again this is now in hand. Bonus scheme is good as before you could only top up your wage by being on technical line or sales. Now all departments can perform well and be rewarded. Have monthly 121 with line manager where you can actually give feedback (Also have to take it) I joined the company due to the hours they offered, but could actually see it becoming a career due to the change in management and forward vision of the parent company.

Pros

Management that engages. Bonus scheme.

Cons

No sick pay. Can be hectic at peak periods.

Terrible place to work.

Employed for over 3 years by corgi, the job itself takes a mental toll on you and when you take time to deal with this they can’t wait to get you out the door. I would never ever recommend working here to anyone. I know for a fact that most staff that work here hate it. Managers also hate it and often choose to step down from management roles because they are not giving the tools, training or opportunity to support their teams. Corgi offer no support to their staff which is shocking considering you will spend most of your day dealing with customers that are angry because the policy they have taken out doesn’t live up to what they were sold. 30min lunch break and a 10 minute break, but if you are on a call and it runs over your allocated break time you have to make sure you’re allowed to take them and if it’s too busy you have to wait until things “quiet down” but it’s always busy. Personally I had emails from managers asking why so many toilet breaks had been taken - this was for a total of 6mins in a 10hour day - 2 toilet breaks in 10 hours is not unreasonable. The company is so badly under staffed because no one wants to stay working here, yet they continue to hire sales staff and do thousands of mail drops for a push on more new customers despite the fact the ops team are unable to manage the customers and work load they have already. When OVO bought us over it was promised that things would get better. For a short time they did but it was more false promises as things went back to how they were before. Staff are over worked and struggling. Team leaders over worked and struggling -

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Everything else.

Awful

Worst place I have worked and couldn't wait to leave! 10 minute breaks and they chase you if you are at the toilet too long! No focus on customer service as I was practically shouted at for being on for nearly 4 minutes. You're made to feel like a child by managers who have hardly any experience themselves. Do not work here!

Pros

Cons

All of it

Poor place to work

Worked here for 2 years and really enjoyed it. Became unwell but mental illness is not tolerated at corgi business comes first . Management made me out to be a liar and eventually I felt I had no other option but to leave . Also better hope you know someone in the clique

Pros

Salary, colleages

Operations

Pros: Staff very approachable/friendly Open plan centre Flexibility with schedules Corgi champion nominations Cons: Inexperienced Supervisors with no people skills, extremely aggressive tone and manner Training poor Highly flawed HR Managers not to be trusted about anything I.e. sharing confidential information No sick pay - bonus scheme dodgy - holidays awful The list could go on....basically don’t work here

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Gas engineer

I am a sole trader , I do servicing and breakdown for corgi. I get allocated services on a sort of lowest bid war , currently getting £26 per service . Zero loyalty . Very hard to do all the work for corgi , I have to call and book services , customers often ( as I do ) hid behind answerer machines or call guardian. often more time spent making a single call than two services . The guys are lovely at the call centre I guess its all that free fruit ! I have been working for Corgi now 3 years customers on the whole are lovely and do constantly ask for me to come next year as I am more through than engineers in the past , I do now try to spend less time with them , the pricing is ever pressurised , so this affects customer relations lets face it they are not my customers .

Pros

flexabilty

Cons

terrible pay, full liabilty .

lack of support

very difficult place to work, lack of support, extreme expectations. I felt so unhappy at this place of work and would never recommend anyone work there.

Pros

local to home

Cons

no support

Great Colleagues and Bonus Opportunities

Corgi has one of the most friendly teams I've worked with - very quickly your work colleagues become friends outside of the office. Everyone knows that the people are the most important part of any job. Management are easy to approach and can offer more flexible hours to accommodate childcare and they promote a good work/life balance. Complimentary Tea & Coffee, and fresh fruit supplied (oranges, apples, plums, bananas etc - unlimited per person) No 'kitchen' with oven / cooker, but microwaves, fridges, dishwashers. Large TV in the chillout area. Suggestion boxes available at all times and very much promoted. Tends to be quieter during the summer and much busier in the winter - sales targets are achievable and updates are frequent, obviously based on sales and up-selling, however a high focus on making sure customers are treated fairly. Company has three rules: Find a Way, Be the Good Guys and Build Something Great. Monthly draws for a 'Corgi Champion' where you can nominate a team member who has worked hard, and they get a few perks (better parking spot, a meal, cinema tickets!) Not a lot of 'perks' outside of work (no discount for employees with other companies, no discounted Corgi Plan for employees)

Pros

Uncapped Bonus, Opportunities for Lieu, Flexible Hours

Cons

Unpaid Sick Days, Unpaid Overtime

good company

I have been at corgi nearly a year now and quite enjoy it, things are changing for the better since the OVO takeover for the staff, staff and management are friendly and we all work quite well as a team in whatever department you work in, I would recommend someone to work here.

Pros

free fruit tea's and coffee to.

Cons

no holidays from october to march but may be changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corgi Homeplan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6