Cornerstone

Cornerstone Employee Reviews

learn lots in all types of areas of building and construction good friendly atmosphere and nice colleagues to work with. good rates of pay but could be better for what you do
I received the job for Baxter view and started very quickly from my job offer. The poor management is a massive issue with no communication between management and staff, there is set staff and management who are very clique which affects service and staff morale. The management are rude, don’t treat service users with the respect they deserve and often change rota at the very last minute without asking or notifying and expect you to jump with no consideration to your personal circumstances. There is no possible chance of job progression at Baxter view. Bullying in the work place is very prone at Baxter view and happens on a daily basis from management and long term staff. When concerns are taking higher they are neglected and ignored. You are expected to jump from service to service with no appreciation at all. The word thank you is not within their dictionary at Baxter view. I wouldn’t ever recommended accepting a position at Baxter view.
Pros
Working with those I did support
Cons
Everything about the place.
I had a terrible experience working at Cornerstone as I always felt extremely uncomfortable and I was always made to fell stupid. the management were too busy trying to outdo each other
Pros
Cons
bad management
There is little progression route unless you're in the clique of senior management. The pay for those who are on the same level is not matched and different rules apply depending on your relationship with certain 'leads'. It's not run very well - and I'm saying this as a non union member.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Limited progression
This place is by far the most toxic place to work, which is an agreed statement amoung staff. It might not be overly bad in the begining but I promise you over time this company will destroy your mental health. If you decide to work for this apauling uncaring company then I suggest you gather all the information you could possibly need, in writing, because if you do one thing wrong you will be annihilated. However if long term staff and management make serious errors and break all the codes and standards, gather sufficient evidence or you will definitely be called a lier. These people will lie and cover anything up for eachother (management and the staff who have worked for nearly a dacade) including potentially fatal miss dosses of medication.
Pros
No experience needed what so ever
Cons
Expected to know everything like your trained
I have worked with cornerstone for over 2 years and have absolutely loved it, they always have the clients needs in mind and the pay is pretty good aswell as I work as a team member. Would definitely recommend
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Find somewhere else. Absolute terrible place to work. Bullying encouraged. Only thing good about it was leaving. Can't keep decent staff and what's left needs fired.
Pros
Met some nice families
Cons
Bullying, unprofessional, under qualifed management
How ever when I had to flee my home and go to a refuge with my kids and pack my stuff up in other flat I didn't feel my boss was very helpful or empathetic. I instead felt like they were looking for ever excuse to get me to leave my post. I tried weekly meeting and time changes to help me get to the new office which changed x2 times mmee
The line of communication is shocking for a so called care company and the management are shocking too. I read this before I joined but I thought I would make my own judgement, unfortunately was proved right.
great environment, great food , great staff and management. worked there for a while but had to relocate would have loved to stay. no complaints at all
Small company, has a positive friendly atmosphere. Everyone’s opinion counts The young people are the main priority Management approachablw look after staff
Pros
Close working relationships family environment
Cons
Challenging at times
I have found all my colleagues at Cornerstone to be friendly and helpful. People are supportive during times of stress, whether work-related or personal.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere in the office
Cons
IT frustrations.
If you like having a life outside of work then this job will not be for you. I worked at cornerstone for over a year and a half in the community. Within the first 6 months I knew I wanted to leave and began looking for other jobs unfortunately it took me Longer than anticipated to find full time employment. Where do I start with this company... Management are horrendous, absolutely no care for staff wellbeing, constantly bombard you with calls, texts and emails on your days off, asking you to pick up extra shifts. The communication between management and staff is absolutely shocking, you could turn up for a shift with somebody only to find they aren’t there or you’re actually meant to be starting earlier or later but no one would tell you so it’s your own time you’ve lost. If you like working set hours/shifts then do not work here , one day you could be out for 9 hours and the next you would be out for one hour just sitting in somebody’s house doing nothing. If you don’t drive this job will be a nightmare for commuting, you’ll run around like a headless chicken. The only plus side is most of the people you support are nice and you do feel like you make a difference, with a few exceptions.
Pros
Nothing.. except some of the people you support/ look after
Cons
Everything else
Members of staff are machines to the management team. We work without breaks and little compassion is shown to those who are struggling to keep up with the fast-paced environment. Understaffing is a huge issue here and team members are expected to do two peoples worth of work daily, adding to the exhaustion already felt from the lack of breaks especially on busy shifts. Do not work here, you will be overworked to death and expected not to complain about it.
Pros
33% Greene King discount
Cons
Extremely overworked
All I can do is advise people do not work for this company! The service users are the best part of the job. They promote untrained and uncaring individuals, which they bully good team members (to the point they leave). It's laughable how a care company can be so uncaring!! Stay well away.
The rota should have been available 6 weeks in advance. However, sometimes it wasn't received until the day before a new month. It changes regularly, so work life balance was not balanced.
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
No work life balance
Very enjoyable and rewarding place and people to work with. Not easy at times, but good challenge day to day with great achievements , lots to learn and work in a proactive way helps to get better knowledge.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Sleepover mandatory
The most unprofessional and incompetent employer I've ever had the misfortune of working for. The way they treat their staff is appalling. All management care about is ticking boxes, even at the expense of putting service users and staff at risk. They expect you to bend over backwards for ÂŁ9 an hour and thank them for it. Look elsewhere, you will not be valued at Cornerstone.
Great charity - sad to be leaving to pursue a role closer to home. Great team, wonderful people being supported. I really felt like I made a difference.
Their focus is money money money. They are not person centred in any shape or form. As long as someone does the shift they don’t care. The leaders will not help out doing shifts but let staff struggle. They are not supportive to their loyal staff. They won’t hire people who are competent as they feel threatened by good staff. Will employ staff with no management experience over ones who have loads.
great people and great diversity and care provision. I really enjoyed making the service user's happy by helping them to socialise in the community and also by increasing their independance and self-esteem by building strong relationships with them and helping and supporting them to try new things and participate in activities. I liked working with cornerstone as they have a brilliant diversity policy and value base which i myself have and believe that respect and integrity are very important when working in this kind of environment.
  1. Employee reviews