Cornwall Care Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Cornwall Care Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

lovelyresidentcareclientsupporttrainingstaffsupportive

Unprofessional attitude from poorly trained management filters down across all tiers..

Constant pressure is placed upon the carers and there' s no evidence of staff motivation or appreciation. Miserable atmosphere across many homes... needs to change...

Undervalued and underpaid

The care staff at cornwall care are all apleasure to work with. They put their all into the care they deliver but this is grossly over looked but senior management. They expect too much for very little return. Pay is poor and staff retention is at an all time low. The company has a lot of potential but has a poor reputation as an employer.

Insights into Cornwall Care Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Depressing place to work

I did not have a good experience working there. The management was poor and I felt very unsupported and under valued. I moved on after working here for just a few months.

Caring environment

Have worked for Cornwall Care for many years, overall a lovely place to be. Learning and development is good with lots of training opportunities. Very welcoming and supportive.

Undervalued and underpaid

You could move heaven and earth for Cornwall care and you wouldn't get anything in return. As a HCA in a home I find the environment is very toxic, some of the staff act like it's a playground and residents do not get the care they deserve and pay for. For a job that is so important we get paid the bare minimum and at this point it's not even worth the money anymore.

Poor Communication in a toxic environment

Sad to say that Cornwall Care really does not care. There are so many issues within this ‘charity’ that it is difficult to know where to begin. Some members in the support office are nasty, unprofessional and rude. You are not listened to and anything negative said will be your ‘goodbye and don’t come back’ ticket out. Safety concerns ignored, HR clueless and rude and communication within the organisation is non existent. A dictatorship may be a better way to explain how it is to work for Cornwall Care… Directions and decisions coming from those who have barely stepped foot in the care homes and therefore, have no idea. This has been clear through decisions that have been made and retracted. I have not spoken to one member of staff who is actually happy within Cornwall Care but are too nervous to speak up in fear of losing their job. The only reason staff stay is because they actually do care about their residents and love the job itself. A real shame.

Awful Care Company

This is my own personal 100% honest review after working for this awful care company, sadly and unfortunately it’s a very toxic company that clearly does not care about their carers.Health and safety is definitely not taken seriously and you are not lead by example.The culture is a million miles away from a caring compassionate company. Business orientated.The work life balance is awful they pressure you to take extra shifts, overworked, under paid and pay is often wrong. High turn over of staff, pay does not reflect the responsibilities that you have on your shoulders or for the wear and tear on your own car, the millage at 35p is laughable. To sum this company up its very toxic, if you are expecting a caring and compassionate company forget it. All concerns raised were brushed under the carpet.

Pros

Lovely people in the community

Cons

To many to mention

good place to work but not well paid

a good place to work, but the payment does not match the workload. long shifts (13 hours) and quite stressful, that is why i am saying that the pay is not good(minimum wage )

Really hard work but a very strong and supportive team

Very nice place to work. Nice skill mix of nurses. Always willing to support each other and all have good communication skills. Very polite. All the residence are very well looked after and are all treated as individuals.

Pros

A family orientated team of staff and friendly.

Cons

Long hours and can be very physical and tiring.

They were a great company to work for

Great company, when my husband had a serious bike crash and then a cancer diagnosis they were amazing and always made sure I was ok, Manager is one of the best I’ve ever had

Pros

The staff are great

Cons

Didn’t find any

Toxic

i was saddened by the culture that i found when i joined in the support office, which was dreadful. line management was unclear and constantly moving the goalposts often contradictorily. communication was really poor, filled with cliches and passing down the problems whilst constantly being in meetings about the agendas for the next meetings.the worst thing was that many team members had similar concerns and yet didn't feel they could raise their concerns effectively, not wanting to put their head above the parapet.the care staff who work in the homes deserve better. they are brilliant, working and performing life-changing work on an hourly basis and yet are let down by the leadership structure.

25 January 2022
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear that you feel this way. We take all feedback seriously, we can see that you are a former employee, and have a number of processes in place to raise complaints or concerns. If you would like to discuss your issues further, please feel free to contact us.

Challenging with room for improvement

Communication across the company is really poor unless you have a seat at the table, high turnover of staff and job description vs actual duties is totally different. No visible organisation structure or direction. Additional hours praised whilst there’s not enough resource, everyone covering each other or unable to take time off. Culture is toxic, no time for benefits or rewards and management are too busy, updates are instructions only not why or how. Wouldn’t recommend which is such a shame for the residents and hard working employees.

Pros

Hard working colleagues determined to do good

Cons

Poor management, lack of direction, outdated values, bad culture, understaffed

25 January 2022
Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear that you feel this way. We take all feedback seriously, we can see that you are a current employee, and have a number of processes in place to raise complaints or concerns. If you would like to discuss your issues further, please feel free to contact us.

Good but lacking care and consistency

Finding working here hard at times, lack of consistency between homes, lack of direction and obsessive micro management from care home management.Job description at interviews don't match actual required work.

Pros

Free lunches, fun staff

Cons

Over bearing management and lack of stability in the company

25 January 2022

Perfect job for a single parent! Hours to suit all :)

I joined Cornwall Care around 2 years ago. First job after having 2 children. I was so worried about flexibility and affording childcare as a solo parent, but they accommodate my hours to suit a school day and the weekends my children are with their Dad, which really eases the pressure financially. They've been so kind & understanding, when I've needed time off at short notice for my children being poorly. Also they've been great when I've had car trouble too & allowed me time off and clients in walking distance of my home. It's sometimes a busy job but the clients are generally lovely and friendly, they start to feel like family and I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. Every day and each client is a little different, you'll assist them with washing and meals, you'll do their shopping, you may take them out for day trips, hospital appointments etc, it varies from client to client and keeps things interesting. All in all I'm extremely happy with my job and feel so lucky to have found a career that works for my little family.

Pros

Flexibility, Understanding Support Staff

Cons

Truro Traffic (not Cornwall Cares fault, i just like to moan about it)

25 January 2022
Thank you for your feedback! So pleased to hear you're supported in your role!

Excellent company to work for

Great training and support! Manager/ care team/ kitchens and housekeeping team are amazing, hardworking and give 100 percent! Residents are put first and this is reflective in the care they received! Inclusive and welcoming!!

Pros

Teamwork/ residents and staff

5 November 2021
Thank you for you're feedback! So pleased to hear you're supported in your role!

Shocking

Really poor company and management! Not enough staff, shocking salary and so under appreciated. Poor care. Staff treat the place like a school playground. No social interaction for residence. Lazy staff members that just like to sit down. 0 confidentiality

Pros

The clients

5 November 2021

Will be surprised if this place is still running in 18 months

Worked night shifts for about a month, uncaring workers who speak to residents and new staff appallingly, I would not put my dog here.Management don't listen, too many chiefs, very unorganized absolute shambles of a work place.

Pros

Frequant smoke breaks at night

Cons

uncaring enviroment.

1 October 2021

Underpaid and undervalued

Would not recommend working Cornwall care. The bullying goes unnoticed. Undervalued and underpaid. Support office don't listen to you or take concerns on board.

1 October 2021

Good team and supportive management.

Worked in home care team at St austell for 18 months, clients lovely, supportive team of carers. Manager was fantastic. Paid decent hourly rate per call and more at weekends. Enhanced bank Holidays and Xmas.

Pros

Good team, management and wages

Cons

Too many apps needed on phone.

16 September 2021

Poor

The best way to describe this place is absolutely toxic. Barely any of the staff actually have time for the clients and are completely there to boost their own social life. Half of the staff are sleeping together and even when they are not staff cant help themselves and gossip.Management should be ashamed of the staff members they employ and considered how families would feel should they hear the way their loved ones are spoke to and treated. Never have i worked in a more business orientated company, that doesn't care for the clients or what the staff get up to during working hours.

16 September 2021

Inclusive and growing

This is business that is growing and knows it’s people are at the heart of that. Everyone I know works their absolute hardest to ensure that the people we care get the highest standards of care possible.

Pros

There’s a clear vision for the future

13 July 2021
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review about your experience of working at Cornwall Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornwall Care Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement