Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Sounded great but actually I felt bullied and hassled by my manager ... the job turned out to be something quite different and i left after just a year
A trust very much run for the benefit of the trust rather than the patients. Staff openly racist without consequences as this includes management. Massive prejudice to patients with personality disorders.
Pros
Job for life if you want it.
Cons
over all an ok employer but room for improvement as not very accomodating with changing work hours and help with health conditions but rate of pay is about the national standard.
Pros
good work teams
Cons
long hours, not very accomodating
Even though working for the NHS is a very tough job the community and culture around that is great and promotes great team work among the many employees.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
stressful work
This Care home was beautifully run by owner/Manager, but wages were poor. I stayed for many years but had to leave as wanted a better income. This home is now closed.
Pros
Really good Manager
Cons
Poor wages
Good leadership with support from a wide range of professionals. Staff work hard and some go over and above for their clients and patients passionate about care.
Understaffed to dangerous levels , rota to include days and nights in the same week , unsupportive ward staff and management, An awful company to work for . You will be encouraged to become a mindless drone
Pros
I love working for the NHS, as even though there may not be opportunities with your current role, there are always many opportunities within different Teams, so it is possible to work your way up the career ladder.
The job is fantastic but sometimes difficult to do as well as you would like due to workload and staffing. the patients are who we are all there for and a kind word of thanks make the job very rewarding
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
off duty
Loved interacting with the patients and their families and generally enjoyed doing every job i was given, including the ones that were thought to be tedious like coding questionnaires.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust?
Working under the supervision of a clinical psychologist in a low secure locked unit, I was solely responsible for implementing a new scheme to monitor and record individual risk factors and behaviours identifiable of each client. Identifying risk warnings that a client is becoming unwell enabled staff to intervene and support clients, ultimately reducing the risk and improving the client's experience and care. Daily recording and reporting of such factors also provided evidence to be presented at care plan reviewing and mental health tribunals. As assistant psychologist I was able to administer and report psychological assessments under the supervision of the clinical psychologist. This procedure, combined with one to one psycho-social assessments and reviews led to a deeper understanding of the difficulties each client was facing and how they may have tried to previously manage these. Knowledge of different theories, therapies and intervention techniques also enabled me to engage and support each individual, to empower and encourage more appropriate strategies to manage internal and external conflicts through a person centred approach. Sharing this practice with other colleagues improved the overall service's client focus. I was also encouraged by management staff to provide informal presentations in areas of my own expertise developed through my degree, with colleagues to develop a wider understanding of mental health illness and issues, and to contribute to the development of innovative ways of involving clients in there care.