Cornwallis Care Services

Cornwallis Care Services Employee Reviews

Since starting with the company, I have been able to progress my previous skills as well as being supported to develop new skills. I have had the opportunity to work across the group and have enjoyed all aspects of this.
Constantly short staffed, overworked with no appreciation, disciplined from being exhausted by the workload. Bullied by my manager and other team members are given extra benefits if they are the 'favourites'. Isolated by my team members by instruction of the manager. Tried to rectify this in a professional manner and was sworn at. When going to the company director they appeared to care but didn't do anything about it.Much happier and healthier after finding a nice, fair company to work for.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Management are incapable of their job
Short staffed majority of the time. Not given the resources and staffing levels to look after Residents. Residents neglected when the company is receiving over ÂŁ1000 per week to care for them. Managing Director is a control freak who does not let the Home Managers manage their Homes. If your face does not fit or you have an oppinion you are victimised.
Very good at first but then turned against me, not helpful disappointed not fair on outcome of my employment lost paper work it has now turned me against care work in the future, which is a shame because I loved my work
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Dishonest
Do not work for cornwallis, always messing pay up, no benefits for working with them, some staff and management are just awful and shouldn't be working in or running homes ! No care for staff whatsoever, just all round real bad experience given so much time to this company for absolutely nothing in return. Run the staff they have got to the bone, always short staffed. So stressful! Avoid.
Pros
Contract
Cons
Everything!
Absolutely disgusting company to work for. Staff are clicky and completely ignore you with absolutely no support. Only get noticed when you make a slight mistake and no praise or recognition of a good job being done. Managers very friendly with Seniors so more breaks are given to those they are friends. If the manager doesn’t seem to like you after a few weeks they sack you with pathetic excuses.
There was a culture of institutionalised bullying. The Manager was weak, the Deputy was a safeguarding risk with residents and her behaviour actively encouraged the bullying culture. The Area Manager was aware and chose not to act.
Pros
The wages were above minimum wage
Cons
The job culture was toxic
From the start, two days shadowing hardly existed. Expected to be full hands on from the start. No site tour of the home regardless of where the fire exits were. No introduction to residents or their needs without learning the tablet system which no one seemed willing to show me. Then deliberately given the most challageing residents and mocked for not being able to cope. The old current staff are out for themselves and only work as a team when against new employees, definitely not for the good of the home. They were terribly understaffed and the current staff overall were lazy and would pass the buck quite readily to get out of the not so desirable jobs. I was lucky to sit down for 15 minuets over a 12 hour shift. The residents were great the manager was great also ..... yet lack of management in the evenings allowed standards to slip. Not a pleasant place to work and soon felt un-wanted and dreaded going in after a short period of time. I thought I was employed as a care assistant and soon found out an awful lot of domestic cleaning was involved.I certainly wasn't told I'd be cleaning the kitchens 4 times a week, doing laundry or the lounges? Which was fine but I could of become a cleaner anywhere for the same money and without all the responsibilities of caring for people. Not what I signed up for!
Love working at Hendra, not just a place of employment, a second home.... So many improvements to the home over the years that benefit the residents. Excellent health and well-being activities for the residents. fully supportive manager, excellent job/learning opportunities.
I have worked at Trewidden for 18months now. Everyone made me feel welcome and are very helpful. The team I work with are fantastic. We all help each other. Training I have received is brilliant. Always different courses to do.
The team within this home are fantastic. Everybody supports each other and you can feel the love and care as soon as you walk in. I have been so well supported since arriving here and can’t rate my manager highly enough, she has taught me so much already and she works incredibly hard to achieve all that she can for her residents and her team. The pay rates are fantastic throughout the home and staff are valued and respected. Everybody within the home put so much effort into ensuring that the residents lead person centred, fulfilling and exciting lives and Team Trewidden continue to strive to achieve the best.
Trewidden is a lovely home to work at and the staff are second to none, they care for the residents in the most fantastic way and the residents receive the highest standard of care. The whole team work amazing together and the manager is absolutely fantastic and supportive to all staff. I have worked here for a few months and feel that I was welcomed by all of the team and given great in house training.
I have only worked at trewidden since December but I love my job staff and management are fantastic we all work as a team to give the best care to out clients everyone works together
I've found my experience with Trewidden very fulfilling professionally and personally. Lots of training opportunities and for personal development. The pay rate is very competitive for the industry. Handovers are well structured and informative and held within the senior office in the afternoon and evenings. The care team taking pride in supporting all individuals with care and dignity at all times. I've found the team work throughout the departments within the home very fulfilling they all get on well and work together for the benefit of the home well.
Happily Worked her for a year, Wonderful place to work, nice staff and residents, residents get first class care, it's a first class home with incredible views and a lovely garden.
I have worked at Trewidden for a few months as a care coordinator and I wouldn’t look back. I had a warm welcome from the staff and I was made to feel part of the team straight away. The care that is provided to the service users is excellent and they are always the main focus and priority. Management are easy to approach and they deal with issues that arise very promptly. Charlie
I’ve worked at Cornwallis for nearly 4 years now, it’s a lovely home and the staff are very supportive. Good progression opportunities and great In house training. The staff clearly have compassion for the residents and it’s such a lovely environment to work in. Great management and a great team with great residents!
I have worked at Trewidden for over 2 years. The care that is delivered to the residents is first class. They are always treated with the upmost dignity, respect and kindness. The whole team work seamlessly together and its evidential that they care for each other greatly. The company pay more than of their local competitors, meaning they care about your work life balance.
I heard so many stories before I came for my interview but it's just people trying to ruin it when in actual fact the staff are amazing here. I absolutely love the work, they've made me feel very welcome and nothings too much, if I have a question they give as much help as they can. You wont be disappointed in working with such an amazing team
I have worked with Cornwallis Care for six months and I have enjoyed being a part of the team, not only at the home I work in but with the company as a whole. The home is relaxed and everyone is approachable. I generally look forward to going to work.
Pros
Friendly, Approachable, Career Development
Cons
Having worked for Cornwallis Care Services Ltd since 2019 I can confirm that I have found the company to be nothing but flexible but still maintain a goal of where they wish to be. Management is approachable and fair which helps to promote a good working relationship.