Cornwallis Care Services
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Cornwallis Care Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews

Low morale

More support from management needed. Work colleagues are friendly. Many complaints from staff about the running of the home. Cannot give enough quality time to residents. The home is becoming agency dependant.

Pros

Free lunch available

Cons

Finding time to have your free lunch

Good Employers

Good pay. Clear vision and direction and also your opinions are lsitened to. Throughly enjoy working for the company. Eveyone is there to do a good job

Insights into Cornwallis Care Services

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Friendly team

It is a fast-paced environment but has a friendly team who pull together to achieve day to day tasks as much as possible. We work together well on the whole to provide a safe, caring environment for the elderly

Pros

Free lunches at the moment

Cons

Can be long hours

waste of time

One word AVOID management are a waste of space never listen lucky if they get your pay right then take forever to sort it out staff are worked into the ground how can people be cared for properly if staff are so tired

Avoid

I worked for Cornwallis for 2 years. Staff amazing and exhausted. Never any staff. No incentives. Some staff are too friendly with the CEO. Unprofessional. Don't work here even if you are desperate

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Long hours, unappreciated

Supportive and Involved

Since starting with the company, I have been able to progress my previous skills as well as being supported to develop new skills. I have had the opportunity to work across the group and have enjoyed all aspects of this.

Avoid this company at all costs

Constantly short staffed, overworked with no appreciation, disciplined from being exhausted by the workload. Bullied by my manager and other team members are given extra benefits if they are the 'favourites'. Isolated by my team members by instruction of the manager. Tried to rectify this in a professional manner and was sworn at. When going to the company director they appeared to care but didn't do anything about it.Much happier and healthier after finding a nice, fair company to work for.

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

Management are incapable of their job

Money Orientated

Short staffed majority of the time. Not given the resources and staffing levels to look after Residents. Residents neglected when the company is receiving over £1000 per week to care for them. Managing Director is a control freak who does not let the Home Managers manage their Homes. If your face does not fit or you have an oppinion you are victimised.

No comment

Very good at first but then turned against me, not helpful disappointed not fair on outcome of my employment lost paper work it has now turned me against care work in the future, which is a shame because I loved my work

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Dishonest

Avoid Much better companys to work for.

Do not work for cornwallis, always messing pay up, no benefits for working with them, some staff and management are just awful and shouldn't be working in or running homes ! No care for staff whatsoever, just all round real bad experience given so much time to this company for absolutely nothing in return. Run the staff they have got to the bone, always short staffed. So stressful! Avoid.

Pros

Contract

Cons

Everything!

Awful company

Absolutely disgusting company to work for. Staff are clicky and completely ignore you with absolutely no support. Only get noticed when you make a slight mistake and no praise or recognition of a good job being done. Managers very friendly with Seniors so more breaks are given to those they are friends. If the manager doesn’t seem to like you after a few weeks they sack you with pathetic excuses.

Institutionalised bullying

There was a culture of institutionalised bullying. The Manager was weak, the Deputy was a safeguarding risk with residents and her behaviour actively encouraged the bullying culture. The Area Manager was aware and chose not to act.

Pros

The wages were above minimum wage

Cons

The job culture was toxic

Abusive and not enough guidance or training.

From the start, two days shadowing hardly existed. Expected to be full hands on from the start. No site tour of the home regardless of where the fire exits were. No introduction to residents or their needs without learning the tablet system which no one seemed willing to show me. Then deliberately given the most challageing residents and mocked for not being able to cope. The old current staff are out for themselves and only work as a team when against new employees, definitely not for the good of the home. They were terribly understaffed and the current staff overall were lazy and would pass the buck quite readily to get out of the not so desirable jobs. I was lucky to sit down for 15 minuets over a 12 hour shift. The residents were great the manager was great also ..... yet lack of management in the evenings allowed standards to slip. Not a pleasant place to work and soon felt un-wanted and dreaded going in after a short period of time. I thought I was employed as a care assistant and soon found out an awful lot of domestic cleaning was involved.I certainly wasn't told I'd be cleaning the kitchens 4 times a week, doing laundry or the lounges? Which was fine but I could of become a cleaner anywhere for the same money and without all the responsibilities of caring for people. Not what I signed up for!

Lovely home

Love working at Hendra, not just a place of employment, a second home.... So many improvements to the home over the years that benefit the residents. Excellent health and well-being activities for the residents. fully supportive manager, excellent job/learning opportunities.

I have worked at Trewidden for 18months now. Everyone made me feel welcome and are very helpful. The team I work with are fantastic. We all help each other. Training I have received is brilliant. Always different courses to do.

Such a fantastic company to work for!

The team within this home are fantastic. Everybody supports each other and you can feel the love and care as soon as you walk in. I have been so well supported since arriving here and can’t rate my manager highly enough, she has taught me so much already and she works incredibly hard to achieve all that she can for her residents and her team. The pay rates are fantastic throughout the home and staff are valued and respected. Everybody within the home put so much effort into ensuring that the residents lead person centred, fulfilling and exciting lives and Team Trewidden continue to strive to achieve the best.

Fantastic place to work

Trewidden is a lovely home to work at and the staff are second to none, they care for the residents in the most fantastic way and the residents receive the highest standard of care. The whole team work amazing together and the manager is absolutely fantastic and supportive to all staff. I have worked here for a few months and feel that I was welcomed by all of the team and given great in house training.

Lovely place to work

I have only worked at trewidden since December but I love my job staff and management are fantastic we all work as a team to give the best care to out clients everyone works together

Excellent teams throughout the home

I've found my experience with Trewidden very fulfilling professionally and personally. Lots of training opportunities and for personal development. The pay rate is very competitive for the industry. Handovers are well structured and informative and held within the senior office in the afternoon and evenings. The care team taking pride in supporting all individuals with care and dignity at all times. I've found the team work throughout the departments within the home very fulfilling they all get on well and work together for the benefit of the home well.

Wonderful

Happily Worked her for a year, Wonderful place to work, nice staff and residents, residents get first class care, it's a first class home with incredible views and a lovely garden.

I enjoy working at Trewidden

I have worked at Trewidden for a few months as a care coordinator and I wouldn’t look back. I had a warm welcome from the staff and I was made to feel part of the team straight away. The care that is provided to the service users is excellent and they are always the main focus and priority. Management are easy to approach and they deal with issues that arise very promptly. Charlie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornwallis Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement