Cosine UK

Cosine UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews

productstoremanagerenjoyworkinghourcompanyday

Fun demos staff helpful. Achieved targets

Working in a Sainsburys store demonstrating items. Suggestions how to set up. Stand using a smart phone to send in pictures and log in to job. Fun job canteen plenty to use like a microwave fridge spacious area. Stock sometimes limited so target wasn't acheived so frustrating

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Shifts varied from min of 1 to max of 4 no set rota

Good money when given calls but ad hoc

I had one shift and I was under the impression that I could get decent money each week. The pay for that one shift was great, it worked out at around £13 p/h. However, it's a very unstable job with no promised or stable income. I had one shift and then found out they may not be doing calls in my area until May (first shift was the end of Jan). I can't wait that long with no promise of further hours.

Pros

Good money, fairly easy

Cons

Not stable, no promise of hours (essentially a 0 hours contract)

Insights into Cosine UK

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Great flexible work environment.

Good working environment where your efforts, honesty and dependability is valued. The management have field experience so understand the challenges at the coalface

Pros

Good managers and you get to sell leading products. Good effort is recognised and acknowledged

Cons

Rates could be better but are dependent on the company contracting Cosine.

Stay clear, a very messy company that passes the buck

I didn’t get paid for my work and still chasing my pay, each employee passes the buck and blames another for not getting the pay right.Very disorganised Do not recommend working for this company.

Pros

Fun promo job

Cons

Disorganised Not paid us

Good team

Started off really well. Lots of training, products, team building. After a few months, everything was taken away, unrealistic goals. Head office management would string you along and promise promotions but nothing ever happened. The team were lots of fun, but hardly saw them.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No direction, no bonuses, no discounts, no support from head office

Worst company ever to work for

I would avoid working for these by any means Everything is changed constantly and they make it harder and harder to earn money They don’t treat staff right and always take ages to get a response on anything

Absolutely amazing

After leaving a job due to the coronavirus I was pretty nervous about working for cosine. I had previously had a really bad manager who had destroyed my confidence. But Rich my manager at cosine had absolutely restored my faith in working life. He runs his team firmly but fairly and always encouraging us to do our best. He is so easy to get along with and very trustworthy. No question goes unanswered and he works himself to the bone for us. I'm saddened to leave in desember as I feel at home here. Thank you cosine you rebuilt a person who was in desperate need of it. I will forever be in debt to the team and amazing management!

Pros

Management, pay, care, bonus

Cons

Contracted until December

Swipe left and run!

Should have looked into company more before joining. No consistency and seems to work on assumption you run around like a headless chicken for minimal reward.

Pros

Equipment

Cons

Poor pay, communication, honesty

Excellent company to work for

Excellent company to work for, great support from managers and HR. They only give you very realistic target to achieve . If you have concerns management listens to you and supports you.

Pros

Really supporting management and HR

Cons

Nothing to say

Excellent place to work with a supportive environment and a strong, positive atmosphere. I've really enjoyed my time with Cosine and believe I have developed as both an employee and as an individual.

na

the job was poorly run with very little communication, which added to the stress of an already stressful sales job. The redudancy meeting that i had was poorly organised and seemed very last minute. would not reccomend working for cosine as they do not look after their employees and dont treat them in the correct manner.

Pro-active /Sales

Sampling stands crammed into cages with boxes of Products stored on top. Arrive early to set up the point of sale & thoroughly clean the inside & out side of the stand for health & hygiene. Check for any damage to the stand for safety. If cooking is required add the microwave or halogen oven & extension leads. Consumables etc. Most days are busy depending on the campaign and how popular it is. Purchase ingredients, prepare vegetables, cook ingredients and hand out samples to consumers . Encourage customers to purchase and to make at home. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you sell out of buying stock then move on to the alternative, if this sells out, move onto super alternatives. Rewarding results.

Business Development Executive on Dpd contract

I was employed by Cosine for 3 years, employed on a contract for DPD courier service. I enjoyed working for Cosine at first until they started to employ Area Managers that would do as they are told by Dpd so all blame always got passed on to Cosine employees. This was due to Cosine Management being weak and not being able to express to Dpd the problems that dpd were creating all due to the fact that Cosine were frightened of losing the contract contract.

THis company does not know how to treat its emp-loyees

Having worked for an area manager that I had not seen. I was the subject of rude and offensive language. When I told her I would not work for her the money I was due was stopped. I had to take legal action to get what was mine.

Enjoyable.

Liked working for cosine as the flexibility and various different products to promote made it enjoyable. But they lost the contract with Sainsburys. I loved the support this company provided.

Zero Job Security

Was hired for one day and that was that. Very bad communication between the main office and I. Received payment about 2 months after I worked a shift for them.

Fun Creative place to work

I worked seasonally at cosine I loved it I was a Sampling Ambassador based in Straiton Sainsburys but got to go to other stores around Edinburgh and even Kinross, I made some awesome friends and really enjoyed working for Cosine

Temporary job

Worked on Schwartz account over Christmas period, Full on work over this period but suited my needs, manager really helpful and professional, no major issues

Pros

Professional company

Cons

Short contract

I loved this company

Such a fantastic company to work for. I was working on the LG account and they helped me with progression my whole time I was with them. I would still be there now if it wasn't for redundancies. They are like a family. Very loving and if you need to ring for a chat or to let off steam they are always there to help out

Pros

Such a loving company

Cons

Pay a little on the lower side for the roles

Good company

You get a list of jobs for the contract and you are able to organise your own workload and your day. I learned that I am very organised and efficient. The hardest part of the job was working alone, however it was great to meet lots of different people.

A great business

Cosine is a highly successful business that is riding the industry well despite tough trading conditions. Clients take the priority as Cosine, staff are dedicated and its a fun place to work.

Pros

Convenient

Cons

Pressure on occasions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosine UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement