Cosmo

Cosmo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom100 reviews

It's ok. Wouldn’t go back

The overall experience was okay to begin with when I was there. The manger and senior who were there was very friendly and kind except the chefs as they were very creepy. When it came to the working there it was weird as this place had ‘sections’, buffet cleaning, clearing up plates etc. I didn’t mind this job, however, I do end up cleaning the buffers instead of clearing up plates like the others. There are times when I worked was all day from afternoon to the evening. I had an hour break half way with no food and if I wanted food then I had to pay. It was kind of ridiculous as they treated their youngest like they were peasants and worked the whole day. The times we got ‘staff food’ was sometimes not even worth it. Cause after clearing up and finishing we can eat but by the time we ate our cold.

Pros

The staff

Cons

No food given during shift

Don’t work there, simple as that.

The management treat you like you are inferior to them, as a 16 year old working there I was paid minimum wage and was working more than every other staff and doing every task that was given such as cutlery and plates when they knew I had bad back problems and management told me to suck it up because it’s part of my job. It is disgusting how they treat their staff. DON’T EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IF IT SHOULD EVEN BE ONE. The interview process was not too bad but when they put you on a trial shift they make you do all the work and you don’t get paid for it.

Cons

Liked waiting here and the people were fun

Management was appalling, didn’t care about our well being.You could be crying and they’d expect you to be ready in 5 mins. the people were nice though just not the manager

Pros

Free food at end of shift, 1 hour break

Cons

Standing for long periods, non caring manager

Horrible

Management deserves -5 stars they were the worst. Such a stressful place to work with awful supervisors who told me they didn’t believe under 16s had different working laws. I was 16 and my first ever shift was 10 hours and I wasn’t even paid for it

Pros

Free, stale, cold and leftover buffet food

Cons

Low pay

Easy to get a job here but poor management

When I first started I only had 10 minutes of training given to me, I had no health & safety training and the manager expected a lot from me with only 10 minutes of training knowing full well that it was my first hospitality job and no health & safety rules were in place. Very unprofessional!

Pros

Free meal on site

Cons

Hardly any training given, Minimum wage

Very bad overtime culture

Sadly everybody worked well above their contracted hours and it was as a standard not to leave on time. You would be frown upon if you left on time. The CEO was very moody and you only knew how your day would go once he was in the office.

Pros

Could be friendly

Cons

Long hours and moody management

Avoid

Terrible. You are not valued No training given No health and safety given No benefits to working there Long hours Management are rude and ignorant people that care about nothing but themselves and money. Kitchen is disgusting

Fun

Worked in cosmo for over 6 years. Starting as a waiter, and then working my way up t management. Each managers in each branch ive worked at has been supportive.,

Pros

free lunches

Cons

long shifts

Good Job

Nice Restaurant, Easy Job, Nice People, Respect Each Other, Good Tips, Good Salary, Nice Food, Eat Free for all staff, Cook fresh eat fresh, Nice Cooking

Pros

Eat Free

Good job

I worked for many years at Cosmo .First time i worked betuin 2015-2017 .I can say is a good job ,friendly staff ,heplful management ,verry good and kind Boss .I didn't quit from the job,was the Guvernment witch made the Company to make redundancies .

Cosmo Restaurants Derby

All around an amazing place to work, however because of my age I was only being payed £4.35 an hour which isn’t nearly enough to live on within Derby, however the staff was all incredibly friendly and helpful when I first started there and would often help me if they saw I needed it. On a busy day we would deal with 900 and above customers so working here is very fast pace and the management are always on their toes

Worst place to work for

Management didn't care about people.. We had a zero hour contract.. It was supposed to be flexible for us too.. But if we were refusing to work the hours they were asking for.. We didn't have work anymore. Also.. There was no holiday paid. They were very unfair.. No respect between colleagues.. A lot of discrimination.. Most of the people working there were unprofessional, very rude.. Even manager was always making inappropriate jokes towards girls.

Pros

Cons

Everything was awful

Long hours, little pay, but great people.

The standard full time contract is 46 hours, but you only get paid for 40 hours (voluntary hours are in the contract) so it's hard work for not much financial reward. However, the people there are fantastic, the atmosphere is great, and the job is rewarding. I really enjoyed my time as this company.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Id recomend cosmo as a first job

Great first job to advance my english. Long split shift days but flexible for individual on a 0 hour contract. Minimum wage however you have the opportunity to eat for free after every shift.

Really good

It's really good place to work and I love the atmosphere and people working as a team, as well as the customers you get to encounter each day. It is very rewarding.

Amazing co-workers

Cosmo is a very fast paced work environment, especially on weekends. The staff were amazing to work with and the Supervisor (now assistant manager) was very fair and made sure you were well supported. I would say the hardest part of the job was handling complaints to the satisfaction of the customer and having to explain that the complaint would be passed on to the senior in charge, and that you personally could not to anything about the situation. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and the response from satisfied customers. I do believe the wages could and should be higher.

Could be a lot better

The two bosses are always in some altercation / trouble with customers, as well as just overall rude to their employees. It could be to many reasons, but they just make the work place very uncomfortable to be in.

Productive and fun workplace

Overall fun work, with nice people supportive and helpful, good training, free food was great and drinks, but the pay wasn't good enough which is one of the few downsides.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Very stressful

Horrible

Management is totally unprofessional in every way. No any useful training. No any organizations. Wages are very bad. Too much pressure on the staff , all the time, even if it’s not busy at all. Absolutely not recommend.

Overall my experience in Cosmo restaurant was involved with team work, time management, communication and hard work. Which means there were lots of skills involved wile working there if it is not used efficiently then work would be lot more stressful.

Management team at cosmos have a good communication, they work in the same way, no one works alone there they are always there to help you. A really good help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement