Cosy Club

Cosy Club Employee Reviews in Durham

Management at Cosy Club Durham are belittling and intimidation. Staff are treat like numbers and are shown no appreciation. Many staff left there jobs and were offered contracted hours and were then mislead to sign a zero hour contract online. This was said to be a mistake and would be amended. Trust them not! Breaks are not given and when you ask for a break your made to feel bad. They are terrible with giving holidays and the rota is released 1 day before the commencing week of work. Furthermore, the rota changes regularly during the working week and they expect you to drop everything. If you want a job that you feel you have security, avoid working here.
The Cosy Club is full of energy and such a buzzing place to work. Very quirky with uniform, given an allowance towards this. Nice work balance, happy to help with days off especially if last minute. Really understanding with things happening outside of work. Always boosting staff moral. Great incentives and staff discount.
Hospitality is a hard job. It gets stressful, and fast paced, and coworkers can snap, especially during a new opening. If you work hard, are honest and come forward with problems they will listen and help you resolves issues. It's been the most understanding chain, no, company as a whole, I've worked for at any position. All the staff are a delight, we can have banter but also work hard as a team, without the need of shouting, like a well oiled machine. During my time at Cosy, I've had some personal issues, and the management have gone above and beyond to make sure I felt safe at work, and gave me the time I needed to get back to 100%. There are niggles, it's a new restaurant it happens. But the management have your back if your honest with them. It is also the nicest kitchen team I've worked with. And the uniform is fantastic.
Durham Cosy Club • No breaks •Management terrible • They will cut your hours to nothing if they don’t like you • They expect you to work understaffed to save money. • Hostile work environment • Low staff moral • They tell you if your not finished close down by rota time you will have to stay back without pay!
At first the Job seemed to be great including a lot of benefits, However, I soon began to see the downside of working within the cosy club. After being told in the training days that the company had just the right amount of staff and that they were no the type of company to get extras or to purposely overstaff themselves as they didn't believe that was right, and also being told that we were hired purely on our personality and not on our skill level. Throughout the first two weeks of working there, I was told by the managers themselves that I was working very well and that I was on top of the game, however, this all changed as soon as the restaurant was not as busy. On a none busy day, I was working and there were more than enough people needed on the day so there were not a lot of tasks needed to be done. I was pulled aside by the manager and he said that the reason why my shifts are going to be reduced is that I have gone downhill... as soon as I asked how he replied with the littlest of things that could easily be resolved. they reduced my shifts either way and I felt a strong change in the atmosphere as if they were all not wanting me to be there and also that they were constantly talking about me. The managers would nitpick at every little thing I would do and then shout at me and make me feel uncomfortable as well as useless. It was also clear that they had their favourites and would treat them differently to the people they didn't want there. It got to the point where they would walk past and not ask how I was or how my day was, they would ignore me. We had our - more...