Cosy Club

Cosy Club Employee Reviews for Bartender

No breaks on 10 hour shifts unless it was for the occasional cigarette, no work training, being trained by people who were not available to train someone.
-The laziest managers I have ever come across - no tips if you work the bar -always understaffed and expected to work an incredibly busy service by yourself and get no thanks for it
Pros
Excluding manegment, colleagues are lovely people
Cons
Extremely anti social hours, finishing at 2am and expected to work a full day shift the next day starting from 8am
Management at Cosy Club Durham are belittling and intimidation. Staff are treat like numbers and are shown no appreciation. Many staff left there jobs and were offered contracted hours and were then mislead to sign a zero hour contract online. This was said to be a mistake and would be amended. Trust them not! Breaks are not given and when you ask for a break your made to feel bad. They are terrible with giving holidays and the rota is released 1 day before the commencing week of work. Furthermore, the rota changes regularly during the working week and they expect you to drop everything. If you want a job that you feel you have security, avoid working here.
Durham Cosy Club • No breaks •Management terrible • They will cut your hours to nothing if they don’t like you • They expect you to work understaffed to save money. • Hostile work environment • Low staff moral • They tell you if your not finished close down by rota time you will have to stay back without pay!
Cosy club was a good environment to learn how to serve customers and create cocktails. I would use the job to have personal growth as it is a very busy atmosphere
If you`re a beginner working behind the bar it`s a good place to learn, the bartenders are experienced so you just have to shadow them. You get meals on shift so that is nice.
Pros
free meals, nice coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent shift patterns, stand by shifts, management
The Cosy Club likes to think of itself as quirky. It's not quirky, It's pretentious. I was there for the opening of the Worcester branch and I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it. New recruits were walking around singing in the back corridors but not in a normal way. They were like robots. It all seemed forced. The happiness didn't last long as you can see on how many times they advertise now for new staff. If they really wanted to be quirky then I suggest doing what no other corporate machine does and try looking after your staff. One party in a field every year although fun, doesn't pay the bills.
Pros
They can't make you stay.
Cons
How they have got away with it for so long.
fun place to work, friendly staff and lounge fest in June is always fun to look forward to. Very quirky and managers are very understanding, will miss working there.
Managers are very proud that they are managers. Long hours to work unfortunately with very little tips ratio. False promises for progression with the company just a tricky way to motivate you and overwork you for just as much as every other chain restaurant.
Pros
Cozy environment and freedom with the uniform
Cons
Not worth your time if you have enough experience
Great place to work in if you want a place where you can deliver maximum type of customer service and surpass yourself, but at the end of the day it's a corporation, and when it comes to making a profit, they will cut hours or send you home early if they don't deem you valuable or qualified, and will also overwork you if you're a little too good at your job/jobs. false promises of progress within the company and no sense of belonging somewhere special/bigger whatsoever.
Pros
meals and tips
Cons
long hours and low pay
It was such a lovely bar with great atmosphere and I had the opportunity to be trained as a Mixologist and Barista which was great! what wasn't great was the long hours with no breaks, borderline abusive management, and on my last week i was given 18 hour shifts everyday with no breaks and was shouted at everyday and made to do pretty much everything as other colleagues stood by and watched. I was forced to do shifts on my days off which i wasnt allowed to say no to, i was living off of my tips (if i was lucky enough to get them) as i couldn't even afford rent with the pay. It is always promoted as a quirky bar to work in, theyre all one big family who look after each other. When in reality they just shout at their employees until they cry.
Pros
If you work a certain amount of hours you might get something to eat for free
Cons
Management was horrible and didn't care about their workers, minimum wage, Long, long hours with hardly any breaks.
A typical day at work would include greeting ad making customers feel welcome and guide them to where they wish to go (Restaurant/Bar). This job has taught me how to deal with certain situations with customers and has taught me how to handle tough challenges that may occur such as complaints in a friendly and understanding manner. I am now able to work as a team and as well independently with confidence in the restaurant and bar and as a host I have learnt how to deal with the technological side whilst taking bookings and taking phone calls. Everyone is so friendly and act as a family which makes the job more enjoyable.
Pros
makig customers happy
interesting place to work was amazing when we all started however the atmosphere and staff very quickly dtrastcially declined and left the place a hollow corporate shell with no staff properly trained and those who are , being a word rather not said on here.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, food was horrible as were cowrokers
Working at Cosy Club was exciting due to it being my first job in a bar i started as a bar back and i learnt everything from line cleaning to keeping the bar stocked and properly cleaned i was then moved up to become a bartender due to my people skills.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
Overall it was a good environment to work in with flexible shifts which helped whilst studying at university. I gained valuable teamwork and communication skills working with mostly competent and friendly staff. Management were always approachable and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job would have been working on shifts when we were greatly understaffed. This was not just a reflection on managements choices but working in an industry with unpredictable busy days/ quiet days.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very busy, great fun, amazing team who are really friendly and supportive, plenty of opportunity for training and movement within the company, including going to other sites.