Cosy Club

Cosy Club Employee Reviews for Server

Of course at times it can become stressful managing a large section whilst running drinks and food. But, overall it is a fun workplace, with friendly staff.
You get placed on a 0 hour contract and told it is to benefit you however it means they can go weeks without giving you any hours and then suddenly give you 50+ hours and expect you to work them. Along with this the rotas were published on a sunday for the next day (monday onwards) so you wouldn’t have any advance in rotas. You wouldn’t know if you were working monday until sunday night which made it awfully hard to have any form of life outside of work. I had to find another job due to getting no hours for over a month and only getting work when they called me in to then be told it was a “breach” of my contract having another job and to be dismissed over whatsapp.
Official response from Cosy Club
17 November 2020
Hi- Your experience doesnt sound like our Cosy values so we are sorry that you have experienced less than our best. We would like to follow up on your comments, please contact us on thevoice@loungers.co Many Thanks
Official response from Cosy Club
17 November 2020
Thanks for your review albeit it makes for a very concerning read as this isn’t at all the experience we want for our team. Please contact me via TheVoice@loungers.co. The review is anonymous and from looking at the leaver log for Ipswich we’ve not had any leavers for several months so I’m unable to contact you, thanks and speak soon, Caryn
The Cosy Club is full of energy and such a buzzing place to work. Very quirky with uniform, given an allowance towards this. Nice work balance, happy to help with days off especially if last minute. Really understanding with things happening outside of work. Always boosting staff moral. Great incentives and staff discount.
At first the Job seemed to be great including a lot of benefits, However, I soon began to see the downside of working within the cosy club. After being told in the training days that the company had just the right amount of staff and that they were no the type of company to get extras or to purposely overstaff themselves as they didn't believe that was right, and also being told that we were hired purely on our personality and not on our skill level. Throughout the first two weeks of working there, I was told by the managers themselves that I was working very well and that I was on top of the game, however, this all changed as soon as the restaurant was not as busy. On a none busy day, I was working and there were more than enough people needed on the day so there were not a lot of tasks needed to be done. I was pulled aside by the manager and he said that the reason why my shifts are going to be reduced is that I have gone downhill... as soon as I asked how he replied with the littlest of things that could easily be resolved. they reduced my shifts either way and I felt a strong change in the atmosphere as if they were all not wanting me to be there and also that they were constantly talking about me. The managers would nitpick at every little thing I would do and then shout at me and make me feel uncomfortable as well as useless. It was also clear that they had their favourites and would treat them differently to the people they didn't want there. It got to the point where they would walk past and not ask how I was or how my day was, they would ignore me. We had our - more...
Atmosphere and colleagues made the job fun. The management was disorganised and chaotic, based far too much on the emotions of the management team rather than professionalism. Not enough recognition or chance of progression for part timers. Zero hour contracts, no set breaks
Pros
Free lunch, keep own tips
Cons
No set breaks, zero contract hours
The day was filled with lots and lots of commitment including opening and closing the restaurant. being able to cover other peoples shifts without a problem
Pros
free lunch
I loved working at the Cosy Club. The vibe on the restaurant floor was perfect for laid back drinks or a sit down meal, and it catered for everyone, and the staff are all very friendly.
A typical day at work would involve working with fantastic people and a generally friendly and happy management and kitchen team. Bonuses and incentives were almost always a daily affair. Staff meals were free. There were some extremely long shifts, a couple at 13 hours but not often, with breaks too soon into shift. The shift pattern also did not change after complaints.
Pros
Friendly team, free meals, regular incentives
Cons
Occasional long shifts with misplaced breaks
very very high stress envrionment. Required to wait on many customers including large parties for hendo's or stag nights. Alone, most of the time. Very short staffed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks unless smoking
Lovely staff to work alongside Well paid Kind clientele Worst part - poor notice of work rota - given rota on Sunday for the forthcoming week. Best part - making a customers experience the best it could be and being complimented for excellent service
management are good, very understanding and kind. It is fast paced & hard work but it is also incredibly rewarding, and the diversity of customers makes everyday very interesting.