Cosy Club

Cosy Club Employee Reviews

No breaks on 10 hour shifts unless it was for the occasional cigarette, no work training, being trained by people who were not available to train someone.
You get placed on a 0 hour contract and told it is to benefit you however it means they can go weeks without giving you any hours and then suddenly give you 50+ hours and expect you to work them. Along with this the rotas were published on a sunday for the next day (monday onwards) so you wouldn’t have any advance in rotas. You wouldn’t know if you were working monday until sunday night which made it awfully hard to have any form of life outside of work. I had to find another job due to getting no hours for over a month and only getting work when they called me in to then be told it was a “breach” of my contract having another job and to be dismissed over whatsapp.
17 November 2020
Hi- Your experience doesnt sound like our Cosy values so we are sorry that you have experienced less than our best. We would like to follow up on your comments, please contact us on thevoice@loungers.co Many Thanks
17 November 2020
Thanks for your review albeit it makes for a very concerning read as this isn’t at all the experience we want for our team. Please contact me via TheVoice@loungers.co. The review is anonymous and from looking at the leaver log for Ipswich we’ve not had any leavers for several months so I’m unable to contact you, thanks and speak soon, Caryn
Bad environmentBad companyVery rude.............
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
kitchen team was solid but problems with upper management resulted on me parting ways with the company. having to chase up missing hours my pay, hours getting unfairly cut with no prior warning.final straw I was "mistakingly" sent my P45 whilst on holiday instead of a pay slip
Pros
It a job
Cons
Mangement are very unprofessional
Great culture, great staff, structured, great pay and amazing career opportunities. Training is excellent with constant on site and off site training available.
I really enjoyed working for cosy club , I just wish I was a little more serious about my job whilst I was working there , I had my home and a great job. I ended up really regretting leaving after Christmas was over.
I’ve worked in a few bars and there is no other like this. The clientele’s friendly, the staff are all friendly and kind! The company cares about its employees and progresses you for your ability not your age or gender! I’ve worked in many sites and they’re the same across the board, amazing!
Job was fine and should not have been an issue, most of the staff where fantastic and hardworking doing their best to keep the venue running despite the actions of the GM making the job impossible, constant staff turnover, worst person i have had the displeasure of working with.
You can meet there many different people who help you grow and develop . They also provide lot of different curses to help you to build skills and how to build great team ...
Not a good place to work get abused verbally just sunch a bad place you have one day off and I'll punish you from 9-weeks with one shift a week the head chef well treat you like a dog
Really great company fast paced but enjoyable. Management very good every member of staff really approachable. Excellent working conditions, great working benefits, good opportunities for progression.
I will never ever take a job for this company even for just a minute trust me! Bad management, no respect to the chefs at all. Salary not worth it and every pay day couples of the employees miss money on their pay lots of complain and nothing never sort out. Just run off if you hear the name of cosy club
11 February 2020
Hi, We do read every comment and follow up as we are committed to learning and improving our team experience when working with us. We are always happy to continue to discuss points raised if this is some thing that you want to follow up- this would be via thevoice@loungers.coPlease be assured that your points have been heard and we appreciate/ your feedback.
Work temporarily at Cosy Club, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The work was very bust and was on my feet a lot, but it was a very enjoyable experience.
11 February 2020
Hiya - thank you for taking the time to write a review. Pleased that you had a good time with us at Cosy Club for the festive season!
It is very busy in festival I have learned many stuff here. I got this without experience but I have achieved so many experiences and knowledge. I really love to make food there.
-The laziest managers I have ever come across - no tips if you work the bar -always understaffed and expected to work an incredibly busy service by yourself and get no thanks for it
Pros
Excluding manegment, colleagues are lovely people
Cons
Extremely anti social hours, finishing at 2am and expected to work a full day shift the next day starting from 8am
Management at Cosy Club Durham are belittling and intimidation. Staff are treat like numbers and are shown no appreciation. Many staff left there jobs and were offered contracted hours and were then mislead to sign a zero hour contract online. This was said to be a mistake and would be amended. Trust them not! Breaks are not given and when you ask for a break your made to feel bad. They are terrible with giving holidays and the rota is released 1 day before the commencing week of work. Furthermore, the rota changes regularly during the working week and they expect you to drop everything. If you want a job that you feel you have security, avoid working here.
The Cosy Club is full of energy and such a buzzing place to work. Very quirky with uniform, given an allowance towards this. Nice work balance, happy to help with days off especially if last minute. Really understanding with things happening outside of work. Always boosting staff moral. Great incentives and staff discount.
Hospitality is a hard job. It gets stressful, and fast paced, and coworkers can snap, especially during a new opening. If you work hard, are honest and come forward with problems they will listen and help you resolves issues. It's been the most understanding chain, no, company as a whole, I've worked for at any position. All the staff are a delight, we can have banter but also work hard as a team, without the need of shouting, like a well oiled machine. During my time at Cosy, I've had some personal issues, and the management have gone above and beyond to make sure I felt safe at work, and gave me the time I needed to get back to 100%. There are niggles, it's a new restaurant it happens. But the management have your back if your honest with them. It is also the nicest kitchen team I've worked with. And the uniform is fantastic.
The team I worked with was amazing, and I can not fault them at all. Everyone in the kitchen pulled together matter how short staffed. We would work ourselves to the bone for each other. However as this is a chain company there is a lot of manage outside of the individual site, they DO NOT care about the individual workers, you will be a number to them. If your are paid hourly then great it's amazing, but salary staff are expected to work WAY over there contracted hours and not get paid for this, I was unable to have anymore of life outside of work whilst working with the cosy club.
Of course at times it can become stressful managing a large section whilst running drinks and food. But, overall it is a fun workplace, with friendly staff.
Durham Cosy Club • No breaks •Management terrible • They will cut your hours to nothing if they don’t like you • They expect you to work understaffed to save money. • Hostile work environment • Low staff moral • They tell you if your not finished close down by rota time you will have to stay back without pay!
  1. Employee reviews