Cosy Club

Cosy Club Job security & advancement reviews

It is very busy in festival I have learned many stuff here. I got this without experience but I have achieved so many experiences and knowledge. I really love to make food there.
You get placed on a 0 hour contract and told it is to benefit you however it means they can go weeks without giving you any hours and then suddenly give you 50+ hours and expect you to work them. Along with this the rotas were published on a sunday for the next day (monday onwards) so you wouldn’t have any advance in rotas. You wouldn’t know if you were working monday until sunday night which made it awfully hard to have any form of life outside of work. I had to find another job due to getting no hours for over a month and only getting work when they called me in to then be told it was a “breach” of my contract having another job and to be dismissed over whatsapp.
Official response from Cosy Club
17 November 2020
Hi- Your experience doesnt sound like our Cosy values so we are sorry that you have experienced less than our best. We would like to follow up on your comments, please contact us on thevoice@loungers.co Many Thanks
Official response from Cosy Club
17 November 2020
Thanks for your review albeit it makes for a very concerning read as this isn’t at all the experience we want for our team. Please contact me via TheVoice@loungers.co. The review is anonymous and from looking at the leaver log for Ipswich we’ve not had any leavers for several months so I’m unable to contact you, thanks and speak soon, Caryn
Great culture, great staff, structured, great pay and amazing career opportunities. Training is excellent with constant on site and off site training available.
You can meet there many different people who help you grow and develop . They also provide lot of different curses to help you to build skills and how to build great team ...
Really great company fast paced but enjoyable. Management very good every member of staff really approachable. Excellent working conditions, great working benefits, good opportunities for progression.
Cosy club was a good environment to learn how to serve customers and create cocktails. I would use the job to have personal growth as it is a very busy atmosphere
This is a good place to learn to be a proper chef pay is good and the running of the business is good I just wanted to move on if I didn’t find the job I got now I would have stayed here
At first the Job seemed to be great including a lot of benefits, However, I soon began to see the downside of working within the cosy club. After being told in the training days that the company had just the right amount of staff and that they were no the type of company to get extras or to purposely overstaff themselves as they didn't believe that was right, and also being told that we were hired purely on our personality and not on our skill level. Throughout the first two weeks of working there, I was told by the managers themselves that I was working very well and that I was on top of the game, however, this all changed as soon as the restaurant was not as busy. On a none busy day, I was working and there were more than enough people needed on the day so there were not a lot of tasks needed to be done. I was pulled aside by the manager and he said that the reason why my shifts are going to be reduced is that I have gone downhill... as soon as I asked how he replied with the littlest of things that could easily be resolved. they reduced my shifts either way and I felt a strong change in the atmosphere as if they were all not wanting me to be there and also that they were constantly talking about me. The managers would nitpick at every little thing I would do and then shout at me and make me feel uncomfortable as well as useless. It was also clear that they had their favourites and would treat them differently to the people they didn't want there. It got to the point where they would walk past and not ask how I was or how my day was, they would ignore me. We had our - more...
Love to company so much! I would go back in a heartbeat... just not to a site with that particular GM. Extremely passive aggressive, rude and swore at staff.
As you expect in the hospitality industry. Little work/life balance with potentially long hours. You get out of it what you put in but often progression isn't likely.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cosy Club?
please all i want to do is find new dogs and cuddle them until forever! i dont think my past matters at all in this especially my past work experience.
Working at Cosy Club was exciting due to it being my first job in a bar i started as a bar back and i learnt everything from line cleaning to keeping the bar stocked and properly cleaned i was then moved up to become a bartender due to my people skills.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
this is a great company to work for with a very open minded company which is very up to date with the trends of the catering industry. i can recommend this company to the kind of person who is willing to climb the carrier ladder.
Pros
free food, good incentives
Cons
Very busy, great fun, amazing team who are really friendly and supportive, plenty of opportunity for training and movement within the company, including going to other sites.