Cosy Club

Cosy Club Management reviews

kitchen team was solid but problems with upper management resulted on me parting ways with the company. having to chase up missing hours my pay, hours getting unfairly cut with no prior warning.final straw I was "mistakingly" sent my P45 whilst on holiday instead of a pay slip
Pros
It a job
Cons
Mangement are very unprofessional
Job was fine and should not have been an issue, most of the staff where fantastic and hardworking doing their best to keep the venue running despite the actions of the GM making the job impossible, constant staff turnover, worst person i have had the displeasure of working with.
Not a good place to work get abused verbally just sunch a bad place you have one day off and I'll punish you from 9-weeks with one shift a week the head chef well treat you like a dog
Really great company fast paced but enjoyable. Management very good every member of staff really approachable. Excellent working conditions, great working benefits, good opportunities for progression.
I will never ever take a job for this company even for just a minute trust me! Bad management, no respect to the chefs at all. Salary not worth it and every pay day couples of the employees miss money on their pay lots of complain and nothing never sort out. Just run off if you hear the name of cosy club
Official response from Cosy Club
11 February 2020
Hi, We do read every comment and follow up as we are committed to learning and improving our team experience when working with us. We are always happy to continue to discuss points raised if this is some thing that you want to follow up- this would be via thevoice@loungers.coPlease be assured that your points have been heard and we appreciate/ your feedback.
Management at Cosy Club Durham are belittling and intimidation. Staff are treat like numbers and are shown no appreciation. Many staff left there jobs and were offered contracted hours and were then mislead to sign a zero hour contract online. This was said to be a mistake and would be amended. Trust them not! Breaks are not given and when you ask for a break your made to feel bad. They are terrible with giving holidays and the rota is released 1 day before the commencing week of work. Furthermore, the rota changes regularly during the working week and they expect you to drop everything. If you want a job that you feel you have security, avoid working here.
Hospitality is a hard job. It gets stressful, and fast paced, and coworkers can snap, especially during a new opening. If you work hard, are honest and come forward with problems they will listen and help you resolves issues. It's been the most understanding chain, no, company as a whole, I've worked for at any position. All the staff are a delight, we can have banter but also work hard as a team, without the need of shouting, like a well oiled machine. During my time at Cosy, I've had some personal issues, and the management have gone above and beyond to make sure I felt safe at work, and gave me the time I needed to get back to 100%. There are niggles, it's a new restaurant it happens. But the management have your back if your honest with them. It is also the nicest kitchen team I've worked with. And the uniform is fantastic.
Durham Cosy Club • No breaks •Management terrible • They will cut your hours to nothing if they don’t like you • They expect you to work understaffed to save money. • Hostile work environment • Low staff moral • They tell you if your not finished close down by rota time you will have to stay back without pay!
There was areally good place to work and very good team. I have learned much much more about cooking prepping and other things than job before. Was really good management . Full time of hours never change. Was good really really GOOD there...
If you`re a beginner working behind the bar it`s a good place to learn, the bartenders are experienced so you just have to shadow them. You get meals on shift so that is nice.
Pros
free meals, nice coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent shift patterns, stand by shifts, management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cosy Club?
Atmosphere and colleagues made the job fun. The management was disorganised and chaotic, based far too much on the emotions of the management team rather than professionalism. Not enough recognition or chance of progression for part timers. Zero hour contracts, no set breaks
Pros
Free lunch, keep own tips
Cons
No set breaks, zero contract hours
Love to company so much! I would go back in a heartbeat... just not to a site with that particular GM. Extremely passive aggressive, rude and swore at staff.
Amazing management, supportive staff. Great company to work for. Always willing to help with holidays and or sickness. If you work hard and show loyalty to the company it will be rewarded.
Managers are very proud that they are managers. Long hours to work unfortunately with very little tips ratio. False promises for progression with the company just a tricky way to motivate you and overwork you for just as much as every other chain restaurant.
Pros
Cozy environment and freedom with the uniform
Cons
Not worth your time if you have enough experience
It was such a lovely bar with great atmosphere and I had the opportunity to be trained as a Mixologist and Barista which was great! what wasn't great was the long hours with no breaks, borderline abusive management, and on my last week i was given 18 hour shifts everyday with no breaks and was shouted at everyday and made to do pretty much everything as other colleagues stood by and watched. I was forced to do shifts on my days off which i wasnt allowed to say no to, i was living off of my tips (if i was lucky enough to get them) as i couldn't even afford rent with the pay. It is always promoted as a quirky bar to work in, theyre all one big family who look after each other. When in reality they just shout at their employees until they cry.
Pros
If you work a certain amount of hours you might get something to eat for free
Cons
Management was horrible and didn't care about their workers, minimum wage, Long, long hours with hardly any breaks.
A typical day at work would involve working with fantastic people and a generally friendly and happy management and kitchen team. Bonuses and incentives were almost always a daily affair. Staff meals were free. There were some extremely long shifts, a couple at 13 hours but not often, with breaks too soon into shift. The shift pattern also did not change after complaints.
Pros
Friendly team, free meals, regular incentives
Cons
Occasional long shifts with misplaced breaks
management are good, very understanding and kind. It is fast paced & hard work but it is also incredibly rewarding, and the diversity of customers makes everyday very interesting.
Overall it was a good environment to work in with flexible shifts which helped whilst studying at university. I gained valuable teamwork and communication skills working with mostly competent and friendly staff. Management were always approachable and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job would have been working on shifts when we were greatly understaffed. This was not just a reflection on managements choices but working in an industry with unpredictable busy days/ quiet days.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Was a fun workplace at times but change in customer volume meant hours could be cut at any point. Also, lack of communication from FOH to BOH about bookings and changes.
Pros
Staff lunches, co workers, progression
Cons
Unreliable hours, very long breaks (Not split shifts), Organisation, Communication
very busy place to work but also very difficult , the head chef is a nightmare to work for and because of this the staff turnover is very high , whilst I have been there 7 chefs have come and gone