Cosy Club

Cosy Club Pay & benefits reviews

The team I worked with was amazing, and I can not fault them at all. Everyone in the kitchen pulled together matter how short staffed. We would work ourselves to the bone for each other. However as this is a chain company there is a lot of manage outside of the individual site, they DO NOT care about the individual workers, you will be a number to them. If your are paid hourly then great it's amazing, but salary staff are expected to work WAY over there contracted hours and not get paid for this, I was unable to have anymore of life outside of work whilst working with the cosy club.
Really great company fast paced but enjoyable. Management very good every member of staff really approachable. Excellent working conditions, great working benefits, good opportunities for progression.
I will never ever take a job for this company even for just a minute trust me! Bad management, no respect to the chefs at all. Salary not worth it and every pay day couples of the employees miss money on their pay lots of complain and nothing never sort out. Just run off if you hear the name of cosy club
Official response from Cosy Club
11 February 2020
Hi, We do read every comment and follow up as we are committed to learning and improving our team experience when working with us. We are always happy to continue to discuss points raised if this is some thing that you want to follow up- this would be via thevoice@loungers.coPlease be assured that your points have been heard and we appreciate/ your feedback.
Durham Cosy Club • No breaks •Management terrible • They will cut your hours to nothing if they don’t like you • They expect you to work understaffed to save money. • Hostile work environment • Low staff moral • They tell you if your not finished close down by rota time you will have to stay back without pay!
Working for The Cosy Club is the best experience I've had working in a kitchen and the team I worked with. A good workplace culture to work for if you're looking to be in a kitchen.
Pros
Free Lunches/Good Pay!
At first the Job seemed to be great including a lot of benefits, However, I soon began to see the downside of working within the cosy club. After being told in the training days that the company had just the right amount of staff and that they were no the type of company to get extras or to purposely overstaff themselves as they didn't believe that was right, and also being told that we were hired purely on our personality and not on our skill level. Throughout the first two weeks of working there, I was told by the managers themselves that I was working very well and that I was on top of the game, however, this all changed as soon as the restaurant was not as busy. On a none busy day, I was working and there were more than enough people needed on the day so there were not a lot of tasks needed to be done. I was pulled aside by the manager and he said that the reason why my shifts are going to be reduced is that I have gone downhill... as soon as I asked how he replied with the littlest of things that could easily be resolved. they reduced my shifts either way and I felt a strong change in the atmosphere as if they were all not wanting me to be there and also that they were constantly talking about me. The managers would nitpick at every little thing I would do and then shout at me and make me feel uncomfortable as well as useless. It was also clear that they had their favourites and would treat them differently to the people they didn't want there. It got to the point where they would walk past and not ask how I was or how my day was, they would ignore me. We had our - more...
Working at Cosy Club, I have met some of the most amazing people, it is such a diverse work environment. There isn't a day that goes by where i am not having a laugh whether that be with colleagues or customers! It has given me many opportunities to learn things about myself and other people/cultures/allergens etc.
Pros
Free lunch!!
Cons
Long hours minimum pay
Atmosphere and colleagues made the job fun. The management was disorganised and chaotic, based far too much on the emotions of the management team rather than professionalism. Not enough recognition or chance of progression for part timers. Zero hour contracts, no set breaks
Pros
Free lunch, keep own tips
Cons
No set breaks, zero contract hours
Managers are very proud that they are managers. Long hours to work unfortunately with very little tips ratio. False promises for progression with the company just a tricky way to motivate you and overwork you for just as much as every other chain restaurant.
Pros
Cozy environment and freedom with the uniform
Cons
Not worth your time if you have enough experience
It was such a lovely bar with great atmosphere and I had the opportunity to be trained as a Mixologist and Barista which was great! what wasn't great was the long hours with no breaks, borderline abusive management, and on my last week i was given 18 hour shifts everyday with no breaks and was shouted at everyday and made to do pretty much everything as other colleagues stood by and watched. I was forced to do shifts on my days off which i wasnt allowed to say no to, i was living off of my tips (if i was lucky enough to get them) as i couldn't even afford rent with the pay. It is always promoted as a quirky bar to work in, theyre all one big family who look after each other. When in reality they just shout at their employees until they cry.
Pros
If you work a certain amount of hours you might get something to eat for free
Cons
Management was horrible and didn't care about their workers, minimum wage, Long, long hours with hardly any breaks.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cosy Club?
A typical day at work would involve working with fantastic people and a generally friendly and happy management and kitchen team. Bonuses and incentives were almost always a daily affair. Staff meals were free. There were some extremely long shifts, a couple at 13 hours but not often, with breaks too soon into shift. The shift pattern also did not change after complaints.
Pros
Friendly team, free meals, regular incentives
Cons
Occasional long shifts with misplaced breaks
very very high stress envrionment. Required to wait on many customers including large parties for hendo's or stag nights. Alone, most of the time. Very short staffed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks unless smoking
While working at cosy club i learnt a lot about cocktails and different spirits. All areas of the staff worked closely together making a strong work friendship.
Pros
free lunches, annual festival for all workers
Cons
fight for hours
Was a fun workplace at times but change in customer volume meant hours could be cut at any point. Also, lack of communication from FOH to BOH about bookings and changes.
Pros
Staff lunches, co workers, progression
Cons
Unreliable hours, very long breaks (Not split shifts), Organisation, Communication
Badly managed, can't keep track of pay with you, got underpaid 3 months in a row, and the only time i actually got all my money I was owed was when I left and said I wanted my money or I'll take them to court.Co-workers are great there, the kitchen staff are great people and I love them to bits!I did learn a lot there but working 8 or 10 am til 11pm is to long a day!
Cons
long hours, underpaid.