Cosy Club

Cosy Club Work-life balance reviews

Working at Cosy Club, I have met some of the most amazing people, it is such a diverse work environment. There isn't a day that goes by where i am not having a laugh whether that be with colleagues or customers! It has given me many opportunities to learn things about myself and other people/cultures/allergens etc.
Pros
Free lunch!!
Cons
Long hours minimum pay
You get placed on a 0 hour contract and told it is to benefit you however it means they can go weeks without giving you any hours and then suddenly give you 50+ hours and expect you to work them. Along with this the rotas were published on a sunday for the next day (monday onwards) so you wouldn’t have any advance in rotas. You wouldn’t know if you were working monday until sunday night which made it awfully hard to have any form of life outside of work. I had to find another job due to getting no hours for over a month and only getting work when they called me in to then be told it was a “breach” of my contract having another job and to be dismissed over whatsapp.
Official response from Cosy Club
17 November 2020
Hi- Your experience doesnt sound like our Cosy values so we are sorry that you have experienced less than our best. We would like to follow up on your comments, please contact us on thevoice@loungers.co Many Thanks
Official response from Cosy Club
17 November 2020
Thanks for your review albeit it makes for a very concerning read as this isn’t at all the experience we want for our team. Please contact me via TheVoice@loungers.co. The review is anonymous and from looking at the leaver log for Ipswich we’ve not had any leavers for several months so I’m unable to contact you, thanks and speak soon, Caryn
Great culture, great staff, structured, great pay and amazing career opportunities. Training is excellent with constant on site and off site training available.
Really great company fast paced but enjoyable. Management very good every member of staff really approachable. Excellent working conditions, great working benefits, good opportunities for progression.
-The laziest managers I have ever come across - no tips if you work the bar -always understaffed and expected to work an incredibly busy service by yourself and get no thanks for it
Pros
Excluding manegment, colleagues are lovely people
Cons
Extremely anti social hours, finishing at 2am and expected to work a full day shift the next day starting from 8am
The Cosy Club is full of energy and such a buzzing place to work. Very quirky with uniform, given an allowance towards this. Nice work balance, happy to help with days off especially if last minute. Really understanding with things happening outside of work. Always boosting staff moral. Great incentives and staff discount.
Hospitality is a hard job. It gets stressful, and fast paced, and coworkers can snap, especially during a new opening. If you work hard, are honest and come forward with problems they will listen and help you resolves issues. It's been the most understanding chain, no, company as a whole, I've worked for at any position. All the staff are a delight, we can have banter but also work hard as a team, without the need of shouting, like a well oiled machine. During my time at Cosy, I've had some personal issues, and the management have gone above and beyond to make sure I felt safe at work, and gave me the time I needed to get back to 100%. There are niggles, it's a new restaurant it happens. But the management have your back if your honest with them. It is also the nicest kitchen team I've worked with. And the uniform is fantastic.
At first the Job seemed to be great including a lot of benefits, However, I soon began to see the downside of working within the cosy club. After being told in the training days that the company had just the right amount of staff and that they were no the type of company to get extras or to purposely overstaff themselves as they didn't believe that was right, and also being told that we were hired purely on our personality and not on our skill level. Throughout the first two weeks of working there, I was told by the managers themselves that I was working very well and that I was on top of the game, however, this all changed as soon as the restaurant was not as busy. On a none busy day, I was working and there were more than enough people needed on the day so there were not a lot of tasks needed to be done. I was pulled aside by the manager and he said that the reason why my shifts are going to be reduced is that I have gone downhill... as soon as I asked how he replied with the littlest of things that could easily be resolved. they reduced my shifts either way and I felt a strong change in the atmosphere as if they were all not wanting me to be there and also that they were constantly talking about me. The managers would nitpick at every little thing I would do and then shout at me and make me feel uncomfortable as well as useless. It was also clear that they had their favourites and would treat them differently to the people they didn't want there. It got to the point where they would walk past and not ask how I was or how my day was, they would ignore me. We had our - more...
The atmosphere my work colleagues gave was amazing, we all had our strict times when appropriate and busy. But we also had our tined when we could have a laugh and a joke, and also listen to music. We all worked well as a team to make sure everything went successful
I work as a kitchen porter at cosy club brilliant place to work best food and love who I work with splendid and it is a happy place to come in and have some lovely food and a drink
Pros
Free food
Cons
Amazing management, supportive staff. Great company to work for. Always willing to help with holidays and or sickness. If you work hard and show loyalty to the company it will be rewarded.
Worked there a month and on my first week already when I asked how to do ''x'', the answer was always, read the spec. It should be someone who shows you how to do it, cause ain't the same what the spec says with the quickest or best way to do it. Not only about the recipe but also, if someone has nothing to do instead of helping was more like '' I do my section u do yours'' Too many hours 9 am till 11 every day with only 1 hour break, but while working on my first week I've seen myself being told all the time do this, now this , now this and when resting 5 seconds being told ''now we clean'' ''now put dates on'' ''clean again'' the funny thing is the same person who says that is doing nothing. People who just started and was working since less than a month we were helping each other but the ones who worked longer and supposedly should train you did nothing lol.
Cons
bad team . 48 hours week contract but doing 55 normally and not even respect or thanks that
As you expect in the hospitality industry. Little work/life balance with potentially long hours. You get out of it what you put in but often progression isn't likely.
Managers are very proud that they are managers. Long hours to work unfortunately with very little tips ratio. False promises for progression with the company just a tricky way to motivate you and overwork you for just as much as every other chain restaurant.
Pros
Cozy environment and freedom with the uniform
Cons
Not worth your time if you have enough experience
Great place to work in if you want a place where you can deliver maximum type of customer service and surpass yourself, but at the end of the day it's a corporation, and when it comes to making a profit, they will cut hours or send you home early if they don't deem you valuable or qualified, and will also overwork you if you're a little too good at your job/jobs. false promises of progress within the company and no sense of belonging somewhere special/bigger whatsoever.
Pros
meals and tips
Cons
long hours and low pay
It was such a lovely bar with great atmosphere and I had the opportunity to be trained as a Mixologist and Barista which was great! what wasn't great was the long hours with no breaks, borderline abusive management, and on my last week i was given 18 hour shifts everyday with no breaks and was shouted at everyday and made to do pretty much everything as other colleagues stood by and watched. I was forced to do shifts on my days off which i wasnt allowed to say no to, i was living off of my tips (if i was lucky enough to get them) as i couldn't even afford rent with the pay. It is always promoted as a quirky bar to work in, theyre all one big family who look after each other. When in reality they just shout at their employees until they cry.
Pros
If you work a certain amount of hours you might get something to eat for free
Cons
Management was horrible and didn't care about their workers, minimum wage, Long, long hours with hardly any breaks.
interesting place to work was amazing when we all started however the atmosphere and staff very quickly dtrastcially declined and left the place a hollow corporate shell with no staff properly trained and those who are , being a word rather not said on here.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, food was horrible as were cowrokers
please all i want to do is find new dogs and cuddle them until forever! i dont think my past matters at all in this especially my past work experience.
Working at Cosy Club was exciting due to it being my first job in a bar i started as a bar back and i learnt everything from line cleaning to keeping the bar stocked and properly cleaned i was then moved up to become a bartender due to my people skills.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
this is a great company to work for with a very open minded company which is very up to date with the trends of the catering industry. i can recommend this company to the kind of person who is willing to climb the carrier ladder.
Pros
free food, good incentives
Cons
Overall it was a good environment to work in with flexible shifts which helped whilst studying at university. I gained valuable teamwork and communication skills working with mostly competent and friendly staff. Management were always approachable and easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job would have been working on shifts when we were greatly understaffed. This was not just a reflection on managements choices but working in an industry with unpredictable busy days/ quiet days.
Pros
Free lunches