Cote Restaurants
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Cote Restaurants Employee Reviews

United Kingdom225 reviews

Great place to work with great pay and work benefits too

A very good place to work, particularly if you are hoping to progress in the service industry. They were extremely accommodating with my studies and education with some managers and members of staff making extra efforts to help me feel included and aid my development. Long hours but very rewarding.

Es como estar en el ejército. Pero en vez de armas tienes platos

Cote es un excelente restaurante. Precios muy competitivos a muy buen precio y siempre en lugares emblemáticos. Los camareros son entrenados hasta límites increíbles. Todo está estructurado por un protocolo. Cuando digo todo. Es TODO.La comida es buenísima y empezaré diciendo que te dan de comer en todos los turnos.El sueldo es competitivo muy bueno.En el título dije como el ejército y me quede corto.Tienes exámenes a diario. Has de conocer los platos como tu mano. Cosa que esta muy bien porque evita que hagas el ridículo si un cliente exigente te viene con las preguntas pertinentes e impertinentes también. Mi experiencia no fue agradable porque yo tampoco daba la talla. No me gusta que me estén encima y me digan como tengo que pensar y responder. Soy más natural y me centro más en que el cliente esté bien antes de pegarle el rollo de los elementos de los que está construido el plato y vender por vender. Yo voy más a la parte humana del negocio. No por ello diré que sea un mal sitio porque no lo es. Si tu eres una persona maniática y competitiva. Con un alto grado de tolerancia al estrés porque créeme que esos restaurantes se llenan como no puedes ni llegar a imaginarte. Eres muy organizado y preciso. Con una memoria fotográfica y coraje. En este lugar vas a sentirte bien. Si por el contrario no lo eres no vayas porque lo pasarás mal tu y tus compañeros. Tiene más ventajas y te cuidan .Yo pasaba por una etapa de mi vida mala y no di la talla pero me fui como amigo y con un gran cariño por las personas que trabajaron conmigo. Incluso con quien tuvo que despedirme. -

Insights into Cote Restaurants

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

good

Great company to work for with plenty of opportunities to progress as well as lots of training chances. The pay is excellent and all staff are great.It's a quite demanding job and is very busy but wouldn't have it any other way.

Great company with great progressions

Great company to work for with plenty of opportunities to progress as well as lots of training chances. The pay is excellent and all staff are great. It's a quite demanding job and is very busy but wouldn't have it any other way.

Pros

Free food, pay, staff discount

Cons

Long hours, rota given week in advancs

Harsh environment

It was hard to balance personal life and work. It was good at first but it requires a lot of sacrifice for the money you get.

Really disappointing..

I was so excited to join Cote. The food is great, and it's a reputable brand. I won't brandish every site with the same brush, but unfortunately working at this particular restaurant was one of the most soul destroying and depressing things I've ever done. Absolutely zero guidance from management to train and learn, and extremely unprofessional behaviour at times in the kitchen. Work life balance was non existent, and my confidence/motivation was hit hugely by the lack of support from the team.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Rotas published last minute on a Sunday for the next week, average 60-70 hours a week, zero support or guidance

Fun

Great team- good fun after work. Staff parties twice per year. Staff food coffee and some drinks free for staff.Late shifts, busy weekends and summer. Lack support from management

Pros

Free staff food

Cons

Long and late shifts

Days are so busy that you don't know where to put your had in. Good culture of food

Fast hard work place kitchen are very small fridges as well. A lot of things to do.Food is nice sometimes silly. A lot of chefs are from different backgrounds sometimes not even chefs.Pay is good

Pros

Free food on shifts

Cons

No space in fridges Shoe box kitchens

Interesting Company

The co-workers are great to work with.The management do try their best to assist you in whatever you need.Note: you will be asked to move around to their multiple branches/sites if needed to support, most likely near your restaurant of employment. All I can actually say, try it and see if you like it.. 🤞🏻

Pros

Meet a variety of cultures, Work life balance is literally 50/50, Tronc System 50/50

Cons

Contracts aren't what they portray, Tronc System, Long Hours, Hourly Rate 😤

Very busy place

Côte Brasserie; they have many restaurants, most of them are big and usually very busy. I’ve worked for them for more than 5 years, in various branches across the country. I’ve learned a lot in the beginning of my career, I’ve received good training.

Pros

Fun and professional team, free staff food, staff drinks

Cons

If the site is understaffed (often) then you’ll have no life apart of work and you never can be sure, when can you take your break-time during a long, 12-13 hrs shift

One of the best hospitality companies to work for.

The best part of this job is having fun at work, building relations with regular guests, serving very good quality food (and believe me, i used to work in places where i was ashamed to serve some dishes)

Pros

Really good salary during busy periods (summer mainly), great staff meals, amazing people to work with, helpful management, opportunities to grow and develop

Cons

Long shifts, especially during weekends, cutting hours to minimum during quiet months.

Don’t work here especially if you are a poc.

The whole time I was there the management was terrible. They didn’t know what to do with me and I never even got to complete my training. I was there for 2 and a half monthsFelt like a diversity hire. Did not feel welcomed at all really. A lot of the staff would act strange around meThe heating is extremely high, and there is no air conditioning or proper air flow, you are bound to get sickWasn’t given the right size uniform even though I asked for it more than 3 times The coffee grinder is always broken

Pros

Literally the only pro is the free lunches

Cons

Long hours Only get an hour break if you have a 10 hour/double shift

Amazing group

I started working here last week, I have worked in high end establishments all my working career and find this place second to none, the full team work exceptionally well, I actually feel respected here and I am a kp, ultimately in all walks of life we are a servant to someone else but here they treat you with respect.There are people from different areas of the world and we enjoy teaching each other languages whilst fulfilling our work capacity. The whole Ora here is a fun filled shift, even when the day gets busy and stressful we seem to sing and smile as we produce immaculate cuisine to guests.The staff food menu is amazing, I am a “foodie” and have tasted some amazing food that I have never tried before but absolutely love, I don’t think I have ever eaten so many good things in my life!In my life I have spent so long trying to please people and rush around to everyone’s demands, working here I feel relaxed and can achieve expectations easily, thank you to all my co workers 🙂

Pros

Free food (fantastic menu), awesome co workers, good building layout, fortnightly pay

Cons

Can be very stressful, but often worth it.

Cote offers a great variety of training both online and in-house, which is very good for building up a CV at a young age, or whilst attending university. The management at my branch are very helpful and supportive of your formal education and will help out in putting your education first.We get free lunches no matter how many hours you work, which is brilliant for a student like myself. However the hours can be very long and hard, especially if you're closing then opening the next day it can be tough.Another negative is because it's a franchise often you will have to explain/justify to regulars at different cote's the reasoning for different menu items, or service steps as they are currently going through an evolution.And dealing with people who get only desserts and coffee's is nearly impossible when you have a full section to look after, as (at my location) there is no bartenders as such unless there are a lot of staff on. You have to make your own drinks which can be quite time consuming, so you may often get complaints from these guests who are spending a fraction of the price of the guests who are dining, which can really affect how the company thinks you are performing.

Pros

Free lunches, Flexible work hours, Early closing time, Great colleagues, Tips are amazing

Cons

Long hours, Early opening time, Rigid standard you have to adhere to.

Always exceed

Too much asked for what it is.The workers seems to be brainwashed and have just one motto : Exceed. They said it is for the customers (we cannot say customers Guests) but actually it concerns everything, working when you feel sick, tired and overworked.Most of the days working there are frustrating.Overall, the management team is nice. But that doesn't make it all.

Pros

2 pounds a day meal (Wether you eat or not)

Cons

Long hours, stressful, no life

Good benefits but long hours

The pay here is very good and the management are generally very friendly, generally having worked in the same positions as you! Free food on breaks is a major bonus also. If you wanted to progress in this sector there is lots of opportunity to do so! Hours can be awful at times working 12/13 hour shifts for 5 days a week.

Pros

Pay, free lunches, good progress opportunity, good management

Cons

Average role for an experienced chef

The food quality is great and fun to work with the different menus and seasonal produce. Management needs reviewing as they seem to be the issue whenever things go wrong. There is still that battle of FOH and BOH staff, wherever I go its always the same, waiters vs chefs. Without the other, the other wouldn't succeed. But no matter where you go it seems like there's this issue where were up against each other instead of working together.Management had major issues (not chef management) - they seriously needed to adjust and change according to the restaurants needs and not blame failures on chefs when in realistic terms, if the error starts with the order from the waiter then the kitchen can only follow what comes through the printer into the kitchen. There are minimal check backs from floor management to see if everything is alright and if we needed help. Staff food was a major issue as they seemed to send half the staff at least on break at the busiest times then complained about where their lunch/dinner was. VERY FRUSTRATING AND DISORGANISED. Overall I enjoyed my 3/4 years there it was an educational experience and had opportunities to learn and increase my knowledge of food etc.

Pros

Good pay/tips, Fun to work in the kitchen, great colleagyes (below management), free meals, free drinks(to an extent), learning capabiltiies

Cons

long hours, no respect from management, divide betweeen the staff, poorly managed

Productive and fu

Best place to work , fun and in the same time challenging with the possibility to progress and very good pay rates 👍 😀 👏 👌 flexible hours 😀 possibility to learn new skills 😀 😉 😄

Pros

Free lunch and development programme

Be careful.

Not a good place to work, kitchen team working against each other. Bad management, bad communication. Having 0 time for yourself. Long hours, don't even get paid that much.

Awful

. Poor management . Ridiculous wages. Hired on, when I need you basys by cutting your hours as it suits themEmpty promises of pay raise.. Food and drink gets taken of the tronc, how miserable.. No value of your professional experience.. No carrier progression, unless you speack polish of course.. Be prepare to feel left out unless you are multilingual . Induction day, (What a circus ), is like a toddler after nursery club.Keep away professionalsDO NOT BE FOOL INTO ITIt is NOT A WORK PLACE FOR A CHEF.

Pros

Non

Cons

All of it

Better places to work

This job is only for the people who have zero interest in a social life and like getting under compensated. Management makes you feel like you owe them and they have zero regard for your well-being. Holiday requests are frequently ignored and you’re expected to come to work even when you feel like death and are frequently overloaded with work due to the restaurant being understaffed to reduce costs. Try to stay away if possible.

Pros

*free lunches (you actually pay off your salary but they don’t tell you that or give you an option)

Cons

Long hours, poor pay (tips are a scam), no social life, work uniform is uncomfortable in all weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cote Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cote Restaurants with

• Cote Restaurants
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?