Coty

Coty Employee Reviews

A good, happy company to work for.

A very good company to work for. High level of agency staff which is a little off putting but I came from the agency into a full time role so it shows that it's possible to enhance your position here. Good management, perhaps the wrong work ethic sometimes but they have their own targets. Everyone seems to be happy here and they just get on with their jobs.

Amazing place to work! It's like a family and very rewarding.

I was with the company for 9 years and it was one of the best working experiences of my life. I would highly recommend working for Coty as you are valued and treated very well.

Pros

Recognition, exciting experiences and rewards

Productive and fun

An excellent Company to work for with very clear forecasts for the next five years . Area Manger firm but fare with good high standards so you new where you stood with what is expected.High end sales techniques, excellent training program, fantastic training team, Overall a great company to work for

Pros

Complementary Fragrance drops 3 times a year

Cons

Weekend and bank holiday work

Worst company to work for, would never work here again. Do not recommend at all.

When I got this job I was so excited but it was the worst experience of my life. Management have no consideration for your health or well being. I was treated so poorly and was not given a handover or the right support for a new job. I was not introduced to anyone on my first day. My health was affected to the point I couldn’t sleep at night and was constantly stressed and unhappy. You are expected to come in and know everything and the management make your life very stressful with long hours and the pay does not reflect this. Some days I did not take a lunch as I was too busy and stressed, whilst the rest of the team would have lunch without me. The working environment is unhealthy and not friendly. Was not even recognised for the excessive amounts of work I did by my immediate line manager. It was the worst experience, I would never recommend this place to work and have been so happy since not working there.

Cons

Poor management, Long hours, Stressful, No work life balance, Horrible work environment. No training.

Fantastic salary, impossible job

If you like to be chucked in at the deep end with little to no training and are able to figure everything out for yourself this is the employer for you. I stayed 6 months and only ever felt like I was failing despite working long, long days.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Job

Very bad company to work for

Management is shocking !! Very poor people skills and always make false promises. I was employed as a machine operator on nights. I was put on a line that was non operational and no one knew what they were doing. I never worked nights and worked days instead. They sacked me because they didn't have a job for me in the first place and I worked there for 6 months. Worst company to work for they just lie and may oh though don't suit the job working here when they never gave me the opportunity to do the actual job I applied to do.

Pros

Cons

Management/Pay/Breaks

HR shockingly bad

Interview process takes months. HR completely reflects a company and in this case I was completely shocked and disheartened. I was told I would be emailed/phoned back after having a phone interview, after I was successful. It was very deflating as I was then told I would get a video interview in a separate email and nothing was ever sent. I kept having to chase and emailing 24/7 over the course of a month back and forth for no real progress. Coty seems as though it is a very poorly organised company. The answer to me is clear: they need new employees in HR, or more employees to handle student internships in particular. It seems as though its run by only one person who does not know how to properly do her job or how to organise efficiently. Shockingly bad. Employees like this will NOT make people want to work here.

Amazing Company and Culture

Coty makes a past paced job enjoable because the culture is great. Everyone is a hard working team player and that's been applicable across the 3 sites that I've worked at.

In Transformation

In Transfornation as a company so still a way to go to realize the full potential this scsle of Beauty company could have. Strong leadership in the UK especially gives confidence!

distrust and fear of bold decisions

Unfortunately Coty fell totally short of the ambition to undust the old culture of P&G and encourage a more entrepreneurial innovative culture in bringing the dusted brands alive. The management is extremely distrusting, controlling, dishonest with the people. Then, lack of feedback and encouragement! prevails.

Pros

Good people trying hard

Cons

Holding back change out of fear of failure

Jobs at Coty

See more jobs

Coty Manufacturing

An ok company to work for, offered training but only in house so allowed all my external certificates to run out which I thought was wrong. Management was poor for my area, a pass it on mentality in alot of departments. Good health and safety culture which was a positive. Asking the engineers and some supervisors there was a friendly comradeship which I enjoyed. Company were poor at organisation.

face and voice value culture

you don't need hard work here as your performance will not be monitored on it. What your colleagues say that only matters. Just have a mouth value culture.

Challenging like a start up

No structure yet after doubling the company size. Learnt challenges of a smaller company are very similar to a start up. Not flexible hours, work life balance not a priority and no advancement options. Very limited training resources. Teams working in silos, duplication and wasted effort. Enjoy solving problems and like the unpredictability as I personally thrive on change. I've learnt a lot how to handle tough discussions and became more confident to question everything.

ok

good pay however the management and foresight are not great. not the best company to work for but definitely not the worst also job security is really bad.

Great fun place to work--amazing people

Been working here for some time and te people are amazing-- Work is clean and tidy and a very safe environment--

Pros

The people

Cons

Shift work

Avoid

I was there for a couple of months and they felt the need to thin the heard so people were being let go left and right. only a few months later it all happened again and now for a third time and people who have been there for years are not getting their contracts renewed including myself. the company does not care for its staff.

Brief

Briefly good people just do it attitude Senior leadership changing which is a good thing The team have gone though a pot in the last year and it has not been fun The leadership outside of the factory made mistakes and the direction has been poor and it has had a big impact But the future is bright for the factory to be a part of this team means the future will be full of opportunity and success

Pros

People

Cons

Senior team

not as it seemed at interview

worked there for 1 week left with no job to go to as it was that bad . they made it seem really good at the 2 interviews i had but was nothing like i was told when got there . it should have rung alarm bells when the forgot i was there for there second interview waited over 2 hrs then was told sorry they forgot i was there and could i come back next week !!. when i started work there no one seemed to have time for site induction ect all mangers to busy .so spent a week sanding in a workshop doing nothing .only time in my life i left a job with out one to go to it was that bad .!!

Pros

clean

Cons

disorganised, liars, mangers incompetent

Fun and hard work

The shift patterns were difficult for me, however the staff were very helpful, supportive and fun. The pay was very fair and the possibility of staff discounts was excellent. The hardest thing was coping with the weekly change of shift times and the body clock coping with the change.

Pros

working conditions very good

Cons

mixure in shift patterns

Dissapointed in Ashford site

Gave it a shot, but didn't stay long. Had very little support from managers whatsaoever. It was a very disorganised place to work at, with unsensible plans, nice words were just nice words - the ideas said on meetings were not implemented in the day-to-day run. (Not talking about big ideas here, just the basic stuff like support, training etc.) People with questionable moral in charge. Colleagues were very supportive helpful though. I don't recommend overall.

Pros

On site Cafe, Lots of overtimes with bonuses

Cons

Questionable moral of management

Let down by managers

The crew i worked with were very positive and helpful towards the learning of the role. The warehouse is let down by managers not knowing about the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement