Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews for Domestic Assistant

Found 1 review matching the search
My current job which is night shifts at the NHS Countess of Chester Hospital involves brushing/mopping floors, emptying bins and hoovering offices as well s cleaning toilets. Since been in this job I have learned all about infection control, COSHH, Manual Handling as well as how different people have different working methods and routines. I have also learned about different peoples needs and developed a good rapport with patients/visitors and staff where i work thereby making me a better employee. The management where i work is unorganised and have very poor communication with each other, The management has a very unsympathetic attitude towards its staff in regards offering staff help with any questions or requests that they might have regarding stock requisition or annual leave. My co-workers are unhappy people who just wander about eh hospital doing their job as they are all of retirement age and find the job to be a nice wind down before they retire from their working life. Although for the most part they are pleasant people with a good sense of honour and a good working ethic. The hardest part of the job is split between two things. The first is the fact its permeant night shifts 9pm-5am Monday - Friday night/Saturday morning, the second is the mind numbing tedium/boredom which you have to endure as the job and the workplace itself is very boring & not really friendly between staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the people that you meet, either staff or visitors or patients. some of them are always happy regardless of whats going on with - more...
Pros
Friendly People, Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management, Permanent Night Shifts, Very Hot Temperature & Tedious Job